Stacks disappear underwater

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Looks like this new update didn’t fix this either. Keep trying fella’s you’ll get this eventually.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

Sorry couldn’t really check if this was fixed yet since the game has been unplayable the past couple days. Any updates?

LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

Sorry I haven’t checked in, I’ve been out of town for the past week. I have to say I’m pretty disappointed that this wasn’t fixed yet. Any progress? Does anyone actually read any subforum besides living story?

LGN

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

Any news on this bug they broke a few patches back? Getting tired of avoiding water. Even worse when you fall into water with no fault of your own and your stacks poof!

Jim Hunter.6821

I’m sure it comes as a huge surprise but this is still broken

LGN

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

How do you know this isn’t working as intended?
When you go in the water you automatically unequip your land weapons and equip the underwater ones,and since you can’t get the effect of an unequipped weapon sigil,you lose your stacks.
Anyway.
Don’t change it now.I bought extra sigils.
Ty.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Jim Hunter.6821

When you go in the water you automatically unequip your land weapons and equip the underwater ones,and since you can’t get the effect of an unequipped weapon sigil,you lose your stacks.
Anyway.
Ty.

If that’s the case then all they have to do is say so. It’s bullkitten that they break something and remain silent about it when all anyone is looking for is some clarification on whether this change was intended or not.

And you’re kind of a kitten for not caring about anyone else that plays this game. Guess what, I have the stacking sigils for my underwater weapons too. Doesn’t mean I’m now okay with this.

LGN

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Anyway.
Ty.

If it’s working as intended, it’s not working 100% correctly either, because if you build stacks underwater and then head onto land, the stacks remain.

THAT’S the inconsistency. Either the land → water is bugged, and the stacks should remain, OR water → land is bugged and the stacks should disappear. ANet needs to let us know which is correct.

Either way, it doesn’t affect me since I put stacking sigils on my underwater weapons as well, but they really do need to clarify to players how this is supposed to work.

Daggos Skelito.2910

I also added a sigil on my underwater weapon. After purchasing it, I presented those who came up with this idea the appropriate finger. Ya this is wrong in so many ways!

Jim Hunter.6821

All those patches for living story garbage and this wasn’t fixed. Get to work anet.

LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

blah blah blah, clearly no one is reading this anyway.

LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

Those 3 infractions I got means someone at least looked at this thread. How about a response? Is it really so hard to say if this is a bug or if it’s working as intended?

LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

I’ve now purchased 2 sets of bloodlust sigils for most of my characters, so feel free to send me about a hundred gold or the equivalent in gems since you couldn’t fix this problem.

LGN

Posted by: Tibi.5892

Tibi.5892

it is how it was supposed to work. stacks stay active as long as u have that wep equiped. underwater u have another set of weps equiped so the stacks go away because the sigil from the firs set is unequiped.
if u need the stacks, don’t go underwater or buy one sigil for one of the underwater weapons.
easy as that. no paybacks, no complaining. everyone knows it and deals with it.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I’m not using stacking sigils anymore (swapped them out) but I left the BL sigil on my spear. I haven’t noticed if going from water → land keeps the stacks, but it shouldn’t. IMO, putting matching stacking sigils on both land and water weapons is consistent -- you should NOT be able to use stacks gained on land in water if you have no water weapon with that sigil, and you should NOT be able to use stacks gained in water on land if your land weapons don’t have that sigil.

If water stacks remain on land with no land weapons that have a matching sigil, then that’s the only thing that needs to be fixed.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ Exactly. That’s what I’ve been saying; the behaviour of the stacking sigils is not consistent between land and water weapons, and THAT’S what’s causing the confusion. Players don’t know which side of the equation is the one that’s bugged.

Daggos Skelito.2910

IMO, putting matching stacking sigils on both land and water weapons is consistent —

Anet now auto unequips your land weapon and equips your water when you jump in. So in theory, you should lose all stacks because the weapon that got the stacks is unequip. BUT, by some magical unkown force, if you have the same sigil on your water weap, the stacks are transferred.

