Super Adventure Box - No Continue = 1 Life

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

In the old SAB, when you ran out of extra lives and chose not to continue, you were kicked out of the instance and had your 5 total lives replenished.

Now, you’re kicked out and set to 1 life.

This rather diminishes the fun and rather goes against the whole “lives are cheap” point of Tribulation Mode.

Is this a bug or a “feature” to get us to buy the infinite coin?

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

If you get a game over and return to the hub and attempt to immediately re-enter a world, you will have 1 life.

If you have a continue coin and use it when you get a game over or buy one from Moto when you get a game over, you will receive the 5 lives you are expecting.

TLDR: Get continue coins and use them for your five life bundles.

Also if you have 5 or 10 continue coins when you get a game over, you can use them in bulk for 25 or 50 lives

Absolutionis.9427

That’s quite disappointing to hear that getting a gameover is noticeably changed from last time SAB was around as soon as the infinite coin became available.

I’ve bought a lot of gem store items myself, but when it starts interfering with normal gameplay, it’s really disheartening.

(edited by Absolutionis.9427)

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

This was probably a bug that was exploited heavily in the past and they changed it. I knew it was getting fixed the next time!

Posted by: iceey.1607

iceey.1607

These changes to encourage infinite coin purchases are really disappointing.

Absolutionis.9427

This was probably a bug that was exploited heavily in the past and they changed it. I knew it was getting fixed the next time!

You can still hop in back at the checkpoint if you’re with a group. This time you’re at 1 life instead of 5, but that makes little difference.

For people that want to solo it or get a fresh reset, it’s punishing.