Stacks disappear underwater

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

Yeah WvW and PvE not spvp, I have no idea if putting one on an underwater weapon even fixes the issue, you go test since gold is no object and get back to us

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

Anet, Can you please fill us all in, Stop remaining silent this is an issue concerning alot of people. Let us know.

Posted by: Waveke.8724

Waveke.8724

Anet, Can you please fill us all in, Stop remaining silent this is an issue concerning alot of people. Let us know.

We have to wait for an answer for a week… it’s weekend they are having cake and coffee and stuff. Also someone needs to take a look at it and if there is a problem or not, every communication needs to pass true legal department, several departments, probably needs to be aproved by 7 people… But hey ! communication has allways been terrible ^^

Infraction number… ?

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Yeah WvW and PvE not spvp, I have no idea if putting one on an underwater weapon even fixes the issue, you go test since gold is no object and get back to us

Oooooooh so you had no idea, that’s why you exaggerated. That makes sense now.

I tested on the cheapest stacking sigil, and one works, so don’t worry — you don’t have to exaggerate anymore. Oh wait a lot of people here have already tested it yet you ignored their posts, I guess you will ignore mine too, won’t you? Stop talking then.

I’m still waiting for an official response before buying bloodlust.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

I tested on the cheapest stacking sigil, and one works, so don’t worry — you don’t have to exaggerate anymore. Oh wait a lot of people here have already tested it yet you ignored their posts, I guess you will ignore mine too, won’t you? Stop talking then.

Nobody here is exaggerating. Stop trying so hard. I personally run several weapons sets through Legendarys and Ascended, We simply want answers from Anet before we drop a bunch of gold on Sigils that could be renderred useless, Or even swapped back to before patch with Anet saying it was infact a bug, because lets be honest. You don’t have a clue, and neither do I. Let’s wait and hear from Anet. Nobody wants to have wasted 20-100 gold, and then have Anet do a “take back”.

Posted by: AndyPandy.8653

AndyPandy.8653

It is supposed to remove a stack when you unequip that sigiled weapon.
It is not supposed to remove stacks when you ‘swap’ to your underwater gear.

xFireize.6318

Nobody here is exaggerating. Stop trying so hard. I personally run several weapons sets through Legendarys and Ascended, We simply want answers from Anet before we drop a bunch of gold on Sigils that could be renderred useless, Or even swapped back to before patch with Anet saying it was infact a bug, because lets be honest. You don’t have a clue, and neither do I. Let’s wait and hear from Anet. Nobody wants to have wasted 20-100 gold, and then have Anet do a “take back”.

You don’t think Gotchaz was exaggerating by putting 2 bloodlust sigils on underwater weapon set? Do you do it too? Is this some kind of new trend or something?

First you said 15g, then 30g, then now 20-100g. To me that’s exaggerating, but I’m sure our standards of exaggeration are different.

Hmm.. I don’t see how the bloodlust sigil price goes up if you run several legendary and ascended underwater weapons. Could you explain it, please? Like I asked before, am I missing something?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

xFireize.6318

You don’t think Gotchaz was exaggerating by putting 2 bloodlust sigils on underwater weapon set? Do you do it too? Is this some kind of new trend or something?

First you said 15g, then 30g, then now 20-100g. To me that’s exaggerating, but I’m sure our standards of exaggeration are different.

Hmm.. I don’t see how the bloodlust sigil price goes up if you run several legendaries and ascendeds underwater weapons. Could you explain it, please? Like I asked before, am I missing something?

