Stacks disappear underwater

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

It appears after the patch when you get your 25 stacks if you go under water they disappear and you have to start over again. Occurs in WvW

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

Posted by: Apex Predator.3475

Apex Predator.3475

Doesn’t just occur in WvW, this happens in PvE as well. Some people think that this was what the intended function of the new sigil changes were supposed to be, and that keeping stacks without the sigil on your underwater weapon was actually a bug. So I don’t know if this will get fixed, or it is now fixed.

Posted by: AndyPandy.8653

AndyPandy.8653

I have the same issue. Stand on the edge of some water with full stacks, walk into the water and they disappear. Annoying to say the least.

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Occurs everywhere. This is needs to be fixed. Think about keeps such as Bay in WvW or dungeons such as Arah, where you’re forced to go underwater.

The change to sigils was fair, but the side effect of removing stacks like this is pretty crap. The sooner the fix the better. ATM, you need to have 2 sigils to maintain stacks, which is pretty kitten expensive

noice

Posted by: AndyPandy.8653

AndyPandy.8653

Especially the necro. You build your stacks, summon your elite flesh gollum, step in a puddle and lose the stacks and the elite.

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yeah this is making roaming in WvW a real pain. It would be nice to hear some feedback on this since there is multiple threads about this problem.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Just noticed this also, what happened did anet go all RP and decide that water washes off the blood or something? mind boggles.

[EDIT Update] Just bought a Sigil of Bloodlust for one of my underwater weps, now I do not lose the stacks. Maybe this is actually an intended change.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Gotchaz.7865

I did notice if you swim without diving so you don’t see your action bar you won’t lose the stacks but yeah this is very annoying, has anyone tried building stacks under water? do you lose them if you hit land?

Posted by: lept.4692

lept.4692

I did notice if you swim without diving so you don’t see your action bar you won’t lose the stacks but yeah this is very annoying, has anyone tried building stacks under water? do you lose them if you hit land?

No, if you build them underwater you don’t lose them when you come back on land. It doesn’t make any sense.

Emu [VLK]

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Just put a stacking sigil on both your underwater and land weapon and this will not happen to you.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Paying to avoid some silly inconvenience that shouldn’t be there in the first place is a common fraud. So I’m sure it’s a bug, otherwise Anet is being a big kitten.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

Jim Hunter.6821

Just put a stacking sigil on both your underwater and land weapon and this will not happen to you.

Sure it’s only 10 gold per character, no big deal, especially since I spend 99% of my game time in WvW which is just one big gold sink.

LGN

(edited by Jim Hunter.6821)

Posted by: romainette.2369

romainette.2369

got this as well, i changed my sigil on my underwater weapons (no stack possible on them) and i still have the bug.

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Some word on whether this is intended or not would be appreciated. I’m guessing it’s an unintended result of an intended change (a bug).

I’ll salvage/replace all my stacking sigils if this is the intended behavior, too much jumping in the water in WvW to waste a sigil slot on a buff that won’t last if I get my toes wet.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

I tested just now, if you have 1 on your spear or whatever, and kill something underwater the stack is kept on land, but not the other way around. Also if you equip a stacking sigil with stacks already on you while on land and de-equip they all disappear.

I do believe this is kittened to kitten

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

Doesn’t just occur in WvW, this happens in PvE as well. Some people think that this was what the intended function of the new sigil changes were supposed to be, and that keeping stacks without the sigil on your underwater weapon was actually a bug. So I don’t know if this will get fixed, or it is now fixed.

That would be a terrible way of doing things.

I have Sigil of Momentum for WvW, and Sigil of Bloodlust for PvE. This would mean that I’d either need to have a special underwater weapon just for WvW (despite the fact they filled in the lake in Borderlands); or I’d have to carry two stacking sigils on my underwater weapon, which is even more absurd.

(edited by CorliCorso.6254)

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Happens to me as well and every single person I know. This can’t be as intended as it didn’t come out on the Arpil 15 patch and there was nothing in the May 20th patch about this. Considering the discrepancies, this must be a bug. Please fix ASAP. This is incredibly inconvenient.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: TwanBr.8340

TwanBr.8340

Happened to most people of my guild as well. Had to actively lead them around the water to avoid losing stacks. The fact we can’t enter inner Bay without venturing into the water is problematic (unless when jumping in the water we manage not to get underwater but swim at the surface).
I would also like some clarification whether it was intentional or not (need to know whether I should buy a proper water weapon and another stacking sigil on all my characters or not).

Proud Gandaran

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Just did some testing of my own.

Stacking on land (with a bloodlust on UW weapon and land both superior) unequipping the stack weapon. Stacks removed.

Stacking in water with no bloodlust on land. Stacks remained when going to land.

