Storyline quest 'A Grisly Shipment' bugged.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Corniator.1504

Corniator.1504

I’ll try to describe it in detail:

So i’m lvling my thief who is currently lvl 77 and i am doing the described storyline quest. The quest tells me to get in a submarine and then transports me together with my ‘squad’. The first objective is ‘brief your squad on the mission’ however this part does not seem to work for me. There is a green star over the head of baroosh the quaggan but when i try to talk to him nothing happens. When i try to talk to him or any other npc in the area my karma points and gold flashes briefly and that’s it. I have tried the following things:

-restarted the mission
-relloged
-restarted the game
-left the area
-cleared the entire instance of enemies
-walked inside the ship everywhere

None of these worked. All the previous fixes i see for this quest were about Maeva getting stuck on the ship so i think this might be a new issue created by the patch.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

No changes were made to that step on the content side, so I’ll bug engineering to see if they can find the issue.

Posted by: DunkinFresh.9678

DunkinFresh.9678

I can confirm this problem, I’m having it too.

When I talk to him, I get this weird popup in the middle of my screen with karma/gold/ “Available”.

Attachments:

(edited by DunkinFresh.9678)

Posted by: FeedleDeedle.2163

FeedleDeedle.2163

Can confirm, I’m having this problem as well.

Posted by: Nerroxx.4976

Nerroxx.4976

Me too. At least I’m not the only one.

Posted by: Frozik.6298

Frozik.6298

I am having same problem here. This is seriously ridiculous. I bought GW 2 when it was
new.. I stoppped playing it a 1 year ago. Now.. i am back to finish storyline to have some fun and BANG. .. another bug! How am i supposed to enjoy this game when u cant fix storyline in a year ?…I want to like this game.. i really want, please do something about it.

(edited by Frozik.6298)

Posted by: noname.4231

noname.4231

I have the same problem

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Typical, I have held of from doing my personal story for over a year and now I goto do it I find its bugged, same as other posters above, tells me to talk to my crew while swimming about, cant progress any further…

Posted by: jaklinmar.5871

jaklinmar.5871

I am having the same problem. Is this some how related to the recent update? I noticed that the earliest post is only 8 hours old.

Never surrender! Never back down!

Posted by: Carter.1034

Carter.1034

I’m having the exact same problem. Why did I choose this mission again? refrains from screaming

Posted by: Calaen.8345

Calaen.8345

Yeah, I’m having this issue. I’m guessing it had something to do with a recent patch.

Posted by: TnGyn.4059

TnGyn.4059

I cant believe I am still dealing with this crap this long after release.

Posted by: Nanunu.1403

Nanunu.1403

Anyone found work around for this issue?

Do it tomorrow.

Posted by: Tze.6397

Tze.6397

I can also confirm this bug.

Posted by: Xeno.3289

Xeno.3289

Confirmed with me as well. And despite several attempts, I’ve not been able to figure out a workaround.

Posted by: Spawn.8621

Spawn.8621

I have the same problem.

Posted by: Shadowfjord.3059

Shadowfjord.3059

i’m having the same problem!

Posted by: Dunforth.9830

Dunforth.9830

Tried the same steps and the same thing has happened to me I can not brief my squad.

Posted by: Frans.7930

Frans.7930

Looks like this is a new bug. It’s unfortunate that it hits right before people comeback to do this mission.

Posted by: Ferrein.4327

Ferrein.4327

i got the same problem. decided to run my story line today and “bam”, got stuck:/

Posted by: Gode Fridus.5607

Gode Fridus.5607

Add two more people to this, both a guildy of mine and I experienced this yesterday. Made no difference if he started it or I, nor if we went seperate.

Had the same abnormality as in the screenshot provided by DunkinFresh (pressing F or double clicking both resulted in this abnormality). Quest perhaps not updating because of impossibility to correctly interact with NPC?

Posted by: kisagari.7413

kisagari.7413

In the storyline mission, “A Grisly Shipment”, right at the start the objective is “Brief your squad on the mission”. In my story the quest star appears above Baroosh the Quaggans head but when I attempt to talk to him no conversation box comes up but for some reason my Karma Value, Current Gold Value and the word “Available” blink up on the screen then disappear immediately.

Apparently not being able to talk to the quaggan means that I can’t advance the mission/complete the first objective to advance the mission, ergo I am stuck.

PLEASE HELP

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Update: engineering is looking into this, I don’t have an ETA for a fix though, sorry!

Calaen.8345

Given the lack of an ETA is there anything else that could be done? Perhaps switching those that would accept it to the alternative story mission, if thats possible?

Posted by: katirhi.5479

katirhi.5479

Same problem here for both a friend and I. Cannot brief the squad on the mission so we cannot proceed past the opening cinematic.

Posted by: VodkaNeko.8536

VodkaNeko.8536

Same problem here. This makes it completely impossible to continue the mission. It is completely broken. In the meanwhile, can support switch me to the alternative mission, Ossuary of Unquiet Dead? I really would like to continue my storyline, but seriously, none of us can until either our missions get swapped or this bugged gets fixed…

Posted by: MonsterPie.5046

MonsterPie.5046

Same problem. Been going around in circles trying to figure out how to trigger the mission… oh well, hope this gets resolved as soon as possible or switch to the other mission instead if this one is unplayable.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Yes, same problem as everyone else. After the initial cut scene with Trahearne there’s a story star over Baroosh’s head, but when I try to interact with him (right mouse click or F key) all I get is a flash of information about my cash, etc.. See attached screen cap; the flash is fading but still just about visible near the top of the screen.

