Surround Sound not callibrated well

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Hi guys to be honest im not entirely sure if this is a problem with my headset but it doesnt seem to be the case since i can confirm my surround sound works with both ears.

The problem is that I find that with surround sound turned on, sounds that should be coming form the ‘centre’ of the screen are exaggerated in the right ear. This started happening only today i believe and happened once before. Sounds such as the beginning animation for weapon skills and weapon swap for example sound heavily as if coming from the right side.

I tried out using staff #1 on a necro towards a target on the left of my character. The casting sound was heavily emphasized in my right ear but as soon as the projectile began moving the sounds came from the correct direction, as in moving from centre to left.

This is incredibly annoying after a while and quite disorientating if you use the sound telegraphs a lot to fight (I do not believe i have recently changed any settings this randomly started happening today). Other sounds that come purely out of the right ear are UI things like opening the inventory etc.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Warobaz.9543

Warobaz.9543

Did you modify the horizontal placement of your camera? I don’t know if this has any effect on the sound, but maybe?

Norn to be Alive [NtbA]

Zetsumei.4975

Did you modify the horizontal placement of your camera? I don’t know if this has any effect on the sound, but maybe?

Nope and whenever I do shift the horizontal position to try it out things like weapon swap sound still come predominantly from the right ear. :/

Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I have the same experience when using my Logitech headphones as a USB device. Their “Gaming Software” doesn’t let me switch to non-surround, so the only workaround I’ve found is to remove the USB adapter and plug them directly into the onboard sound (yuck.)

The problem, for me, shows up primarily in User Interface sounds for the game. It is definitely quite annoying. I haven’t experienced this in other apps (though I haven’t done enough testing to confirm that it is limited to GW2)

Zetsumei.4975

I have the same experience when using my Logitech headphones as a USB device. Their “Gaming Software” doesn’t let me switch to non-surround, so the only workaround I’ve found is to remove the USB adapter and plug them directly into the onboard sound (yuck.)

The problem, for me, shows up primarily in User Interface sounds for the game. It is definitely quite annoying. I haven’t experienced this in other apps (though I haven’t done enough testing to confirm that it is limited to GW2)

Oh im using the logitech G430 headset. You can disable surround sound by going into the logitech software, icons at the bottom, left of settings, share and help are another three icons. Click the third that is customise surround sound and on the main area you see a toggle to enable or disable dolby surround (disable).

Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Thanks.6859

Thanks.6859

been this way for 3 day now

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Oh im using the logitech G430 headset. You can disable surround sound by going into the logitech software, icons at the bottom, left of settings, share and help are another three icons. Click the third that is customise surround sound and on the main area you see a toggle to enable or disable dolby surround (disable).

You’re right.. I forgot about this because it’s been so long.

1) When in Surround Mode, it’s great.

2) When Surround Mode is turned OFF in the Logitech drivers, UI is in my right ear only.

The reason that I consider the #2 option is because I want to play non-surround music on VLC, and the surround decoder makes a huge mess of it.

If I use the non-Logitech method (ie: remove USB adapter), the #2 option works fabulously.

So is Logitech not sending the proper information to the OS about its surround state?