Yes you are missing something. I currently have Eternity (Blood Lust) (Battle). Now say I go into water, or even get feared into Water I lose my stacks entirely because I simply don’t have a 10 gold Sigil on my UW(Under Water) Weapons. So now for example Say I buy into this hideous update and confirm it isn’t a bug, and I purchase 1 Bloodlust rune and place it on my Spear. Two weeks Later, Anet replies. “It was a bug”. Now I have a problem as I wasted 10g on a Sigil that I don’t even need. So I remove that sigil and replace my old sigil onto my spear. Now it gets a little more complicated and I know you don’t understand but let’s try. I myself have several weapon sets. And I would hope others do aswell. For example my PTV set. Lets say I replace that Sigil aswell for Toughness Stacks. All of a sudden that’s a take back too. The list goes on and on, And howabout for my Ranger? Should I replace it’s Sigils too? Do you understand xFireize.6318? What if Somebody else who has 5+ characters? And each runs Bloodlust?

Oooooh you meant legendary and ascended land weapons. I thought they were related but it turned out they aren’t at all. You just had to say it so it seemed more expensive. That makes sense now.

Aww, did you just teach me multiplication? Thanks, but no more please. I’m already dumber by reading your posts.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Hmm.. I don’t see how the bloodlust sigil price goes up if you run several legendary and ascended underwater weapons. Could you explain it, please? Like I asked before, am I missing something?

Can’t tell if you’re trolling or truly don’t understand how math works. The sigils cost around 10g, if this isn’t a bug a player will need a minimum of 2 sigils per character if they want to run with stacks. Depending on how many characters a player has this can easily end up costing a hundred gold or more. It’s simple addition.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Could we maybe change this so you don’t lose your stacks when equipping another weapon with the exact same sigil? I was kind of miffed to see that swapping from Greatsword with a perception sigil to a staff with a perception sigil completely removed my accumulated stacks.

Honestly, I see what Anet was trying to do with this change, but it’s just made stacking sigils too awkward to use and I imagine this will be quite confusing for new players.

Gandara

Posted by: shiven.1892

shiven.1892

Well, the intention of the April 15th patch was that you could not use a stacking weapon then switch to another weapon with a different sigil to have 3 active sigil. However, the work around was to put a stacking sigil on your underwater weapon. Then you can get 25 stacks underwater (or on land with land stacking weapon+stacking sigil on underwater weapon), then still have 3 active sigils on land. The change in the last patch was probably intentionally to fix the work around but has caused other problems.

(edited by shiven.1892)

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

3+ days and no response from devs. It’s just sad….

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

15g, 30g, and now 100g,.. Am I missing something or some of you are exaggerating?

That’s not unrealistic. I have 7 characters, with several builds each. Perception, bloodlust and corruption for each. Some people have more. It’s not up to you to tell people how many characters or builds they can have.

Also, bumping in hopes a Dev might deign to respond to our lowly request for a simple yes/no answer to “is this new behavior a bug or intended?”.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If y’all are actually expecting a response from a Dev I suggest you look at the other threads, see how many have red circles and calculate the odds and wait time from that. Just saying.

Jim Hunter.6821

Bump for a response

LGN

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

It is supposed to remove a stack when you unequip that sigiled weapon.
It is not supposed to remove stacks when you ‘swap’ to your underwater gear.

Totally this.
Changing to underwater weapon(s) is ‘swapping’, not ‘unequipping’, imho.

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Just noticed this also, what happened did anet go all RP and decide that water washes off the blood or something? mind boggles.

[EDIT Update] Just bought a Sigil of Bloodlust for one of my underwater weps, now I do not lose the stacks. Maybe this is actually an intended change.

Does the sigil on the underwater weapon need to be the same quality of sigil to maintain the stacks, or can I put a Superior Sigil of Bloodlust on my greatsword and a Minor Sigil of Bloodlust on my spear and keep my stacks?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Just noticed this also, what happened did anet go all RP and decide that water washes off the blood or something? mind boggles.

[EDIT Update] Just bought a Sigil of Bloodlust for one of my underwater weps, now I do not lose the stacks. Maybe this is actually an intended change.

Does the sigil on the underwater weapon need to be the same quality of sigil to maintain the stacks, or can I put a Superior Sigil of Bloodlust on my greatsword and a Minor Sigil of Bloodlust on my spear and keep my stacks?

