Stuck in inanimate objects

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Freebah.7390

Freebah.7390

So today im running a quest in Kessex Hills

Bottom of map down where the fish / reptile mobs are , my mate gets downed , so as my guardian i use my teleport skill to get to the mob quicktime , next thing i know im now stuck inside of the graphic to a load of barrels, and i’m no longer able to move

Only way around this is to transport to a waypoint – i tried everything , apart from , using my blue teleport skill to get to the mobs , but i think i’d of just boucned off the inside graphic wall of the barrels.

Anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?

And would it be a big undertaking to stick invisible walls around such objects so i dont get stuck again in future? or do i just use the transport to waypoint option each time it happens?

If this is too much , mabye add an option in the ESC screen , where if your stuck you can press the button and it moves you to closest waypoint free of cost , but only able to do this once every 15-20 minutes to stop abuse of it and to move freely without it costing anything?

Thoughts people

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I get stuck in all kinds of places. I have asked multiple times for a /stuck command, but I guess the developers would rather us be stuck and have to pay out silver rather than have someone gasp exploit a /stuck command for some nefarious purpose.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

The /stuck command in City of Heroes moved you to the side a couple feet away from the collision.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

/stuck wouldn’t really help in a lot of situations.

Earlier today, I used Mesmer Staff2 right outside of Arah, and I got stuck inside a building. Using it again got me even further into the building, but it was an empty building with just the walls so I could not leave but could roam inside of it. An event occurred around me and I was forced to watch while my allies were slaughtered. Towards the end, a boss appeared and went to a spot which allowed me to get an angled Staff2 to get myself out. /stuck most likely would not have done anything except possibly put me at the contested waypoint to fix the problem. Not a very good fix, to be honest. In Orr, if the map is zerging, you will have to go ALL the way across the map to find a non-contested waypoint. If I /stuck’ed, I would not want to go all the way across the map, but it would be broken to go to contested waypoints.

Posted by: Saya.1260

Saya.1260

That has happened to me more times than I care to think about. I spent hours stuck in a chest guarded by a champion troll because I was considered in combat and couldn’t waypoint. I’ve been told they consider using waypoints as a satisfactory solution instead of using /stuck. I don’t. /stuck generally allows you to move a short distance while using a waypoint may put you all the way on the other side of a zone if it’s contested (or you don’t have it unlocked). It also uses up plenty of silver, at least for me. I used to submit bug reports in game when it would happen, but it got to be so often, I stopped bothering.

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

This has happened to me 3 times so far. Once I stayed in combat due to my pet and couln’t get out for hours.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet