Sudden Black Screen

Sudden Black Screen

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

I am posting this here in order to see if anyone has found a fix for sudden black screen client whereby the whole screen goes black but you can hear the music of the game in the background until you forcefully close the client and reopen.

I also do want to mention that i have been in contact with anet team trying to fix, however all of their fixes havent provided any fruitful results, so i am coming here to see if anyone has had the same problem and have fixed it.

The game has been literally unplayable for me lately as i get black screen while doing a meta event in HoT map or during a wvw fight or even world bosses.

Thank you very much for any advice that comes through

Sudden Black Screen

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Sudden Black Screen

Whitefang.4968

yeah i hav been following your thread for a while as well, i tried around 25 fixes that anet provided with no luck. and worst of all we cannot get crash log since the black screen itself isnt a crash per se. trying my best in getting crash log for GM atm

Sudden Black Screen

Whitefang.4968

Shadow, you have been experiencing black screens for a while, have you found any reason for it to happen? like an application cross talk causing it or anything else?

Sudden Black Screen

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

If you check that thread you will see a thing I did to try tracking it. You can try to turn on logging, simply it will generate a log file for each time you run the game. To do so, run the game with the command line argument -log (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments for how to do it, although this one isn’t documented there). It will create a GW2.log file at C:\Users\<YouUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2. It will look like a bunch of texts with non-sense stuff but some will have some sense.

Based on that I notices a peculiar behavior each time I get a black screen. Very frequently during a normal game play the log will have something like “Debug: Auth server returned response 0” that looks normal. However, when black screen occurs it will show like “Debug: Auth server returned response 14” followed by things like “Debug: Drop auth connection”, “Debug: Disconnected from server xxxxx” that apparently looks like some issue with auth servers. Either it’s at my end or Anet’s what is clear is that the game loses connection with auth servers somehow and then it drops, without completely shutting down the game or showing any error message. Then we get stuck in a state that we aren’t neither logged or completely shut down.