Stuck in combat mode after combat has ceased

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Fancypants.1835

Fancypants.1835

This bug has been persisted since beta and really shouldn’t have!

I often find myself stuck in combat even after combat has finished, or I have escaped from a certain mob where they no longer have aggro on me.

At this point, it should be clear that without any aggro on me and if I’m not taking damage, I should be out of combat mode to regen etc. but this isn’t the case.

I’m most often frustrated by this in jumping puzzles, such as the aetherblade puzzle. I’ve found myself killing an entire mob and trying to move on through these puzzles and still being stuck in combat mode.

There NEEDS to be a timeout for combat mode if no “progress” is being made i.e. no damage, no aggro.

I can’t see why this has not yet been fixed as it’s such a frustrating bug.

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Exactly the same problem for me.
It happens quite often, there are no more foes, i don’t have any conditions, and i have to run far, far, far away to get out of combat.

Posted by: Zangster.3174

Zangster.3174

I can verify that this bug not only exists, but seems to get worse as time goes by. I run into this problem on all of my toons, but most especially the ranger. Between my pet attacking when I hit M to try and waypoint, and the “permacombat” I get stuck into, at times I have to run literally 1/2 way across the entire zone.

This is the main reason I got the Royal Pass. I can hit I for my inventory, and double click on the pass, and it often takes me to Divinity when I otherwise could not travel. The fact that this pass works when the game wont allow me to waypoint shows something is wrong with the game determining whether I am in combat or not. If the Pass says I’m not in combat(allowing me to travel), the Map should not show a red border, and say I cannot waypoint in combat.

Sure wish this would get fixed, but I’m not holding my breath.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yes, I also have experienced it several times. At times I only get out of combat if I kill some mob or let my char die, otherwise I would be stuck in combat and unable to travel even after meters away from mobs and running around. Swapping weapons wouldn’t work too. I have even died once due this issue as I tried to escape from a place because a champ was coming and I was alone, but it didn’t allow me to teleport and I had to run :S

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Stuck in combat with no mobs around…..
Has happened to me alot since the last big patch. It is very frustrating.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I have had this many times, seems worse on my ranger, possibly the pet also holding on to combat doubling the chance. And yes, the aetherblade puzzle (not so secret) is a good place to observe this.

Posted by: mholt.6589

mholt.6589

I get stuck in combat mode with my Guardian too. Usually after killing all of the enemies that I engage in an area, I will remain in combat mode. When this happens I can’t use waypoints.

This is very frustrating when it happens during a champion train. I do the champion train in Queensdale a lot and this bug of staying in combat mode happens to me a lot after killing the Champion Oak. Then I end up having to run far away avoiding aggro of other enemies to get out of combat mode so that I can waypoint. By that point I usually miss the next champion fight.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

This has been an absolute nightmare during the new LA event. There are so many mobs everywhere, which just makes it worse. 5-10 minutes to break combat (unless it decides to make itself permanent and require me jumping to my death to fix it), all the while trying to dodge mobs who will slap me and just make it worse, all so I can switch out a skill or use a waypoint.

And yes, it’s bad on my ranger, and also my main, which is an engineer and unfortunately requires some situational skill swaps or weapon swaps.

I haven’t noticed it being as bad on my casters or heavy classes, or my thief, but it’s certainly still prominent and annoying. It’s definitely grating on the ele since, like the engie, he does not have a natural weapon swap.

Posted by: Arvydas.2375

Arvydas.2375

This bug is still not fixed! After 2 years?