Super Adventure Box: Aggro/Toughness

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

I’m not sure if it’s intentional, but I’ve been playing SAB for a few weeks now with a friend and every time we go together all the mobs stick to her like glue. I can even attack the Bee Dog Queen without it even acknowledging me. So since she wears tanky gear with high toughness and I’m wearing dps gear. We can only assume that threat still affects SAB creatures.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

not sure it does all the time. me and my gf both wear dps gear, but everything in SAB will absolutely ignore me to attack her. if we play with a friend of ours (also in dps gear), then he is always the target.

this happens with enemies, and the attack the cage parts.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The game has many mechanics that influence a foe’s choice of targets. Toughness is only one. Other possibilities include: lowest health, nearest, last hit, last to have landed a hit, nearest within a field of view, does highest DPS, and any combination of those.

Before assuming that ‘toughness’ matters, make sure you eliminate the others.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Cercie.1025

I’ve tried many things.

1. First to engage. It still ran half the map to get to her.
2. Highest damage. I literally soloed it while she ran back and forth and it ignored me. Unless dps stat wise.
3. Lowest health. Didn’t seem to matter if we were both undamaged. Unless it’s stat wise.
4. Tried many variations of who landed hits when and where.
5. Field of view. Well when I’m the first to run to the boss and it just decides to run halfway across the field to attack someone else who hadn’t even engaged it yet, eh.

So I think I’ve done enough testing to consider toughness as a suspect. You’re welcome to your own theories, I’m just bringing it to the table and taking a guess. Somethings happening out of the ordinary possibly caused by some sort of gear stat slipping through. So either tanky or dps stats. It should be looked at so the wiki can be updated accordingly.

(edited by Cercie.1025)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve tried many things.

2. Highest damage. I literally soloed it while she ran back and forth and it ignored me. Unless dps stat wise.
3. Lowest health. Didn’t seem to matter if we were both undamaged. Unless it’s stat wise.
5. Field of view. Well when I’m the first to run to the boss and it just decides to run halfway across the field to attack someone else who hadn’t even engaged it yet, eh.

So I think I’ve done enough testing to consider toughness as a suspect. You’re welcome to your own theories, I’m just bringing it to the table and taking a guess. Somethings happening out of the ordinary possibly caused by some sort of gear stat slipping through. So either tanky or dps stats. It should be looked at so the wiki can be updated accordingly.

Those are good tests. I don’t have any theories — I just don’t like to “assume” a cause without researching.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Cercie.1025

I’ve tried many things.

Those are good tests. I don’t have any theories — I just don’t like to “assume” a cause without researching.

Well that’s the definition of what assume is lol. And I can presume it’ll happen again XD

Semantics aside, it’s made SAB easier knowing who all the assassins are going to chase.