[StoryS2]Can't interact with the mysterious Wall [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Findee.4281

Findee.4281

Just adding myself to this list. I’ve been trying to finish my achievements for over a week. I reported the problem to Anet in detail and they said there is no way around it and we need to be patient and wait. I must admit though it is hard to be patient when it seems that the problem is being ignored. At this point just an update would be very much appreciated. Even the “Known Issue Tracker” hasn’t been updated in four days so it’s hard to tell where they are with everything.

Posted by: Pavel Kostin.8075

Pavel Kostin.8075

Yeear, looks crazy. Even more season 2 is not a free content. I bought crystals to unlock story and it will be a question for me in future to spend money for content which can be simply unavaliable.

Posted by: Strublay.5281

Strublay.5281

As I start this quest (solo mind you), when I attempt to interact with the wall, nothing occurs. My character centers on the interaction point, but nothing happens.

From video play-thoughs I am aware there is supposed to be a progress bar, and setting walls on fire. Yet I get nothing. I’ll hit f for interact, double click, stow my pet and try, dance around in front of the bloody wall, nothing.

Help?

Posted by: labellaluke.3842

labellaluke.3842

Having the same problem here and with the guard. Did report it as well. I skipped over to work on this chapter since I was stuck with the guard and didn’t realize that this bug was part of the next chapter until I was at the wall and it wouldn’t work. Disappointing and surprising that it is taking so long to fix these two problems considering how many people are experiencing it.

Posted by: Nemisis.4690

Nemisis.4690

What’s the status on this?

Posted by: raven.8479

raven.8479

been a while…

think cave is broke

anyway made it to the mystery cave got the torch went to the mysterious wall pressed f (interact) and …nothing tried a few time same result ..am i doing something wrong? even watched youtube to see how its done i did the same still nothing

(edited by raven.8479)

Posted by: mightymom.9035

mightymom.9035

I am currently having same issue after just trying this to enter the cave today. Nothing happens. I’m glad I found these comments so I can stop beating my head against the cave wall trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. Please fix this soon ANET. I would like to finish LS2.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

been a while…

think cave is broke

anyway made it to the mystery cave got the torch went to the mysterious wall pressed f (interact) and …nothing tried a few time same result ..am i doing something wrong? even watched youtube to see how its done i did the same still nothing

It’s been bugged for a bit. It’s on their list of things to fix. I haven’t seen an ETA yet tho.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TudorJianu.1854

TudorJianu.1854

Same problem here. Big fail.
+1

Posted by: raven.8479

raven.8479

:( so it could be a while not happy

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It could be, but I think it will be in one of the next bigger updates — they have been consistently working on blocking issues for HoT & Personal story (and for legendary crafting/collections). That’s speculation on my part (and some wishful thinking). Regardless, keep an eye out for the patch notes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

It could be, but I think it will be in one of the next bigger updates – […]

Since it’s neither HoT nor precursor collection related I expect this issue to be even below bottom tier priority and thus I strongly don’t think there will be a fix anytime soon, unfortunatly.
Known issue tracker gives no sign of hope aswell since its last update was on march 15th …

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Fingret.1624

Fingret.1624

It’s the exact same issue as during the Meeting the Asura quest. The game reacts to your imput, but nothing happens. It shouldn’t be much programming work to make sure the interaction leads to a valid function. I am incredibly displeased that this is allowed in such a known, big game as Guild Wars 2. Especially since I’ve paid for the Living Story season 2.

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Just come across this, trying to finish luminescent collections (after putting it off forever). LS can’t be completed at the moment.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Same thing as the other thread…

Thank you ArenaNet for another patch of more Gem Store content!

Who needs a working game when we have more gem store items?!

Sigh.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Tom.9516

Tom.9516

+1
Can’t progress any further, please fix this annoying bug..

Posted by: Roxianna.2563

Roxianna.2563

Another patch downloaded with no fix to this problem. I just tried the cave tool tip again. Nothing.

Posted by: Dirtyfatnoise.4657

Dirtyfatnoise.4657

Ive been trying to do the storyline to start the expansion, but there are a lot of bug on last few missons that i played´.
One of them is knocking a guard down on Meeting Asura, and the other one is the torch that doesnt open a door to the cave.

I just spended 26 euros for nothing

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

I started doing the luminiscent collections last week and just now realized that it’s literally impossible since these quests are bugged and apparently have been bugged for awhile with no fix. This is extremely surprising to me that ArenaNet would not fix this especially since Living Story 2 is something SOLD SEPARATELY in the Gem Store.

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

Posted by: Flasheart.2098

Flasheart.2098

Same problem here:
I can’t use divine fire on the mysterious wall

Posted by: Strawberrymyry.9307

Strawberrymyry.9307

+1

please fix!

Posted by: Luana.7892

Luana.7892

I’m having the same issue, both with the wall and with the story 7 ‘Meeting the Asura’ which i think there’s already a topic about.

Has anyone tried running the story through from the beginning so that your current progress is at that point? I didn’t have this problem when I did the story the first time without the potential for achievements.

Posted by: LichGuardian.6307

LichGuardian.6307

So I was running through the living world season 2 on a alt and for some reason whenever I do the story mission The mystery cave, the very first step of using the divine flame to open the cave, it just won’t work I’ve tried rebinding the key doing the previous episode clicking the prompt and, the like but nothing works.

Note: Contacted Support just posting this here as part of the process.

Attachments:

Posted by: Singarti.5862

Singarti.5862

A hotfix has just been released that is supposed to fix this. Have you been doing this mission after applying it, or before?

Posted by: Zephyr.5382

Zephyr.5382

It appears to be fixed!!! Thanks, Anet.

Posted by: Findee.4281

Findee.4281

I also can confirm that the divine fire will now interact with the mysterious wall. It took some time but it is fixed.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

I also can confirm that the divine fire will now interact with the mysterious wall. It took some time but it is fixed.

Fun fact: no word about it in the patch notes, nor on the “known issues tracker”, unless it’s hidden in “Fixed a bug that blocked progression on some story steps.”, though to me that points out to the regular personal story, not the living story.
So I guess they fixed it “accidently”. Wouldn’t coun’t on it remaining stable beyond the next patch, so better get your story steps and achievments while you can Good luck everyone!

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

“Fixed a bug that blocked progression on some story steps” sounds right as this blocks a lot of LS2 content and some HoT story content.

Posted by: Winterstar.5462

Winterstar.5462

I just did the mission and it worked and I colud open the door

Posted by: Roxianna.2563

Roxianna.2563

Yay fixed! Thank you, thank you, thank you.