Stability for Don'tKnockYourselfOut achiev

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Preventing knockbacks and knockdowns with stability does not allow getting the achievement. The description lies.

Additionally, the spectral flames will hit you even if you are blocking, but there’s no “unblockable” warning on them or anything like that. The range at which they may hit you is random sometimes hitting as far as 600 units, and dodging doesn’t always work, as they do not activate on touch, but when they use their skill when they close enough, but may use their skill after you dodge, and there’s no visual warning whatsoever of when they are going to use it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Maybe they wanted the achievement to be just as difficult for those who have loads of stability as it is for those who don’t – but that’s juts a speculation on my part. If that’s not the case – that’s a bug. But even if it isn’t it should be mentioned in the achievement description that stability doesn’t work.

Regarding the spectral flames: In my experience they are not the same as the shadows/clones in the Liadri fight. They don’t activate if you dodge through or into them but only on impact. So I guess you are supposed to kite them until they fade (after a set timer).

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You have to avoid the attacks (block, evade or avoid).

I think this is more a but / issue with the mechanics behind how STABILITY actually works, but I agree a note about this would be nice in the description of the Achievement.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

You have to avoid the attacks (block, evade or avoid).

I think this is more a but / issue with the mechanics behind how STABILITY actually works, but I agree a note about this would be nice in the description of the Achievement.

Block doesn’t work either. Evade/Avoid are the only ones working right now.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

cool story – anet style – stability ignored
I wasted about hour until find source of failure.
Sure achievement description is not clear.

We all know that stability prevents knockback and knockdown – This fact may be interpreted in different ways – for example – if you have stability attack does not cause knockdown and knockback anymore.

You should clarify this point in achievement description.

(edited by vpchelko.4261)

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

As always for ANet double standards.
The same on HotW P1 corridor with traps: stability, invulnerability and dodging do not work.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

so glad this thread was out here… I would’ve been stuck for quite some time.
Anet needs to update the achievement description or fix it to accept blocks and/or stability