Stealth bugs (introduced in Lost Shores)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

It seems that I and several other people (everbody?) has been noticing some bugs with stealth since the Lost Shores patch. Namely:

• Mobs continue to target, accurately track and shoot characters as if they weren’t cloaked up to 2 seconds after cloaking (which is the same as totally ignoring most stealth skills).
  • Some stealth skills fail completely (ex., using Blinding Powder while auto-attacking with a pistol often results in no stealth and no Sneak Attack).

It doesn’t happen only with thieves; mesmer invisibility (Veil, Mass Invisibility, Decoy) also seems to suffer from the first issue.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

Account.9832

Just to add to this, the following sequence seems to fail pretty much 100% of the times now, as thief:

• Auto-attack while waiting for Initiative to be full
  • Cloak and Dagger (consumes 6i, correctly hits and stealths the player)
  • Backstab (correctly hits)
  • Cloak and Dagger (consumes 6i, appears to hit but fails to stealth)
  • Backstab (obviously fails because the previous stealth failed)

In fact, stealth now seems to fail whenever cast less than 3 seconds after the end of the previous stealth. I doubt this is deliberate, and there’s no way I have constant 3000 ms lag spikes (always exactly when casting stealth), so it seems that something in the previous patch messed up stealth in general. Could also be related to ability queueing (perhaps the server thinks the previous attack is interrupting the stealth cast after it?).

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

Posted by: Livocu.7214

Livocu.7214

• Mobs continue to target, accurately track and shoot characters as if they weren’t cloaked up to 2 seconds after cloaking (which is the same as totally ignoring most stealth skills).

I.E. Karkas have a mashine gun like rappid fire, that continues to target you while in stealth if casted before you go into stealth. Rangers’ 2nd longbow skill is another example.

• Some stealth skills fail completely (ex., using Blinding Powder while auto-attacking with a pistol often results in no stealth and no Sneak Attack).

If you go in stealth mode with ranged weapons make sure that there is no projectile flying to the enemy. It will hit the mob and the game thinks it’s the next action you do to break stealth.

So:
Skill 1 → Projectile hits → stealth → fine
Skill 1 → Projectile is still in midair → stealth → projectile hits → reveal

Your last point is what you said, its a 2 or 3sec debuff (don’t know the exact duration)
that applies when you reveal yourself. You cant go to stealth after, just lookt at your
Buff/Debuff bar and read for yourself.

You’re welcome.

Posted by: Sky.2154

Sky.2154

I can definitely confirm on that first bullet point for Mesmer… though I was noticing it happening before the Lost Shores, just less pronounced.

Account.9832

its a 2 or 3sec debuff (don’t know the exact duration)
that applies when you reveal yourself. You cant go to stealth after, just lookt at your
Buff/Debuff bar

So now we’re supposed to stare at our action bar instead of looking at the actual game?

Surely, if they don’t want people to be able to cast stealth skills shortly after decloaking (which kind of defeats the point of having a “stealth attack” on skill #1 in the first place, but nevermind), they could simply add a cooldown to the actual ability (i.e., to Cloak and Dagger – make it impossible to cast during that period).

It doesn’t make any sense to still let players cast Cloak and Dagger but not have it trigger its main effect (which is to stealth the player and trigger the stealth attack on the next use of the #1 skill).

I can definitely confirm on that first bullet point for Mesmer… though I was noticing it happening before the Lost Shores, just less pronounced.

When you still get tracked / shot for half a second or so (which already happened before the patch, sometimes), I guess that is attributable to lag. Even if your latency is under 100 ms, some actions require multiple packets travelling back and forth between client and server, so it’s conceivable that something will appear to be delayed by 2 or 3 times your ping.

But now (after the patch) I am frequently tracked and hit by mobs for practically the entire duration of the stealth (easily for 2 seconds or more, when some stealth skills last 3).

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Another bug is that shadow refuge fails to stealth the caster quite often in WvW. I’m not sure if its due to members of the opposing team and/or their pets counting towards the limit but its seriously annoying…

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s happening in all the zones, suddenly I’m still seen on my thief and my engineer whenever I’m using any invis stealth abilities.

Engi when using the “cloaked when immobilized” trait is always seen in Orr now I can’t go there and run around as freely as before.

The attacks started after i go stealth on my thief even when my stealth blinds the enemy now ALWAYS track and hit me.

ALL stealth abilities on my thief teleport the enemy back to their leash position (yeah they don’t walk they don’t even run they are just poof back now)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!