What is this magical unkown force that transfers stacks? That why I am confused on how this can be consistent.

Ark Bladesteele.2943

IMO, putting matching stacking sigils on both land and water weapons is consistent —

Anet now auto unequips your land weapon and equips your water when you jump in. So in theory, you should lose all stacks because the weapon that got the stacks is unequip. BUT, by some magical unkown force, if you have the same sigil on your water weap, the stacks are transferred.

What is this magical unkown force that transfers stacks? That why I am confused on how this can be consistent.

The “magical force” is known as “game code” which “checks” to see if any of your underwater weapons shares the same stacking sigil as one of your land weapons, and retains the stacks if one does and drops them if none do. I assume it’s a check only being done when going from land to water and vice versa, therefore making a special case scenario, because you can’t, for example, swap out a weapon with a stacking sigil with another weapon with an identical sigil without losing the stacks. Which, admittedly, is a bit unfortunate.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

I dont see what the big problem is here. The thing at fault is clearly the fix to stacking sigils, in the sense that if you switch to a set that doesnt have a stacking sigil or unequip your weapon that has it you will lose all your stacks.

Since underwater equipment is treated seperately from your on-land stuff, in theory, as you jump in the water, your Headgear will be replaced with a Waterbreather, and your on-land weapons will be swapped with your underwater weapons, so technically, it does remove your stack set and replaces it, which means the mechanic is working exactly as intended. Infact, the Waterbreathers have worked like that for the longest time that a rune on it would count towards the rune set of your other armor.

Jim Hunter.6821

Until Anet confirms that this change was intended it is a bug.

LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

Something something this is still broken

LGN

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

How did you come up with that formula? Good luck with (mistaken) assumption.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Ark Bladesteele.2943

You picked a really odd cross to crawl up on, Jim.

Jim Hunter.6821

How did you come up with that formula? Good luck with (mistaken) assumption.

You picked a really odd cross to crawl up on, Jim.

I absolutely agree with you two that this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Thanks for helping me keep it on the first page until we get a response from anet.

LGN

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

This is so annoying, accidentally walk into a puddle that’s over waist height, and then my 25 stacks vanish!

[OP] Optimise

Jim Hunter.6821

This is still broken after the latest update.

LGN

Daggos Skelito.2910

This is so annoying, accidentally walk into a puddle that’s over waist height, and then my 25 stacks vanish!

In the heat of a battle got knocked into the water and also lost my stacks. So someone explain why I can swap land weapons and not lose stacks, but can’t swap water?

Posted by: Apex Predator.3475

Apex Predator.3475

Water we gonna do about this?

Jim Hunter.6821

Water we gonna do about this?

I see what you did there

LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

Not sure why that last one was deleted. I was just asking if we can expect this bug to be fixed in the big patch coming next month. It is a valid question about an extremely annoying bug on the bug forum.

LGN

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Not a bug. Buy a matching sigil for one of your (equipped) underwater weapons, you are not entitled to use stacks from a weapon you gained said stacks on underwater if that weapon cannot be equipped underwater. The same goes for the reverse, the same goes for a rune on your helmet vs. the rune on your aquabreather.

Buy the sigil, climb off the cross, get over it.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If you don’t want to pay the going price for a superior blood lust sigil, they can be made cheaply by making a Mystic battleaxe and salvaging it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Battleaxe
One eldritch scroll: 50 skill points
5 orichalcum axe blades: farmable
5 orichalcum axe handles: farmable
30 mystic coins: if you don’t already have a bunch of these, they are dead cheap. At the moment buy price is 90 copper.

Jim Hunter.6821

Not a bug. Buy a matching sigil for one of your (equipped) underwater weapons, you are not entitled to use stacks from a weapon you gained said stacks on underwater if that weapon cannot be equipped underwater. The same goes for the reverse, the same goes for a rune on your helmet vs. the rune on your aquabreather.

Buy the sigil, climb off the cross, get over it.

