Sound turns off randomly

Sound turns off randomly

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: gezana.9065

gezana.9065

I haven’t identified any triggers – I’ll just be playing normally when the sound just disappears. When I check the Options menu it says the sound is still on even though I can’t hear anything.

Sound turns off randomly

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I also get this every now and then when TeamSpeak is running in the background. At least I can’t remember ever getting it when TS wasn’t running. shrugs

Restarting the game client should fix this (until it occurs again ofc).

Sound turns off randomly

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

I had that happen before twice now. Seems that Guildwars2 starts a second Gw2.exe process, which somehow messes with your audio even after you restarted the client. The only solution i found was killing that particular process to get my sound back.

Sound turns off randomly

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

This happens for me often when I change location.

Sound glitches are noticeable this this game.

Sound turns off randomly

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I haven’t identified any triggers – I’ll just be playing normally when the sound just disappears. When I check the Options menu it says the sound is still on even though I can’t hear anything.

I’ve found that Windows (whether Vista, 7, XP, etc) often adjusts the relative and absolute strengths of the sound from different programs, depending on some sort of optimization that the folks in Redmond, WA thinks will make my life better.

It happens more often when using VoIP or Chat software (e.g. TeamSpeak, Mumble, Skype, etc) or certain CD-related software (e.g. iTunes, MP3 players, etc).

I’ve not found a permanent solution and have resigned myself to right-clicking the speaker icon on the task bar and manually readjusting the “Volume Mixer” whenever I have trouble hearing the game. It seems to happen more often if I put the computer to sleep with Mumble running in the background, but it’s not consistent enough for me to be sure that is the root cause.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Sound turns off randomly

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I’ve noticed a lot more sound crashing again as of late. Maybe five times the last few days, I’ve had the audio cut out and die, looping the last sounds. Ingame audio control does nothing, and when I leave the game at this point, GW2.exe fails to shut down properly OR I get a crash error report. The game is also incredibly choppy afterwards.

Usually I get it in high lag/stress situations, WvW, megaserver boss train etc – It’s recurring for me in the laggy kittenhole that is the Cavern of Shining Lights too, if I stay there too long.

I’m gonna try deleting my local.dat and running -repair.

I’ve found that Windows (whether Vista, 7, XP, etc) often adjusts the relative and absolute strengths of the sound from different programs, depending on some sort of optimization that the folks in Redmond, WA thinks will make my life better.

It happens more often when using VoIP or Chat software (e.g. TeamSpeak, Mumble, Skype, etc) or certain CD-related software (e.g. iTunes, MP3 players, etc).

I’ve not found a permanent solution and have resigned myself to right-clicking the speaker icon on the task bar and manually readjusting the “Volume Mixer” whenever I have trouble hearing the game. It seems to happen more often if I put the computer to sleep with Mumble running in the background, but it’s not consistent enough for me to be sure that is the root cause.

This is usually caused by faulty incoming or outgoing voice communication detection.

You can disable this if you search (In Windows 7/8) for ‘manage audio devices’ and click on the Communications tab. Set it to ‘Do nothing’.

This is not the problem I’m having, nor the one most of those posting here are, I’d wager, unless they have this option set to ‘mute all sounds’ (I believe 80% reduction is the normal default setting?).

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Sound turns off randomly

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can disable this if you search (In Windows 7/8) for ‘manage audio devices’ and click on the Communications tab. Set it to ‘Do nothing’.

Been there, done that.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”