Sudden disappearance of Gathering Tools

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Meari.9078

Meari.9078

In the past week or so I’ve been in the middle of mining and suddenly get a “no tool equipped” message. When I got to re-equip the pick, its nowhere to be found in my bags.
Getting tired of repurchasing tools I’ve already bought.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Not a glitch. Standard gathering tools have health. This is intended as a gold sink. If you want an unbreakable, permanent tool, you have to buy one from the Gem Store. You can only have it on one toon at a time.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

If you want an unbreakable, permanent tool, you have to buy one from the Gem Store. You can only have it on one toon at a time.

These tools are account-bound, though, so you can swap them between your characters using the bank. Not exactly the best solution, but better than nothing.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

If you want an unbreakable, permanent tool, you have to buy one from the Gem Store. You can only have it on one toon at a time.

These tools are account-bound, though, so you can swap them between your characters using the bank. Not exactly the best solution, but better than nothing.

And this in itself was a relatively recent change and a very generous one on Arenanet’s part, considering they negate this gold sink. Previously, if you used a permanent tool, it was soul-bound to that toon.