Once again you are just stating an opinion. Since anet still hasn’t taken 5 seconds to confirm wether this change was intended or not I am going to assume it is a bug.

LGN

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

I didn’t read the entire thread (yay laziness), but I’m almost 100% positive this was intended. There was a “workaround” where you could get 25 stacks above water, and so long as you had a stacking sigil on your underwater weapon, you could swap out your regular weapons while still keeping your stacks. The change was intended to stop this from happening.

Incursiön [iN]

Jim Hunter.6821

I didn’t read the entire thread (yay laziness), but I’m almost 100% positive this was intended. There was a “workaround” where you could get 25 stacks above water, and so long as you had a stacking sigil on your underwater weapon, you could swap out your regular weapons while still keeping your stacks. The change was intended to stop this from happening.

If that is what they were trying to fix then they “fixed” it in the most broken way possible. Still since the change never made it into the patch notes I would like to see a reply from a dev or moderator on whether this change was intended or not.

LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

Haven’t had a chance to see if the patch last night fixed this bug or not. Any new info on this?

LGN

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Have you tried sending a support ticket? I think you can get a direct response there.

You obviously do not listen to others, for the sole reason of “It’s just your opinion.” Then why bother posting in the forum, where no one knows the real answer and the majority of its readers are players? And now you asked us to read the patch for you? LOL.

It’s been three months. Obviously the people who moved on (including myself, and I was upset too) have forgotten this “bug” since months ago.

Maybe your opinion is wrong? Just saying my opinion. It’s all opinions here, right?

Congrats though, you got my attention.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

(edited by xFireize.6318)

Jim Hunter.6821

Have you tried sending a support ticket? I think you can get a direct response there.

You obviously do not listen to others, for the sole reason of “It’s just your opinion.” Then why bother posting in the forum, where no one knows the real answer and the majority of its readers are players? And now you asked us to read the patch for you? LOL.

It’s been three months. Obviously the people who moved on (including myself, and I was upset too) have forgotten this “bug” since months ago.

Maybe your opinion is wrong? Just saying my opinion. It’s all opinions here, right?

Congrats though, you got my attention.

Wish your attention was all I wanted. I submitted a bug report the day this changed and never got a response.

I’m really surprised so many people have a problem with me asking about this. Is it really so unreasonable for a customer to expect a response from a company when a product changes without word?

If your tv service was suddenly missing a bunch of channels wouldn’t you expect to be able to ask the company if those channels were dropped/went off air, or if you were just having a problem with your cable?

LGN

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

As I said before, sigil stacks broke at the time anet changed to 5 stacks per player kill while in WvW. I don’t buy the argument that losing stacks by switching to underwater weapons is by game design. If it were by design I would lose stacks by switching from a bow to a sword. Support for this game is practically non existent in this forum.

Jim Hunter.6821

As I said before, sigil stacks broke at the time anet changed to 5 stacks per player kill while in WvW. I don’t buy the argument that losing stacks by switching to underwater weapons is by game design. If it were by design I would lose stacks by switching from a bow to a sword. Support for this game is practically non existent in this forum.

I absolutely agree. I’m fairly certain it was an accident, which would explain why it was never in the patch notes and why they are remaining silent about it. They are likely just waiting to see if people will just accept the change or not before dedicating time and man power to fixing the problem.

LGN

Posted by: easyface.8064

easyface.8064

Heya guys was wondering if some of you experienced another stacking problem(dunno though if it is intendend) aswell.
If I have a stacking sigil in one of my 4 weapons I can stack just fine but the moment I put a second weapon with the same stacking sigil in the next set ( so both weapon sets consist of 1 random sigil and and 1 stacking sigil (the same ones)) I won’t get any stacks anymore. If I unequip 1 stacking weapon it starts to work again. Is this intendend?
I just like to freely weaopn swap so I don’t have to watch with which weapon set I have to kill something.

Mesmer WvW Outnumbered Commentary/Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWingIsPurple

Jim Hunter.6821

So I hopped on an alt and noticed this is still broken. Hope to see it fixed with the update coming soon.

LGN

Jim Hunter.6821

Any info on if this will be fixed with the patch on tuesday?

LGN

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

The problem with some of your arguments is that you do not swap your weapons out. Your land weapons are still equipped under water and your under water weapons are still equipped on land. All it really is is a weapon swap. Running on land run into water… under water weapon are then swapped. You do not reequip them as they are already equipped. This is a weapon swapping issue not a weapon equipping issue. You don’t reequip your weapons when you pop in or out of water. You just swap to them as they are still on your character. Which is why this is such an annoyance. No one should have to be punished because the hit the water or have to go into the water. Its 18-20g for two sigils on the TP for just 1 character to get bloodlust stacks, that’s ridiculous.

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

I wish to report; this bug is affecting my enjoyment of playing characters fitted with this sigil.

( This is amusing. A significant issue like this remains unanswered for 4 months ).

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

(edited by Cina Reas.6938)

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

What do you mean on JQ?! We only have 1 TP.

You put 2 bloodlust sigils on your underwater weapon set?

PvP? You don’t mean sPvP, do you?

It’s called PvP in game, nowhere is it ever called sPvP and it’s far from well structured anyway, is a silly change considering how Anet have done everything they can to make water fights less of the game, at least before these stupid ruins we had a big lake, now it’s very rare to fight in the water in WvW and no PvP water fighting at all now, why didn’t they keep Raid of the Capricorn, there’s hardly that many maps as it is so they really can’t afford to remove maps in PvP. I am one of the few that like the water combat, haven’t played other mmos that even let you swim let alone fight underwater….

I do agree with them bringing the PvP stack rules to WvW, making 25 stacks from killing 25 targets is a chore especially considering how easy it is to get downed, at least now killing players is worthwhile, just making 1 stack from an enemy player… Just having a few dozen enemies onscreen can really lag the game for many of us so good change, still I don’t see why dual weapons shouldn’t provide 2 stacks.

Heya guys was wondering if some of you experienced another stacking problem(dunno though if it is intendend) aswell.
If I have a stacking sigil in one of my 4 weapons I can stack just fine but the moment I put a second weapon with the same stacking sigil in the next set ( so both weapon sets consist of 1 random sigil and and 1 stacking sigil (the same ones)) I won’t get any stacks anymore. If I unequip 1 stacking weapon it starts to work again. Is this intendend?
I just like to freely weaopn swap so I don’t have to watch with which weapon set I have to kill something.

Haven’t tried, I did try having 2 sets each with a different stacking sigil (system chooses the set you make your first kill with so no problems there) and also a set where each weapon has a different stacking sigil, the system picks one of them over the other. Will try having sets with the same stacking sigil and report back.

(edited by Yifang.8260)

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I often switch my second set between several weapons that all have a bloodlust sigil on them, and yesterday I put one of them in my primary slot with a secondary set that also had the sigil. I still received stacks. So that issue is resolved, it seems.

And hey, you know what? I don’t really care about having to have a second sigil on my underwater weapons. I never change them, never bothered to even make ascended ones, and they’ve had the same skins for.. I don’t even remember how long. At least a year.

So here’s my beef: if you’ve got a stacking sigil on any of either of your sets (if you’re fighting on land, and have one on either of your land weapons, same with water) make it so it doesn’t matter what weapon set you used to kill something with — give us the stack(s) anyway. It’s not a proc sigil, it’s not a passive boost (like force or bursting) or damage sigil, it’s not a temporary boost gained on kill or on weapon swap — just give us the stacks.

I know there are probably a lot of counter arguments for why it shouldn’t be allowed, but argue away. Let’s have that discussion. Why not? Hell, I’ll even make a new thread about it.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

I tested it out, if I have no underwater weapon equipped that has a matching sigil with my land weapon as with before the stacks vanish, pretty stupid. The system has a separate memory for the player’s traits outside and in water so no reason for this to occur.