Spineguards and (Not) Salvaging

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RumStein.6859

RumStein.6859

Are spineguards not being salvageable a bug?

Putting a gem in a lvl 80 spineguard, then having to waste a fine transmutation stone to recover it when you have a new back piece is a hassle. Or even upgrading to a fractal backpack, and then having a spineguard worth very little, but with a 50s gem in there I dont feel like vendoring it in case this gets fixed…

In addition, theres a bit of a feeling of exhilaration when you get a yellow in Fractals, only to look at it and find its a spineguard, so worth the same as vendor trash.

Especially when most OTHER backslot pieces are salvageable…

Could someone please confirm if this is intended (so I can give up and vendor the backpiece…)

(edited by RumStein.6859)

Posted by: ErikxRod.4832

ErikxRod.4832

back items take my bank and twink’s inventory space away, i don’t wanna sell them for plus 10copper at the tradepost for making loss at the end… it is surely not intentended and they’re just too lazy to answer and fix it…

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

I posted about this ages ago, the thread was bumped and bumped and bumped for a couple of weeks but we never got any actual official response, presumably this means it’s an intentional “feature”.

Posted by: Lord Yoshi.6738

Lord Yoshi.6738

Spineguards are a horrible loot drop right now. I’d like to see them either made salvageable/forge-able or removed from the fractal loot tables entirely. Exotic spineguards are even worse considering you could have gotten a forge-able item instead.

Posted by: Vile Silencer.3421

Vile Silencer.3421

This wasn’t really an issue until they added fractals, and I do think they will fix it eventually. If I recall, rings and amulets couldn’t be at first either. It would be a simple fix as they appear to be worthless leather just the chance for an ecto would be nice. I think this will be corrected the same time ascended rings are salvageable in the near future but like everyone else just want them to say that.