Stack-breaking in the guild bank

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Neferteri.7342

Neferteri.7342

A search doesn’t find this, but maybe I did a bad search.

I cannot break stacks within the guild bank by pressing Alt while dragging the item. I can split a stack in my inventory and in my personal bank, but to take a partial stack from the guild bank, I have to bring it to my inventory, split it there, and return the remainder. Our guild leader has complained of the same.

Similarly, I cannot drag an item onto a stack of the same within the guild bank. Again, I have to pull it out of the bank, combine the stacks, and return it.

Is this intended for bank tracking purposes, or a bug?

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

I’m having this exact same issue – is tis a bug, or is there just some different mechanic for splitting stacks of items in the Guild Bank? Please advise!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If it’s a bug, it’s been there at least since release. Maybe it’s intentional so random guild members can’t maliciously fiddle with the contents?

It may go hand in hand with the fact that double-clicking an item to move it between bag and bank (either guild or personal) won’t auto-stack with what you already have.

Posted by: MilConDoin.3420

MilConDoin.3420

A friend put something cooked into the GB, I put the same stuff in it → not stacking. Pulling both out into my inventory → not stacking (I don’t mean auto-stack with double-click, but trying to stack them manually). Is it possible for two cooked items to look like being the same item, but having a different ID internally?

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

A friend put something cooked into the GB, I put the same stuff in it -> not stacking. Pulling both out into my inventory -> not stacking (I don’t mean auto-stack with double-click, but trying to stack them manually). Is it possible for two cooked items to look like being the same item, but having a different ID internally?

I’ve had that particular issue (putting food/other stackable items) into the guild back will not “merge” with another stack, but I could still take the guild bank items out, combine the two stacks in my inventory (manually), and put them back in as one stack.

It’s possible that there are different ID’s, maybe one group was pre-crafting nerf, and other post.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Problem is, if there’s say, a stack of some Food in the Bank, and I only want to take 4 or 5, I can’t, just the entire stack. That prevents others from taking some. I suppose I can take the stack, then go to MY bank and split off just the ones I want, then go BACK to the Guild Bank and re-deposit the left-overs (returning to my bank yet again to get the partial stack – meaning 2 trips back and forth between banks), but what a pain!

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

… why couldnt you split the stack in your inventory? return the leftovers to the GB then go to your bank? i do it all the time.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

It’s not just food, it’s potions too. They don’t stack or split as one would expect. Neither of those operations is impossible, just very inconvenient.

Posted by: MilConDoin.3420

MilConDoin.3420

I yesterday tried again stacking the food, like mentioned in the post above, and now it worked. Don’t know what was changed.