They need to be the same:
minor|minor
major|major
superior|superior

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Jim Hunter.6821

Back to the first page with you. Still waiting for a simple response.

LGN

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

You can buy a response from the Gem Store….only 800 gems!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

i want my stacks!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Get stacking sigils for your under water weapons. Problem solved, quit complaining about it.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Jim Hunter.6821

Get stacking sigils for your under water weapons. Problem solved, quit complaining about it.

send me a 100g so I can equip most of my characters

LGN

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

I think you guys are missing something. I went to Sparkfly with my Warrior and tried to see if I could get my Bloodlust stacks taken away by switching weapons in water and on land, while moving in and out of water. I was unable to have my bloodlust stacks reduce or removed.
dual axes – bloodlust and battle
longbow – force and strength
GS – bloodlust and force
harpoon gun – bloodlust & strength
spear – force and strength
There has to be a problem that is causing your removal of bloodlust stacks, but I am not having this problem AT ALL.

Jim Hunter.6821

^^^ classic example of someone that doesn’t bother to read any of the posts I in the thread.

Still waiting for a response anet.

LGN

Sligh.2789

^^^ classic example of someone that doesn’t bother to read any of the posts I in the thread.

Still waiting for a response anet.

Classic example of someone that has no sense of logic. Why would you retain your stacks when you are equipping a separate set of weapons for underwater with no sigil of bloodlust on it. This is how it should work.

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

Classic example of someone that has no sense of logic. Why would you retain your stacks when you are equipping a separate set of weapons for underwater with no sigil of bloodlust on it. This is how it should work.

As a staff ele I have 2 weaps, staff and trident. There is NO option to swap at all. Fine, I removed the trident, killed a few things and jumped into the water. Lost the stacks.
Is this also how it is suppose to work????

So when you equip a separate set of weapons for underwater with the bloodlust sigil, it is being transferred from your land weapons? How is this logical?

Sligh.2789

As a staff ele I have 2 weaps, staff and trident. There is NO option to swap at all. Fine, I removed the trident, killed a few things and jumped into the water. Lost the stacks.
Is this also how it is suppose to work????

So when you equip a separate set of weapons for underwater with the bloodlust sigil, it is being transferred from your land weapons? How is this logical?

OK, you hold a weapon that provides you a stack of bloodlust when you kill with it. So if I equip another weapon with the sigil that benefit should continue to be with me, Now I equip a weapon for underwater without the sigil, and I should keep my stacks of bloodlust? sounds OP to me.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think Sligh’s example is showing how it’s supposed to work now. ANet’s intention is that you must have one equipped Bloodlust sigil on your equipped weapons at all times for the stacks to remain. The old method of equip BL weapon, get 25 stacks, unequip BL weapon was unintended.

That said, there’s two possible bugs here which both have arguments for being valid:

1. You have BL on a land weapon, but not on the underwater weapon. Build 25 stacks on land, jump into water. Stacks disappear.

2. You have BL on an underwater weapon, but not on your land weapons. Build 25 stacks underwater, head onto land. Stacks remain.

So there’s an inconsistency here. Either the land → water is bugged and the stacks SHOULD remain (you haven’t unequipped your land weapon with the BL sigil, after all), or the water → land is bugged and the stacks should disappear (ANet intends for us to have a BL sigil on both our land weapons and our underwater weapons.)

So! The answer we need from ANet is, “Which scenario is correct?”

Jim Hunter.6821

You know people can accept bugs and they can accept changes, but flat out ignoring us when we are simply looking for some clarification tends to kitten people the kitten off. There are a lot of new games coming out right now, and it’s a lot easier to keep current customers by keeping them happy then to find new ones. Food for thought.

LGN

xFireize.6318

I already caved and bought sigils for my underwater weapons. Waiting for Anet to give a response about this was ruining my WvW enjoyment. Whether if the change is intended or not, I have less respect for them now.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Hmm, it seems that they fixed the underwater weapon, last time I tested, it was if either weapon set didn’t have a stacking sigil, the stack would be lost.