Stacking in water then walking to land and equipping a bloodlust stack weapon will remove stacks.

Stacking on land walking into water stacks remained. Unequipping the UW wep removed stacks. Then stacking on land with no UW bloodlust equipped stacks were lost upon entering water.

Time to salvage and sell these sigils before people realize these changes are permanent if this is how they’re supposed to work now.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The change to sigils was fair, but the side effect of removing stacks like this is pretty crap. The sooner the fix the better. ATM, you need to have 2 sigils to maintain stacks, which is pretty kitten expensive

Fair for 6/8 classes, a HUGE nerf to 2/8 of them. Ele and Engineer need to be given a seperate stacking Sigil only slot. As this is currently a HUGE nerf to us.

Think about it….

Without stacking sigils:

Mesmer/Warrior/Guardian/Thief/Ranger/Necromancer 4 Vs 2 Engineer/Elementalist

With stacking Sigils:

Mesmer/Warrior/Guardian/Thief/Ranger/Necromancer 3 Vs 1 Engineer/Elementalist

I don’t see the problem with needing it on Underwater weapon as well. However, for 2 classes this IS a big problem and a huge hit to performance. You either get 250stacking buff and one crit/weapon swap/ext sigil or go for 2 crit/weapon swap/ext sigils and lose 250 stacking buff…

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

You have to have a stacking sigil of every weapon set (including under water weapons) to always keep your stacks now. That is the way it was originally intended in the April feature pack, but they didn’t do it the way they meant to. They fixed it to be the way it was intended to work now, so its not a bug, its how it was supposed to work since the April Feature Pack.

The bug part is when you go through a transform like deathshroud on a necro and lose them, or when engi’s switch kits or Ele’s switching attunements, nothing to do with going under water.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You have to have a stacking sigil of every weapon set

This needs to be changed. EVERY class needs to have it so that it is on the main set, the off set and both (if applicable) under water weapon sets. Why should two classes been unfairly punished by this for?

Currently EVERY class has access to THREE sigil slots once the apply a stacking Sigil. Meanwhile Ele and Engineer are left with ONE.

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

“They fixed it to be the way it was intended to work now, so its not a bug, its how it was supposed to work since the April Feature Pack.”

Why it’s not in changelog, so ?

Also, I play condi, and dps on all of my characters, cool to buy more sigils and more aquatics weapons.

Why delete money-sinks, if we need to buy 4 or 5 sigils at 10g ? Or make it craftable, no ? Why we need to pay for Crown Pavilion for farm bosses who don’t loot ?

They can only answer to know if it’s bug or not, to know if we have to buy sigils for aquatic weapons, or not.

Jim Hunter.6821

All these patches that are knocking verizon users out of the game and this still hasn’t been fixed? Can we at least get confirmation on if this is a bug or not!?

LGN

Josh XT.6053

Maybe I should rephrase.

Losing stacks under water isn’t a bug, you’re supposed to have a stacking sigil on an under water weapon to keep your stacks when you go into the water.

However, losing stacks when necros go into DS or when Engi’s change kits or Ele’s change attunements, that is a bug.

Josh XT.6053

Currently EVERY class has access to THREE sigil slots once the apply a stacking Sigil. Meanwhile Ele and Engineer are left with ONE.

I honestly have no words for how dumb this is that you even think this way. Ele has 4 attunements, each of which has 5 skills. So ele gets 20 skills where as everyone else gets 10. And I am not even going to go into the math on how many skills Engi’s get from having multiple kits, or how broken the grenade kit is anyway..

All I hear in that statement is crying to make 2 insanely strong classes to being over powered by giving them additional weapon sets to swap to.

Lets take a moment to imagine an Ele that can weapon swich on the fly from Staff to Dagger/Dagger. Go ahead and tell me that wouldn’t be INSANELY over powered..

Hope that puts a rest to that boneheaded statement.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s not a bug, it’s intended.

It is now set up that if you switch to a weapon set that doesn’t have the sigil on it, you will lose your stack. When you go in the water you switch to underwater weapons. If one of them doesn’t have the sigil then the stack is lost.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Bloodlust
As a result of the April 2014 patch, the Sigil of Bloodlust — and presumably, other “stack on kill” Sigils — have been significantly degraded. If you are an Elementalist, all accumulated stacks are lost any time you change weapons, even if the new weapon has the Sigil of Bloodlust. If you carry dual weapons with Bloodlust Sigils, you no longer get two stacks for each kill. If you are a profession with weapon swap capability, you will retain your accumulated stacks only as long as one of your two weapons has the Sigil of Bloodlust.

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

Would be nice for Anet to comment to confirm or Deny, so we know if we have to drop 15g on new sigils or not.

