Super Adventure Box bugs

Super Adventure Box bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Collecting the issues I have seen with SAB in this post.

W1: Jumping mushrooms are different (same for trampolines in W2, I think).

By this I mean that they react differently, it is now harder to kill momentum while bouncing and sometimes the bouncing stops entirely with no action on my part until I manually jump in place.

W2: Infantile clouds for the long route are missing in Z2 only.

This isn’t really a bug, I just find it interesting that Z3 has most of the infantile clouds intact when Z2 is missing a few. Fun fact, some of the old hand pointers from infantile mode remain on the long path, but the clouds are not there… includes one defunct teleporter as well.

W2: Ice has gotten lot more slippery than it used to be in “Back to School”.

I don’t know if this actually has to do with the ice or some latency compensation adjustments, however, just as with the jumping shrooms from time to time, killing your momentum is way harder. To be honest it feels like I am playing with decent amount of input lag most of the time (this only happens on ice, and from time to time with shrooms, so no it isn’t real input lag).

General issues/differences:

Bombs: This has been brought up several times here already, but the bombs don’t have the same trajectory as they used to. They seem to edge downward… thus they don’t have the same range as they used to.

Super Adventure Box bugs

Posted by: DinoToss.4810

DinoToss.4810

Collecting the issues I have seen with SAB in this post.

W2: Infantile clouds for the long route are missing in Z2 only.

This isn’t really a bug, I just find it interesting that Z3 has most of the infantile clouds intact when Z2 is missing a few. Fun fact, some of the old hand pointers from infantile mode remain on the long path, but the clouds are not there… includes one defunct teleporter as well.

This is an issue because you need to backtrack to the eagle shortcut to do a 100% bauble run, This is currently impossible due to missing rainbow paths.

Super Adventure Box bugs

Crise.9401

This is an issue because you need to backtrack to the eagle shortcut to do a 100% bauble run, This is currently impossible due to missing rainbow paths.

Good point, never though of it that far…

However, in retrospect any chances that impact the old ways of completing the level sort of sucks because not only does it make some things harder, or impossible as it turns out, it also invalidates lot of old guides made by the community that were relying on the infantile clouds for easier time with some achievements.

It took me a while to realize that dropping the piranhas was no longer a thing for example. I spent at least a few minutes trying it and wondering where the kitten did the piranha go. Dropping it regularly was just such an automatic thing for me.

Super Adventure Box bugs

Posted by: Signaling Fire.3750

Signaling Fire.3750

Well I do have a weird bug, I do not get the option for normal mode or trib mode for world 2, although I did them both when the Back to School came out.

Super Adventure Box bugs

Crise.9401

Well I do have a weird bug, I do not get the option for normal mode or trib mode for world 2, although I did them both when the Back to School came out.

SAB progress is character specific… are you sure you are on the same character as last time.

Super Adventure Box bugs

Posted by: Sorrow.4765

Sorrow.4765

You can do the bauble achievement in w2z2 without the rainbow bridges. I know because I did it recently. There are some clouds that go around the bits where you can’t jump the exact same path backwards.

Super Adventure Box bugs

Crise.9401

You can do the bauble achievement in w2z2 without the rainbow bridges. I know because I did it recently. There are some clouds that go around the bits where you can’t jump the exact same path backwards.

I figured that might be a possible solution (in retrospect the idea of those achievements only being able to be reliably completed in infantile mode to begin with seems strange), however, my main point was that they are not being consistent in their treatment of infantile mode in regards to this new changes.