Sparring Rock Master bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

I have done six tries, four have succeeded, zero have given me the achievement.

After my first two fails my GL suggested that I wait on the lightning rock and jump across and tag at the end as this is what she did.
I did this twice, both times I jumped across at the end, both times I tagged and got the chest but no achievement.
I asked in map chat if anyone was having a similar problem, somebody told me to do it legit. So I did that for two tries, even relogged beforehand. No luck, both times the achiv bugged and I got a Bonus chest but no achiv. Please fix it Anet so I can get my achivs completed.

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

Posted by: Eadwulf.2967

Eadwulf.2967

I’m having similar issues. Out of several attempts, I’ve now done this successfully a total of three times, never getting knocked off of the top of the rock while fighting Nochtli until the event is completed, and I still don’t have the achievement. One of these times I even managed to completely avoid being hit, and on all three occasions I started by waiting for her at the top of the rock before the fight even begins. The only thing that I can think of is that I was on my ranger for all of these successes, and perhaps my pet is once again causing problems for no discernible reason.

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

. The only thing that I can think of is that I was on my ranger for all of these successes, and perhaps my pet is once again causing problems for no discernible reason.

Interesting assessment.

Was the original poster a Ranger as well? I’d find it odd if the pet was tracked for the achievement along with the Ranger, but we saw it happen before with the Scarlet Hologram, so it’s a good place to start.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Juan.4569

Juan.4569

I had the same issue, I was there from the start of the fight I never fell down I waited for him there, I stood on the rock for a some hours and kept on fighting her without falling down. No achivment -_-

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

. The only thing that I can think of is that I was on my ranger for all of these successes, and perhaps my pet is once again causing problems for no discernible reason.

Interesting assessment.

Was the original poster a Ranger as well? I’d find it odd if the pet was tracked for the achievement along with the Ranger, but we saw it happen before with the Scarlet Hologram, so it’s a good place to start.

Nope Guardian. Maybe I will jump on my War and give it a go.

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

Posted by: Shade.2891

Shade.2891

Same problem. I’ve repeatedly activated the event myself, followed Nochtli to the platform, fought from beginning to the end without being knocked off and no achievement (playing guard).

Posted by: Lioknight.8075

Lioknight.8075

Same here, Ive defeated her twice on my guardian without falling, and I haven’t gotten the achievment.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’m also getting this bug, beat her three times without falling off at all, but I’m just not getting credit for the achievement.

Edit: make that four for four now. It’s my last achievement, so I’m done with this map until it’s fixed.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

I tried the achievement yesterday, camping near the rock semi-afk and I noticed something interesting.

One time I didn’t pay attention and missed her (never did damage to her, not even jumped over to her) but I still got bronze contribution.

So I guess the event may tag players for contributing while they are not on the rock and thus invalidate their attempt at the achievement.

I got it later that day by standing far away (at the wall near the first air-crystal) and joining the fight as it already started.

Posted by: wetoneesama.3917

wetoneesama.3917

I had same issue too, I’ve been trying to get this achievement since first day and tried like 20 times and still didn’t get achievement, I tried with my Guardian without get knock out or fall from rock. and also i succeed with my mesmer and my thief today and still did not get the achievement. Anet please fix this…

Posted by: WildHeart.8209

WildHeart.8209

Did it 4 times on my ele
still no achievement

did it from the start without falling from the top at all
one of these tried I also started it myself and did it solo

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

try starting the event….
in other words, talk to the npc to start the event, it might help
also, try to be there at the start of the event, before it turns hostile

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

try starting the event….
in other words, talk to the npc to start the event, it might help
also, try to be there at the start of the event, before it turns hostile

Tried that as well, didn’t help me any. I’m going to try on another character to see if it might be a character-specific bug.

That being said, for everyone who’s not getting the achievement: which achievements do you already have? I’ve got all the Dry Top (except this one, natrually) and Gates of Maguuma achievements done, so could it one achievement is blocking progress in this one?

Edit: I tried the event again, but this time with a different character and managed to get the achievement. The fight went pretty much like my last attempt: started the event, got to the platform first, and got knocked once during the fight (but recovered using a stun breaker before reaching the edge). It seems the bug is character-based rather than event-based.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: DrLight.9760

DrLight.9760

Just tried this myself did lots of damage but no achievement