Jim Hunter.6821

It is now set up that if you switch to a weapon set that doesn’t have the sigil on it, you will lose your stack. When you go in the water you switch to underwater weapons. If one of them doesn’t have the sigil then the stack is lost.

As a result of the April 2014 patch, the Sigil of Bloodlust — and presumably, other “stack on kill” Sigils — have been significantly degraded. If you are an Elementalist, all accumulated stacks are lost any time you change weapons, even if the new weapon has the Sigil of Bloodlust. If you carry dual weapons with Bloodlust Sigils, you no longer get two stacks for each kill. If you are a profession with weapon swap capability, you will retain your accumulated stacks only as long as one of your two weapons has the Sigil of Bloodlust.

Unless you work for anet quit stating your opinions as if they were facts. The wiki says nothing at all about whether you will lose them in underwater combat or not.

Still waiting for an official response.

LGN

Astral Projections.7320

Unless you work for anet quit stating your opinions as if they were facts. The wiki says nothing at all about whether you will lose them in underwater combat or not.

Still waiting for an official response.

“If you are a profession with weapon swap capability, you will retain your accumulated stacks only as long as one of your two weapons has the Sigil of Bloodlust”.

You will also lose the stack if you switch to a new set of weapons and the weapons you switch to do not have the sigil.

When you go underwater you switch to a new set of weapons.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Jim Hunter.6821

Those weapons are already equipped. Switching to underwater weapons is no different than doing your weapon swap on land, you aren’t unequipping anything.

LGN

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

No, this is a legitimate bug. There are known inconsistencies. There are times that I gain some stacks on land and go underwater and lose my stacks, and then 5 minutes later, I’ll get stacks on land and go underwater, and the stacks will still be there, and vice versa. Stacks I get underwater sometimes follow me on land, and sometimes they don’t.

For example, on my ele I have staff and a trident. My trident has a sigil of life, while my staff doesn’t. Yesterday I went to Queensdale to experiement on the bug. I went underwater and got 5 stacks, got out of water and my stacks disappeared. I went to a merchant bought a scepter and sigil of life. I went back underwater got 5 stacks and got out of water, stacks stayed on. I picked up 5 more stacks on land with the scepter and got back in the water, stacks remained at 10. Got back on land and stacks stayed on, switch to the staff (that doesn’t have a life sigil on it) stacks disappear. I left to sell the scepter. Returned to get back into the water and picked up 5 stacks of Life on the trident. Got out of the water with the staff equipped, stacks stayed on!!! Now why, 5 minutes ago, they stacks disappeared with the staff equipped coming out of the water, but now stay on?

I don’t know what their intentions were, but the inconsistencies in stacks disappearing and staying between land and water, shows that there is a bug of some kind.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

(edited by Crunk n monkey.3749)

xFireize.6318

Now hold on a moment, Jim Hunter. I think Astral Projections here is the key to understand Anet better. Please Astral, enlighten us more with your knowledge that you take out of context of wiki’s words. We are lost..

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

(edited by xFireize.6318)

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when people were around asking if the underwater stacking sigil trick was ok or not, there was absolutely no response from devs. Now they try to fix it and didn’t even post on the update notes? How are we supposed to know the way it is meant to work and which sigils to buy?

I agree the original intent to the change was fair, but it was so poorly executed. I’m going to add to what ArmageddonAsh posted and say that eles and engies can’t change weapons (while ooc) at all if they want to use these sigils because even if the new weapon you are equipping also has the exact same sigil, you lose your stacks. Meanwhile, other classes are totally free to change up to 3 weapons while ooc without losing anything.

Jim Hunter.6821

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when people were around asking if the underwater stacking sigil trick was ok or not, there was absolutely no response from devs. Now they try to fix it and didn’t even post on the update notes? How are we supposed to know the way it is meant to work and which sigils to buy?

I agree the original intent to the change was fair, but it was so poorly executed. I’m going to add to what ArmageddonAsh posted and say that eles and engies can’t change weapons (while ooc) at all if they want to use these sigils because even if the new weapon you are equipping also has the exact same sigil, you lose your stacks. Meanwhile, other classes are totally free to change up to 3 weapons while ooc without losing anything.

They do get advantages with the on swap sigils though. Even with the built in timer they are able to activate them more often because of the constant swapping. You take the bad with the good when you play engi.

LGN

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

They do get advantages with the on swap sigils though. Even with the built in timer they are able to activate them more often because of the constant swapping. You take the bad with the good when you play engi.

Fast attunement swap gives no advantage because weapon swap sigils have 9sec CD.

Jim Hunter.6821

It absolutely does give an advantage, especially for engineers who have no cool down on swaps. For any other profession you have to think about whether you can risk putting 1 weapon set on a cool down timer, for engie you can switch your kit and go right back just to trigger the bonus.

