Story - Temple of the Forgotten God

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ibelox.9627

ibelox.9627

In the first room with the Abaddon Shrine, nothing happens when I click it. I’ve been told something appears that you have to fight, but nothing comes out. I’ve tried this twice now on two different occasions/several days apart. Please help!

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Did you select the “Activate the switch” option in the conversation? Closing the conversation window or walking away without selecting that error won’t progress the story. Hope this helps!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: lemunz.6397

lemunz.6397

Same. I get no “Activate the switch” option in the conversation when I click on the shrine. My only option is “Leave.”

Posted by: lemunz.6397

lemunz.6397

Okay, so I logged out to character select and then reentered the personal quest, and now it seems to be working. The only thing I did differently this time is that the first time the NPC with me died and I rezzed her, and she has yet to die this time, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

Posted by: Cheekything.6941

Cheekything.6941

I suggest you check youtube for some guides that story part is a bit odd and not very clear.

Posted by: Midi.1504

Midi.1504

Same here… just happened today. No “Activate the switch” option in the conversation when I click on the shrine. Had to restart the quest to make it work

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

This bug has appeared for me again. Even logging out to character screen and back in did nothing. Abaddon switch doesn’t give me the ability to spawn the mob that I have to kill for the orb to take to temple location.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

I restarted the entire game and was able to proceed.

The only thing I did differently this time (which might help nail down the bug) is that this time after entering the instance, I didn’t spam the action key.

When I spammed the action key the first few times entering the instance, I got what looked to be a broken merchant window with my karma and gold totals at the bottom. Then when I got into the first shrine, I got no Activate the Switch option.

This time, no spam, let the initial cutscene load up and then the Abaddon Switch gave me “Activate the Switch”.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Posted by: mohrale.6410

mohrale.6410

It’s sad to say, but here we are, two years later after this report and here I am, with this bug. I’ve literally tried grabbing every item around, maybe I killed the mobs too quick? I’ve logged twice now and still nothing. The same thing, no option to activate the shrine, it’s sad this hasn’t been fixed.

Edit: Third time is clearly not the charm. I’ve completely restarted the client and the quest, same thing. I load in, speak with Sayeh, the shooter on the ground spawns, I murder it as two risen and a crab thing come in from the door. I murder them. pass through the gate, murder the next shooter, the shark, another crab thing and a random turtle. Still no activation option. I’ve tried fighting with the pickup items, and doesn’t seem to change anything. If they’re suppose to drop some ‘proof’ I’m not getting it, or simply not seeing it.

I’ve watched tons of walkthrough videos at this point, all seem to have no problem with it, they kill everything and activate the shrine with no problem, one video even passed most of the mobs and went straight to activate the shrine!

I should also mention most videos I’ve seen the people have gotten loot, even trash, I must note that after three tries none of the mobs have dropped loot, of any kind. Not sure what the last post meant by spamming the action button, but I made sure only to press the keys necessary to continue the cutscene and kill the mobs just to be sure.

Edit: Fourth time was clearly the charm. The odd thing this time though is that the Risen Shark disappeared. I’m not sure where he went, but I’m confident me nor Sayeh killed him. Either way, I dispatched of shooter, the crab and the turtle and had no problem activating the shrine this time… To future people who find this, I guess the bug is random, just keep trying.

(edited by mohrale.6410)

Posted by: jean havoc.5327

jean havoc.5327

i had this same problem, i swam around and discovers a risen stuck in the wall, after i killed him i could proceed.

Posted by: Kusihiutale.3089

Kusihiutale.3089

5 years later and the bug is still present.
Killed everything I could find, tried spamming tab. But I couldn’t get the activate the switch option.
Relog and started the quest again and after relog worked like it should.