I should add that I’ve successfully completed this story on other characters, albeit with different allies, twice within the Wintersday story period.

(As others have indicated – it’s REALLY frustrating that there’s no option, when a story event is bugged, to swap to another story path when an alternative one existed. I got slightly out of step because of the new Living Story events, but I’ve been trying very hard to keep my story in step with my character progression; now I either have to resign myself to letting my character level ahead of the story, or put my character on hold and go do something else.)

Attachments:

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: mondello.2940

mondello.2940

i almost chose this storyline the other day haha lucky!!!!

Posted by: Cool Hand.1483

Cool Hand.1483

Yep, same problem here. Thought it would be fixed after the several patches after the big patch, but it still doesnt work.

Posted by: Dudubs.4509

Dudubs.4509

Same here >:(

Posted by: Teleriel.3701

Teleriel.3701

It does look like an engineering bug rather than anything else, it doesn’t happen outside the instance or in any other story missions I’ve done today (Which is everything from level ~60 upwards). This is very frustrating. Any updates?

Posted by: Kristopher.2195

Kristopher.2195

I’m having the same issues with the first step when you enter the instance.

<Sink the ark that provides corpses to Zhaitan’s ossuary.

• Brief your squad on the mission.>

<Baroosh> has the quest star over his head but neither him nor any NPC wants to talk. I tried carrying on but after clearing the Ark he still wouldn’t talk to me. I tried talking to him when he was still in the mouth of the fish-sub and right outside of it, in the mid draft of the Ark’s keel (and pretty much everywhere else on the Ark).

I also tried getting out and in a new instance, watching the cut scene and skip it all to no avail. I did sent a bug report but they seemed destined to the Devs rather then GM.

I was using watch?v=neLTEeGisdU as guide line to compare (step completes at 1:16 right as the cut scene ends.) what’s suppose to happen to what I got.

Posted by: Goteria Sizono.2317

Goteria Sizono.2317

Apparently this wasn’t a bug before this most recent patch, so complaining about this being broken for years isn’t accurate, or fair. Something got messed up on their end just recently, and I don’t think that ANET is the kind of developer to just LEAVE an essentially game breaking bug like this unattended for very long.

That aside… I’m stuck too. I wanna finish da gaaaaaaaame…. sniff sniff

Posted by: Magic Seaker.7956

Magic Seaker.7956

Problems consists. My noob to the game guildie is also stuck on this. We tried and reported the problem, hoping for fix soon because we can’t finish the story with this bug. Please fix anet, thanks.

Posted by: Shattered.7319

Shattered.7319

Is there any way to go back and choose the other quest option? Or are we stuck until they are able to fix it? I was really looking forward to finishing my story this weekend, but this bug wont let me go on.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Update 2: We have a fix in testing right now, once it’s confirmed we’ll get it to Live ASAP. Note that trying to implement a workaround (like switching your story step) would still require us to go through testing, bring down the servers, etc. and just isn’t viable. Thanks for your patience!

Calaen.8345

Thankyou for letting us know. It does make me feel quite a bit better to hear the progress.

Posted by: itzAcosta.7201

itzAcosta.7201

Same thing happened to me I just want to complete this quest already

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Update 2: We have a fix in testing right now, once it’s confirmed we’ll get it to Live ASAP. Note that trying to implement a workaround (like switching your story step) would still require us to go through testing, bring down the servers, etc. and just isn’t viable. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for the update, Jeffrey (and thanks to everyone for giving this one some love – I’ve been a software developer myself, and I know the competing pressures!)

Edit: I can confirm that this was fixed in the 25th January patch. No sign of Baroosh during the story, so either he shouldn’t have been there in the first place, or taking him out was the simplest fix. Either way – I was able to progress and finish the story. Thanks, guys.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: PioPio.9586

PioPio.9586

I have same problem W8ting for your advice

Posted by: ValkyriaMaria.1560

ValkyriaMaria.1560

Same here. My friend had to go through aloot of work on trying to solve this,but it so seems it is a bug. Ill be waiting for next report about this.

Posted by: ibo.1506

ibo.1506

same problem ((

Posted by: Manumit.3760

Manumit.3760

This is happening to me too, exactly as described. Glad to hear I’m not alone, and that the coding golems are on to it.

Any idea how long we will have to wait? I mean are we talking next patch in a fortnight?

Posted by: Markus Korvalis.5214

Markus Korvalis.5214

Same problem with Grisly shipment. Can’t engage Baroosh in dialog. Upon trying, the inventory balance briefly flashes.

Posted by: Nadaclos.6214

Nadaclos.6214

Same problem, any way to change the quest??? At least for the people who are stuck in this bug.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

I have the exact same problem as described by OP.

Posted by: tigger.9428

tigger.9428

im on this band wagon as well, thanks for the updates, looking forward to when its fixed!

Posted by: Nikhos.5982

Nikhos.5982

When I start this story, I get a cinematic and a conversation, and when they are finished, the mission states that I have to ‘’Brief my squad on the mission’’ and a green star appears above the quaggan Baroosh. When I try to talk to him, the only thing I see is how much gold and karma I have available for just a second, so I can’t pregress the story.
I looked the mission up on youtube and saw that the conversation after the cinematic counts as the Briefing and directly after that you get sent to go to the boat.
I hope someone can help me, I also added a screenshot of what happens when I talk to the quaggan

Attachments:

Posted by: Bulblax.3809

Bulblax.3809

Been encountering this bug for the past few days! Want to finish my story ;_;

Any ETA/update #3 on fix?