LGN

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Those weapons are already equipped. Switching to underwater weapons is no different than doing your weapon swap on land, you aren’t unequipping anything.

Technically, I would say going from land to underwater is a FULL change of your weapon sets so BOTH weapons are in fact CHANGED (thus the stacks are lost).

Bottom line is that this is happening for EVERYONE so nobody is getting an advantage. (I don’t believe it’s a bug….I think they ninja-fixed it).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Astral Projections.7320

Ok, IMO it’s not a bug but an unfortunate side effect tied to the games mechanics.

You have to ask why did they make this change in the first place.

I think they did it because there were many people carrying 2 of the same land weapon, one with bloodlust and one with some other useful sigil. There were posts in the forum recommending this. They would build up a bloodlust stack then switch to the other weapon to get the benefit of its sigil while keeping the bloodlust stack. So ANet decided to stop this by making you lose the stack if you switch to a weapon set without the sigil.

This is where the unfortunate side effect comes in. Its the weapon set you are using (the one you are actively using and it’s swap if you have one) that have to have bloodlust to retain the stack. When you go underwater you are now actively using the underwater weapons. If they don’t have bloodlust, you lose the stack.

Now if someone can come up with another theory about why they put this change in with the other balancing changes, I would be interested to read it.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

good thing im not the only noticing this happening . hey arena net can we get this patched soon ???? it is upsetting to us , your player base

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

It is a pain in WvW especially when you get the call “SW camp under attack”. So port to the SW Keep and swim across the moat to get there and lo and behold your stacks are gone. As soon as you hit the water as it is extremely difficult to keep your head above water when in a hurry and even going off the docks drops you under.

What is so difficult to tie the stacks to the equipped weapon? If the weapon is unequipped the stack is gone. Technically your land weapons are still equipped on your “paper doll” when you swap to water weapons. Tie the stacks to that weapon and that weapon slot. The way it is currently they have tied the weapon and stacks to the weapons skills bar and not the equip slots.

Theftwind (HoD)

Jim Hunter.6821

Now if someone can come up with another theory about why they put this change in with the other balancing changes, I would be interested to read it.

Everyone understood the reason for changing it so when you unequip a weapon you lose your stacks. Losing stacks in the water didn’t happen at the same time. What seems more likely is that this is a bug and they are deciding on whether to bother fixing it or not. Why else wouldn’t they give us a simple yes or no if this was intended or not?

LGN

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

This is where the unfortunate side effect comes in. Its the weapon set you are using (the one you are actively using and it’s swap if you have one) that have to have bloodlust to retain the stack. When you go underwater you are now actively using the underwater weapons. If they don’t have bloodlust, you lose the stack.

Going to underwater weapons is no different from swapping to your second set of weapons, changing attunements or swapping kits. The equivalent to this is if you lost your stacks whenever you switched weapons to one without the ‘on kill’ sigil. How you can’t see the difference between losing stacks by unequipping and losing stacks by just swapping weapon sets is baffling to me.

This is a bug, plain and simple.

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

I would love to know if this is a bug or is intended because I would rather not buy more sigils for weapons that currently didn’t need them and then find out it was a bug and have wasted that gold. With ascended weapons being account bound I have many I place in bank to share between alts but many of them don’t use stacking sigils. I just use a stacking sigil on certain weapons, ones used more but i’m also not wanting to spend potentially 100ish gold on more sigils unless i have to so i’m hoping this is just a bug.

xFireize.6318

15g, 30g, and now 100g,.. Am I missing something or some of you are exaggerating?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

Gotchaz.7865

It’s a bug, if you’re suppose to lose stacks on weapon swap why does this not occur on land? only one of my weapons has BL, diving in the water is the same as swapping a weapon. Makes no sense to lose your stacks. I prefer not to spend 80 gold on BL’s and find out it’s a bug. An official response would be nice.

xFireize.6318

and now 80g..

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

Gotchaz.7865

Not really on JQ BL is 10 gold, 2 weapons underwater you’re looking at 20 gold per character, 100 for all 5 so…. more if you run Pve and PvP sets.

xFireize.6318

What do you mean on JQ?! We only have 1 TP.

You put 2 bloodlust sigils on your underwater weapon set?

PvP? You don’t mean sPvP, do you?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

(edited by xFireize.6318)

Posted by: Waveke.8724

Waveke.8724

Yup same here…

25 stacks and gone underwater… Ok if this ment to be… But why does ur underwater stacks stay on land ^^ think it’s a little buggy :-)

Also sigilstackcount isn’t correct. if i flip a camp solo u should get 5 stacks but sometimes i only get 2-3