Now it’s if underwater weapon doesn’t have a stacking sigil, while land weapon set does, when diving into water, the stack is lost.

And if stacking sigil is on underwater weapon set, but not on land weapon set, the stack persists.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Jim Hunter.6821

Back to the first page.

Still waiting on a response.

LGN

Daggos Skelito.2910

Your WEAPONS SET should be what is equipped on your hero’s panel the time you get your first stack, including UW weaps.

If the original WEAPON SET is altered in anyway with stacks, they are lost. Why would this not work?

Jim Hunter.6821

I’m just going to keep bumping this until we get a response.

LGN

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

We want a response to this issue please!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

A similar thread discussing this change/bug was in the GW2 Discussion sub-forum for a while and then the other day it got moved to the Profession Balance sub-forum.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/bloodlust-stacking-change-is-not-right

I guess we can take that as their response on the matter as it being intentional.

I believe there are still bugs related to their undocumented change, which is why this thread is still in the bugs forum; it mentions some of those bugs/inconsistencies.

I’ve decided to completely ignore anything with stacking sigils and will be selling off the ones I have. This change makes them not worth having at all, to me, when another sigil can be more effective for my style of play.

RIP Stacking Sigils. :\ It was fun while it lasted.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Just to clarify, two things need to be changed to improve the new stacking sigil system:

1) On-land stacks should not be lost when going underwater. Having to equip stacking sigils to underwater weapons just to prevent this is kind of silly. If this particular interaction is intended, then Anet need to say.

2) Swapping between weapons with the exact same sigil should not remove your stacks. Swapping weapons on the fly situationally is now being punished by this new system, which is so weird as the on-demand trait reset was very much promoting quick character changes and now with this change some of flexibility is being removed. I don’t really get why this was changed. Again, Anet need to tell us what’s going on here.

Gandara

Jim Hunter.6821

bump for a response

LGN

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

This is not a bug, as part of the April 15th patch if you want to keep your stacks in water you must add the same sigil to your underwater weapon to keep your stacks. I believe this was mention int he April 15th patch notes. However, Anet may change their mind on this later.

xFireize.6318

This is not a bug, as part of the April 15th patch if you want to keep your stacks in water you must add the same sigil to your underwater weapon to keep your stacks. I believe this was mention int he April 15th patch notes. However, Anet may change their mind on this later.

The change was applied on the May patch. Can you give us the link where it was mentioned in the April patch notes?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Bump.

Jim Hunter.6821

not seeing anything about it in the patch notes… still waiting for a response

LGN

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Would be nice to hear something about this. I would rather not have to avoid water all the time…or have to acquire a bunch of stacking sigils for underwater weapons…

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

Posted by: RicardoLans.7658

RicardoLans.7658

Bump.

We really want an answer concerning this.
Or an explanation why this has been published.

Commander
Far Shiverpeaks
50K kills WvW

(edited by RicardoLans.7658)

Jim Hunter.6821

Bump, waiting for an answer

LGN

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah this is very very annoying now i have to get another bloodlust sigil for underwater weapon so i keep my stacks when going through water in bay for example. can this be fixed please

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Jim Hunter.6821

Back to the top

LGN

Daggos Skelito.2910

This is a tad bit confusing. You can have a bloodlust on main hand and swap land weaps and not loss stack unless you unequip. If you jump in the water and don’t have the same sigil you loss stack.

Completely remove your underwater weapons and you loss stack if you jump in water. So if I am unequipping my land weapons and equipping my UW weaps with same sigil, why would the stack remain??? Doesn’t work that way on land, does it?

Jim Hunter.6821

Just had to drop about 19 gold after leveling a new character. This is absolutely ridiculous. If this thread doesn’t get a reply I will never spend another dime in the gem store.

LGN