Still in combat, but not in combat

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: mjt.7063

mjt.7063

Today I have been experiencing occasional times when I am stuck in combat without actually being in combat.

With the latest, for which I have some screen shots, I have now been in combat for over 20 minutes without an enemy in sight. It was about 4:05 AM when this happened. The first screen shot (attached) was at 4:12 AM.

I have noticed this whilst doing the Iron Marches Map

The screen shots are when doing the “Help Kennelmaster Warsnout track the separatists” personal event (heart). This is on my lvl 80 Asuran Mesmer and I was on my own.

Another guild member has also been talking about having issues (died because he logged out in WvW).

There are 4 screen shots attached the first at 4:12, the 2nd (the fifth taken) still at 4:12, the 3rd (ninth taken) taken at 4:16. The last (twelfth taken) was at 4:26 and after moving around a little. It’s now 4:50 server time and I am still in combat.

Attachments:

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

this is not a bug (at least i dont think it is). happens to me all the time also, the way i fix it is by runnin around a bit. why are you camping the same spot for an hour anyway? This tends to happen alot in open-world PvE, where u are continuously drawing aggro from mobs. and if you have a habit of running rather than killing them all, you’ll probably get stuck in combat. So like I said u either have 3 options:
1. move around
2. suicide and take a WP
3. log out to char select → log back in

This is not limited to open-world only, though. a prime example of this in dungeons is in CoF P2, the lava part where you draw aggro from a lotta mobs and if someone else in your group also runs it at same time you can glitch it so youll remain stuck in combat even when your not. to fix it you do any of the 3 things i listed above.

Arun Kar

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Being stuck in combat is indeed a bug.

There is no reason for someone to be stuck ‘in combat’ for twenty minutes without a single enemy around.

This happens to me all the time. I will either have to WP, log out and back in, or just engage and kill another enemy to get out of the ‘stuck’ state.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Every time I think I’m “stuck in combat without a single enemy around,” it turns out there is an enemy, I just don’t see it right away. This happens a lot on my mesmer — illusions survive (especially dodge-roll-generated clones) after I leave the immediate area of the mob → the foe leashes → I move on and no longer see the mob → the illusion dies and the foe is still upset and wants to fight, but now has no way to find me.

This isn’t a good thing, but it’s not entirely random.

That said, I’d prefer a system in which this didn’t happen. But unless this is trivial to fix (and I don’t think it is), I prefer that ANet devotes resources to fixing other issues. I can work around this.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

I like the fact that the NPC can easily break combat when leashed however our leash for combat is so much longer than theirs. We should have a combat break initiative capability.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Another way to become stuck in combat mode when not actually in combat is with any event that has “despawning mobs”. Many mobs who despawn if the event is completed will despawn while still attacking you. You will be stuck in combat until you exit the area, or relog.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!