Steam Overlay Issue

Steam Overlay Issue

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

I’m having some issues with the steam overlay and a non-steam game.

I honestly don’t know if its an issue with the overlay or an issue with the game, but recently, as of sometime last night, I was playing Guild Wars 2 through Steam and when I went to the overlay and came back, I could no longer turn the camera in the game. I didn’t notice it was because of the overlay then, but I’ve tested it just a few minutes ago and it happens as soon as I go into and out of the overlay for the first time during the game session.

Everything else except turning works. Right clicking on items to bring up the item options menu works, dragging and lefting clicking things work, all key bindings for the game work.. Everything except turning the camera with the mouse. It also requires a restart of the game to fix. I’m also wondering if anyone else is experiencing it or if its just me.

Does this sound like a bug with the overlay or with GW2? I’ve posted this on a steam group discussion as well.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Steam Overlay Issue

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

I use the Steam overlay with GW2 all the time and have never experienced this issue. Do you have any non-standard bindings involving your mouse, or proprietary mouse software? Might be a conflict somewhere, though if you haven’t changed your setup I don’t know why it’d start happening all of a sudden …

Steam Overlay Issue

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yes I’m also used to play GW2 through Steam and use that overlay a few times, I haven’t had any issues so far. How are you trying to turn the camera? Holding right button and dragging? Or holding left button? You said you can drag items as well right click them, so I assume you can move your mouse through the screen. Possibly it’s like said above, you may have some binding somewhere that’s conflicting with game or Steam. Does it happen with other games too? That’s all what I can think of.