Sounds missing and 1 Guardian bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Thanks for the report about some sounds no longer playing back correctly.

This problem is being looked into.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I think the guardian bit is intended. It was stated in the patch notes that certain skills were made more easily identifiable, including heals.

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

What’s more, the sound of “Hold the line!” shout on charr guardian is not existant since day 1.

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

What’s more, the sound of “Hold the line!” shout on charr guardian is not existant since day 1.

What’s more, when my human guardian uses that skill, I’ve been known to shout ridiculous phrases like, “These supplies will be useful!” (I wasn’t even in WvW at the time.) Two nights ago in Twilight Arbor, I shouted, “To the surface!” and I don’t know why; I concede that it may have been underground, but if going “to the surface” was ever our goal, we would have simply stayed there.

There are even more odd sayings that never seemed appropriate for the circumstances, but I didn’t write them down. In fact, there has only been one time in the many months of skill use that I’ve heard my character shout, “Hold the line!” At that point I had been convinced that I would shout anything but that phrase.

EDIT: Also, “You have been judged!” in the middle of the dredge fractal, and I’m pretty sure he said, “We win again!” at one point, too. Was this undocumented change intentional?

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

(edited by RoyHarmon.5398)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Pretty sure the update changed ALL Signets so they display their symbol when the Signet is activated, not when the “action” happens. This was changed due to complaints that while all other skills can be identified fairly quickly after activation, Signets were not (so determining which ones to interrupt was nearly impossible).

Not sure why you would think foes shouldn’t be able to interrupt your heal….that’s part of PvPing (being able to identify which skills are important enough to attempt to interrupt). What you are reporting as a bug is how Signets SHOULD work.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)