Striking Off the Chains Lvl 64 Quest Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Osric Rhys Dafyyd.1354

Osric Rhys Dafyyd.1354

I’m having similar issues with Hywel vanishing at some point before the Krait Priestess is dead.

As for the poison clouds and exploding Krait, after doing it a bunch of times I realized the Priestess’ spells can all be interrupted. So, as a Warrior with shield/mace, I was able to fight her alone. No adds, no poison cloud. As soon as you see her elongate, and you hear a tinkling sort of noise, use whatever interrupt you have. If you time them right, and have enough interrupts, you won’t have to deal with anything but the Priestess herself.

All that leaves now is making sure the NPC is in the cage so I can complete it. I had to suicide off the top and exit the instance all together, once Hywel bugs and vanishes he would not come back for me. I’m going back for my umteenth try. :|

Posted by: Khyrian.6509

Khyrian.6509

Please fix this asap. Please, tell us if its the first in your priority list.

Tks

Posted by: Lord Oubliette.8014

Lord Oubliette.8014

I intend to PM Jeffrey Vaughn (in 22 hours !!) and request an immediate fix, as ignoring this thread, as he seems to be, isn’t acceptable. The work-a-rounds suggested are all well and good, but shouldn’t be the solution to the bug.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

PMing me won’t help, I get a large volume of PMs and I’m simply not able to respond to each one. I posted last week that I’ve made a couple of adjustments to this story step, but I don’t have an ETA for when they’ll go Live. (They need to be tested and vetted by QA first, then they’ll go into the next content update.)

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

We understand that this issue is frustrating and blocks progress for you, and as Jeff has stated, we are working on the issue. However, posting to demand fixes will not accelerate this process, and calling out devs for responses both detracts from the amount of time they spend working on the game and is against the Forum CoC.

As this thread has otherwise devolved into demands and rude comments, it will now be closed. Please keep future threads and posts constructive and on-topic. Thank you.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed