Stuck in the map or seeing map art issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Traediras.8152

Traediras.8152

Got a couple of spots, first one is in the Destroyer Caverns within the Dominion Killing Zone in Kessex Hills, lighting is all messed up inside it. Second one is in Gendarran Fields at the Almuten Mansion, where the lighting is also messed up.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

Graphical anomalies at Vigil Keep

Attachments:

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: Ampa.2749

Ampa.2749

Lighting problem.. new location.. see image below

Attachments:

Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief, Necro

Posted by: Ampa.2749

Ampa.2749

Seriously, this is embarrassing.

Attachments:

Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief, Necro

Posted by: LaughingMan.8256

LaughingMan.8256

Two minor things at the beginning of the personal story quest “Retribution”. Unfortunately I did not have the presence of mind to make screenshots.

The first one is on the way to the order gathering at the claw island pier, in Lion’s Arch. When going to quest markers in a major city you have these green arrows on the mini map. Two of the arrows to this location are missplaced to the left. I was comming over the “Captain Theo Ashford Memorial Bridge” and while the main path turned to the right two of the arrows were suddenly on the left somewhere around Fort Marriner, parallel to the other ones.

The second one is directly after this instance when going the few meters to the pier. Again the green arrows on the mini map. This time they simply lead to the wrong pier (to the middle one instead of the most western one).

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Sparkfly Fen

In the caves at Shattercleft Hills area,you can see plain black texture walls blocking your view.This is visible only during night time.
The first shots shows how this looks when viewing it head on.
The second shot shows how it looks when viewed from the side.

Attachments:

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

Aenaos.8160

Graphical anomalies at Vigil Keep

This is the spot where it happens.When you turn the camera towards the east you get all shorts of textures disappearing.

Attachments:

-Go go Espartz.-

Aenaos.8160

One more area where brightness is way off.

It’s in Caledon Forest,at the south-east end of the map

Attachments:

-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: akcy.3652

akcy.3652

Encountering map glitches in Lion’s Arch. Link to the video is attached. Please, watch it until the end.

Posted by: Vamoque Raun.5904

Vamoque Raun.5904

I happened to be wandering around in the Silverwastes, in the cave which Drydock Grotto Waypoint is, when I saw a tunnel. I thought it was made on purpose (it really looked like it) so I glided over and ended up at a cliff with an endless ocean. I was kind of curious and frankly amused so I tried swimming as deep as I could and seeing where in the map I could go like that. I took a bunch of screenshots of my experience; the first one shows relatively where in the map it is.

The last screenshot shows what happened when I tried relogging out of curiosity. I was teleported to the out-of-map rocks above the endless ocean underneath, luckily from which I could escape and didn’t find any other botomless holes in
http://sta.sh/21f46txr4up8?edit=1

This was a BIG hole and extremely easy to get to….

Attachments:

(edited by Vamoque Raun.5904)

Posted by: Chubbles.4351

Chubbles.4351

Was with my friend TheWaffleMan.3170 exploring Ourobore Caves yesterday and he found an area outside of the map you could get to with a glider. Area just needs an invisible wall or something to keep people out, but there are several ways to leave that area after getting there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=jPhBA8afGEI

(edited by Chubbles.4351)

Aenaos.8160

Visible numbers in yellow,under the WP near LA bank

Attachments:

-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Garrison on green border is T3 but the bridge above the gate towards Hills is shown as wooden.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cryptozoa.1904

Cryptozoa.1904

The Jungle Provides, Attack path.
On the 2nd Blighting Pod, I was using Warrior GS1 or possibly GS2. Upon destroying the pod, I fell into the geometry that the pod was on.

First screen was taken while zooming back in from the map. After mashing jump to try to get unstuck, I ended up “gliding,” which helps visually.

Second screen is from letting the camera settle into 1st person because it was hitting the geometry.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mizo.2947

Mizo.2947

Floating carrots
Somewhere in the deadlands of Sylvari beggining area

Attachments:

Posted by: Riven.1432

Riven.1432

Some UV problems in Bloodstone Fen.

Attachments:

Posted by: mari.6394

mari.6394

The area north of Echoslab Arches in Iron Marches is looking a bit different

Attachments:

Posted by: altermaven.7385

altermaven.7385

Caledon Forest, north of Mabon Market WP; the “Don’t Touch The Shiny” minidungeon has incorrect lighting. Screenshot attached.

Attachments:

“To be rid of chaos, all must restore the balance.”
Part of the [PORT] mystical tour – “Marilee Mangletooth.” What main?
Something something Autechre fanatic.

altermaven.7385

Wayfarer Foothills, around and inside Shaman’s Rookery JP, the entire area has incorrect lighting.

Attachments:

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Soooo…. the norn tutorial area…. yeah about that.

Attachments:

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Forsyte.4057

Forsyte.4057

Zone: Wayfarer’s foothills
Area: Borealis Forest.
Issue: The ground just goes invisible when entering an story area. Exiting it, though, will make it reappear. Has only happened with my norn , and other characters with their stories have not had this issue so far. It has already happened on the first story quest instance for the norn, and this is the second story quest instance.

Attachments:

Posted by: Raiyah.5843

Raiyah.5843

Description: Invisible structures/walls in the air, showed in detail in the linked video
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orQVIQg9pUI

Posted by: Alien Purple.3504

Alien Purple.3504

posting for a friend
Location is Dry Top
Description: Pink checker board covering part of ground.

Attachments:

Posted by: lkp.8260

lkp.8260

My problem is that I use an item that would teleport me to a random site, after that I send myself to the straits of the devastation and there I crashed the load screen, then every time I try to enter it is a constant crash. My character is a bug there and I do not know if it is my game or if it is the character that fell somewhere that causes the permanent crash.

Zone: straits of the devastation.

Area: i dont know.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lsbn Blue Element.1538

Lsbn Blue Element.1538

Stuck in Verdant Brink, Blighted Depths, in the trees east of POI The Corpse Grove.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sergeant Major Obvious.9524

Sergeant Major Obvious.9524

In Hall of memories there is you can jump over few rocks to a pool of water, where after swimming for a few a seconds what you find is an open view of nothing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Xinopia.5134

Xinopia.5134

Lion’s Arch near Fractals Asura Gate

Attachments:

Posted by: XIAN ZHE JING JING.2158

XIAN ZHE JING JING.2158

This will only occur in male players.
27000AP
[Radiant Leggings]

Attachments:

Posted by: artisticMarauder.7849

artisticMarauder.7849

Lighting/Texture issues in Shrine of the Six
-Server: Anvil Rock
-Map/location: Divinity’s Reach — Shrine of the Six
-Character info(level, race, profession): level 20, human, thief
-How to reproduce issue: Have your graphical settings adjusted to best appearance (screenshot of details included) and look at the walls to the Shrine of the Six. The issue persists on the walls outside and inside of this structure

Attachments:

Posted by: Temennigru.4612

Temennigru.4612

I’m lazy, so i won’t be adding a screenshot, but it’s not like it would matter any way because there is no good camera angle where I’m at.

During the lvl 70 human story mission, you have to free some prisoners of the krait in nonmoa lake. After opening one of the cages on top of the tower, I found myself stuck between the cage’s door and the wall.

Also on the same mission, I got stuck while attacking the krait defense turret on the first level of the tower while attacking it from below the water in melee range. Also no decent screenshot to be taken.

(edited by Temennigru.4612)

Posted by: Divided.6205

Divided.6205

Hello, I just wanted to bring to your attention a glitch in the re-worked Battle of Kyhlo. I’m sure this isn’t happening to a ton of people, but when it does- playing in ranked the only way to get out of it is to log off- giving you a loss and the dishonor que mechanic. It only happens on the blue side of the clock tower and not the red side. I think this might be, for whatever reason, due to the larger gap between the wooden ramp and the wall.

While looking for help to capture the glitch I was informed a similar glitch happens on the Forrest of Niflhel as well. It hasn’t happened to me and we couldn’t duplicate it, but I included the location in the video just for reference? I wasn’t able to find info of these glitches in the forums so I hope this is helpful!

It wouldn’t allow me to post with the video attached so you can see exactly what happens here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezRicNf6i-M

altermaven.7385

In “Kill the Elder Dragon Zhaitan” when the ship is making a turn in “Keep watch for Orrian forcess…” to “Defeat Ogravros the Moondeath”, the ship flicks visible invisible when the camera is near the Cannons. The bug stops for the battle tho.
Note that both “Keep watch for…” events, when the ship is moving the bug happens.

Note: You can see I am not falling, the ship simple disappears and reappears.

Also, I am having a hard time to select Horrogos. The Cannon is in the way.

For the rest of the event everything went well, with a great finally!

Can confirm that this is still occuring. The specific times the geography glitches out are at these moments:

> When you defeat the Mouth of Zhaitan in the instance and take back to the skies. It stops misbehaving once the vertical height stops changing (when you start fighting Zhaitan’s Champions);
> After the fight and you board the Glory of Tyria. It stops misbehaving once the vertical height stops changing and leads up to the MEGA-LIT charging; and there’s some geography glitching at the first moment afterward leading to “Kill Zhaitan”.

This is similar to the glitch observed almost a year ago with missing geography at Vigil HQ when standing in certain areas. However this time you’re on a moving platform and the FPS tends to severely drop during these glitches. However you’re still on the platform regardless of it disappearing under your feet periodically, and it seems to be independent of where you are standing.

Posted by: LuckySpells.6278

LuckySpells.6278

SAB King Toad Battle bug,

Have fallen through the map to sub-floor beneath acid during battle with King Toad twice now, (If you get stuck in the empty room, standing directly under the toad when he belly flops finally grants you a welcomed death).

Thought it was lag or a bad client so did a repair, but everything is ‘super’ responsive. Falling into the map below the Toad doesn’t seem like lag (maybe put a chest or furniture tokens down there and you can call it an easter egg!).

Posted by: howardbenaya.7362

howardbenaya.7362

Skyhammer PvP map. this happens on the south of the mid point, when i fell down, instead of landing on the platform, i went to somekind of a basement, and got stuck there for a while. After that, i try jumping down and it turns out to be an endless sea (such as seen on attachment.). This really hurts my game, since it was a ranked game and my team had the lead about 400-350 smth. i had to reconnect for about 3 mins and we lost the game eventually.

Attachments:

Posted by: acnologia.4150

acnologia.4150

Hello, I would appreciate some assistance.
I logged out on top on the ting what don;t let you in the cave, and when i logged back in i was stuck inside in it.
http://image.prntscr.com/image/4dd7eac112424057ab42a3a78a29a11d.png
http://image.prntscr.com/image/5b6ca4ae24e642ed81b6cfab74d294eb.png

Posted by: LadyAnj.6312

LadyAnj.6312

In “Kill the Elder Dragon Zhaitan” when the ship is making a turn in “Keep watch for Orrian forcess…” to “Defeat Ogravros the Moondeath”, the ship flicks visible invisible when the camera is near the Cannons. The bug stops for the battle tho.
Note that both “Keep watch for…” events, when the ship is moving the bug happens.

Note: You can see I am not falling, the ship simple disappears and reappears.

Also, I am having a hard time to select Horrogos. The Cannon is in the way.

For the rest of the event everything went well, with a great finally!

Can confirm that this is still occuring. The specific times the geography glitches out are at these moments:

> When you defeat the Mouth of Zhaitan in the instance and take back to the skies. It stops misbehaving once the vertical height stops changing (when you start fighting Zhaitan’s Champions);
> After the fight and you board the Glory of Tyria. It stops misbehaving once the vertical height stops changing and leads up to the MEGA-LIT charging; and there’s some geography glitching at the first moment afterward leading to “Kill Zhaitan”.

This is similar to the glitch observed almost a year ago with missing geography at Vigil HQ when standing in certain areas. However this time you’re on a moving platform and the FPS tends to severely drop during these glitches. However you’re still on the platform regardless of it disappearing under your feet periodically, and it seems to be independent of where you are standing.

I had the same problem 3 weeks ago and again yesterday on two different characters. The deck flickers and is sometimes invisible altogether until the ship stops rotating and gaining altitude. Before everything smooths out again, the mobs which first attacked me on the deck were invisible as well. For around 20 to 30 seconds, all I saw were a few floating red names which could only be targeted with the tab key.

Posted by: Intenze.5204

Intenze.5204

Since tuesday the 11th of April, Whenever i go into a map in ascalon the gorund turns pink (see picture). It seems to only be in Ascalon, but not in all Ascalonian maps, so far Ive seen it in Diessa Plateau, Plains of Ashford and Blazeridge Stepps. I’m not sure how to describe it more. I don’t think its on my end as my graphic drivers are updated, and i have no other graphical issues, and it also only happens in one specific area of the game. Restarting the game does not fix it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ociocity.7560

Ociocity.7560

First one:
SAB Game Over/Continue Scene

Well, my character was outside the platform, couldn’t talk to Moto, so the bug doesn’t let you continue.

Second one:
SAB World 2 Zone 2
Got perma-knocked down by the stone to the corner, couldn’t move nor dodge, the only solution was to close the game or go back to the hub

Attachments:

Posted by: anicek.4893

anicek.4893

PVP RANKED – Battle of Kyhlo
Guardian on the stairs tried to use his F1 ability to pull me towards him.
I as a mesmer used Decoy (break stun), fell down – UNDER THE STAIRS.
I was not able to get out, even blink out of there. (logged off and on)

I could not deal any damage (obstructed), but the enemy was able to hit me…
Please, have a look at it.
Thanks in advance.
A.

Attachments:

Posted by: sopelq.6053

sopelq.6053

Texture dissapears at mistraven waypoint, the attached gif explains everything.

Attachments:

Posted by: Abandonloss.3509

Abandonloss.3509

I was in a unranked pvp match on Forest of Niflhel. I was capping the keep point and someone came and I got knocked back and I got stuck Inside here. Don’t really know how it happened but I was stuck the whole match I tried getting out but I was just stuck.

Attachments:

Posted by: jezebel.7054

jezebel.7054

Hello, I am stuck in the story instance Frozen Out. After defeating the spiders, and continue through the cave, we’re supposed to be ambushed by elementals. It does nothing.

*Edit: After trying a couple more times, it played through. My husband said the same thing happened to him, but he ran around looking for a missed/hidden enemy and found one.

Attachments:

(edited by jezebel.7054)

Posted by: ummaner.5016

ummaner.5016

Hi,
On my system when i set the Render Sampling on ‘Normalsample’ the screen look like this. I cant see anything that is in 3D rendered in the game. Even in the character creation screens and the home screen i cant see 3D models.

I tried to switch every graphical options and only the render sampling is broken.

My system :

Radeon Nitro R9 Fury 4Go by Sapphire
Windows 10 Entreprise
Intel i5-3570K
8 Go Ram
SSD 480Go

Every driver is uptodate with Snappy Driver Installer.

To fix this I switch the render sampling to ‘supersample’ and then the game work ‘fine’.

Attachments:

Posted by: gamefreak.9785

gamefreak.9785

In the second phase with the fight with Mordremoth I took the biggest up draft and got stuck in the upper area

Attachments: