Steal bug

Steal bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rage Dog.7618

Rage Dog.7618

Steal bugs out if combo’d with any movement skill (heartseeker, flanking strike) this needs to be addressed as any good thief cannot play properly with this bug.

Steal bug

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

steal will interrupt any movementskills (if not pressend at the same time). please fix!

Steal bug

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Steal bugs out if combo’d with any movement skill (heartseeker, flanking strike) this needs to be addressed as any good thief cannot play properly with this bug.

If you cannot play without using broken mechanics then you are not a good thief…

Steal bug

Rage Dog.7618

I said ‘play properly’ not play, it is highly frustrating when I’m trying to combo together a chain of skills and due to a bug it says ‘out of range’ and puts it on full cooldown. And V I didn’t know you were the kind of guy who flames people

Steal bug

Vavume.8065

I said ‘play properly’ not play, it is highly frustrating when I’m trying to combo together a chain of skills and due to a bug it says ‘out of range’ and puts it on full cooldown. And V I didn’t know you were the kind of guy who flames people

How is using broken mechanics “playing properly”? do you really think anet intended thieves to be using hs steal combos? I personally hope this is not a bug and instead a fix because this should never have been possible in the first place. I am not flaming anyone btw, my comment was meant in general, ANY thief that cannot play without using broken mechanics is not a good thief, IMO.

Steal bug

Rage Dog.7618

Well at the moment it is a bug, whether they address it by making the port not work but not putting it on full cooldown or returning it to its old state, it is bugged as it says ‘out of range’ when you are clearly in range. If it was out of range then the skill would not go on full cooldown. Also how is it a broken mechanic? Every insta cast skill in game (bar death shroud) does not interrupt skills. And you being a D/D, this bug will not affect you much as steal hs combo isn’t ever used as the obvious CnD steal combo is better. But it is a bit rich of you to say this is a broken mechanic seeing as your whole build is built around the steal CnD combo, which apparently isn’t a broken mechanic?! As a d/p thief the hs steal combo has a similar effect to steal Cnd as a stealth gap closer. Regardless, it is definitely a bug atm and it needs a fix either way.

(edited by Rage Dog.7618)

Steal bug

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

How is using broken mechanics “playing properly”? do you really think anet intended thieves to be using hs steal combos? I personally hope this is not a bug and instead a fix because this should never have been possible in the first place. I am not flaming anyone btw, my comment was meant in general, ANY thief that cannot play without using broken mechanics is not a good thief, IMO.

so you’re suggesting that its intended that steal go on CD because “out of range” when using steal at point blank range combined with heartsekeer.

if you think prepatch was broken and now its fixed, you dont understand what the word “broken” means in english. probably the dumbest post i read all day.

Steal bug

Vavume.8065

And you being a D/D, this bug will not affect you much as steal hs combo isn’t ever used as the obvious CnD steal combo is better. But it is a bit rich of you to say this is a broken mechanic seeing as your whole build is built around the steal CnD combo, which apparently isn’t a broken mechanic?! .

Yes C&D steal is also a BROKEN MECHANIC imo, guess what, I never use those mechanics and never have, they should also fix it that the C&D steal doesn’t work too. You seen my vids, you can see I don’t use broken mechanics. And really lol to think that my build is built around it, I play without using that cheese.

so you’re suggesting that its intended that steal go on CD because “out of range” when using steal at point blank range combined with heartsekeer.

if you think prepatch was broken and now its fixed, you dont understand what the word “broken” means in english. probably the dumbest post i read all day.

It’s been broken since release, imo. Only anet can tell us if they intended thieves to use these kind of mechanics, personally I don’t think they did. I’m not suggesting this is a fix, but I can tell you that I find it hilarious that every thief that relied on this way of playing is now crying on the forums.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Steal bug

Rage Dog.7618

I’d rather not have an argument tbh but you do use the Cnd steal combo mate, I’ve seen it multiple times in each of your vids(which are pretty sweet :p) but yeah its besides the point, this is a bug.
Just for an example of you using it: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pk6oqJ3pRZM
At 1:02 you use it, and it’s not the only time.

(edited by Rage Dog.7618)

Steal bug

Vavume.8065

I’d rather not have an argument tbh but you do use the Cnd steal combo mate, I’ve seen it multiple times in each of your vids(which are pretty sweet :p) but yeah its besides the point, this is a bug.
Just for an example of you using it: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pk6oqJ3pRZM
At 1:02 you use it, and it’s not the only time.

OH WOW REALLY? look again, u can clearly see me cloak him, you do know how the animation for C&D looks right? just stop now bro, you makin yourself look even worse, like I said I have never used it, that clip clearly shows me NOT using broken mechaincs. try harder, you will not find any clip of me using broken mechnics cos as I said I DO NOT USE THEM.

I will be waiting for your apology.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Steal bug

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

And you being a D/D, this bug will not affect you much as steal hs combo isn’t ever used as the obvious CnD steal combo is better. But it is a bit rich of you to say this is a broken mechanic seeing as your whole build is built around the steal CnD combo, which apparently isn’t a broken mechanic?! .

Yes C&D steal is also a BROKEN MECHANIC imo, guess what, I never use those mechanics and never have, they should also fix it that the C&D steal doesn’t work too. You seen my vids, you can see I don’t use broken mechanics. And really lol to think that my build is built around it, I play without using that cheese.

It’s been broken since release, imo. Only anet can tell us if they intended thieves to use these kind of mechanics, personally I don’t think they did. I’m not suggesting this is a fix, but I can tell you that I find it hilarious that every thief that relied on this way of playing is now crying on the forums.

Wait you dont precast abilities before steal? lol garbage thief. you should check out some youtube videos to learn the class mechanics better

Steal bug

Rage Dog.7618

Ok V you’re right I looked back over and I see you are stealing then instantly casting CnD, so here’s your apology, although I don’t appreciate the smugness

Steal bug

Vavume.8065

Wait you dont precast abilities before steal? lol garbage thief. you should check out some youtube videos to learn the class mechanics better

That’s right I don’t, because I don’t believe it was intentional for us to be able to, so in my eyes its effectively cheating… I play with my honor in tact and I do not need to pre cast to be effective.

Steal bug

Vavume.8065

Ok V you’re right I looked back over and I see you are stealing then instantly casting CnD, so here’s your apology, although I don’t appreciate the smugness

I don’t appreciate being called a liar m8…

Steal bug

Rage Dog.7618

Yeah its fair, I didn’t see it properly the first time, I just wanted to get a, imo, bug fixed, not an argument kittening forums

Steal bug

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

If you cannot play without using broken mechanics then you are not a good thief…

Vavume, it’s common knowledge that any shadow step ability (shadow step, infiltrators signet, steal) can be used while channeling another ability and not interrupt it. This is not a “broken mechanic” and this bug is a big deal. No need for you to fly off the handle, you’re sounding quite ignorant.