Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ploptart.2571

ploptart.2571

After numerous foolish attempts to make this jump, it seems that the platform is possibly bugged. I’ve taken a screenshot and compared it to numerous guides online and it does indeed appear to be shorter than it should be, even though there is no sort of event that would seem to make it longer…help please?

Attachments:

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

From your picture, it looks like you haven’t made it into the Jumping Puzzle yet.

No idea if this will be helpful, but here’s what the wiki has to say:

Start from Applenook Hamlet Waypoint in Cornucopian Fields and head southeast, down to the southernmost end of Lake Bounty. From the first arm of the lake (see image) climb the grassy slope. When you see the Alpha Wolf, turn left towards the cliff and seek a crevasse. This is the entry point.

It’s not so much a jumping puzzle as it is a swimming puzzle. There’s only one jump you have to figure out, which is how to light one of the torches — that’s the one you’ll want to key off of. The rest is figuring where to swim to in a timely manner.

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: ploptart.2571

ploptart.2571

From your picture, it looks like you haven’t made it into the Jumping Puzzle yet.

No idea if this will be helpful, but here’s what the wiki has to say:

Start from Applenook Hamlet Waypoint in Cornucopian Fields and head southeast, down to the southernmost end of Lake Bounty. From the first arm of the lake (see image) climb the grassy slope. When you see the Alpha Wolf, turn left towards the cliff and seek a crevasse. This is the entry point.

It’s not so much a jumping puzzle as it is a swimming puzzle. There’s only one jump you have to figure out, which is how to light one of the torches — that’s the one you’ll want to key off of. The rest is figuring where to swim to in a timely manner.

I have definitely completed the puzzle, this is at the end after you’ve lit the torches, killed the veteran, and dodged the falling rocks. The moa food stuff is right behind me and I’m up on the platform right before you make the jump

EDIT: From the looks of it (i.e. me trying it), “Not So Secret” is also bugged. No airship to be seen anywhere.

(edited by ploptart.2571)

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

did this JP recently. A guide i raid said to use the speed buff from the Moa food (or another speed buff). Then u should be able to jump from the green flat part ahaid to the right to that pillar to the left (in the screenshot).

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: ninjafrosty.5124

ninjafrosty.5124

The platform has definitely been significantly (and roughly – textures not smoothed out) truncated. Compare to this screenshot from the most recent video guide I could find on YouTube by TheHunterCleary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4bGYbGuQs

Attachments:

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

yes, as you can see it’s like some new intern has had a go at the map editor and occidentally cut some land away which is vital for completing this JP!

anet, obvious game breaking bug for this jumping puzzle please see this and fix it asap so we can once again complete this jp,

thanks!

Attachments:

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My bad! Sorry, I’m not that familiar with the end. Just disregard my ramblings. Lol.

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There was a way to get to the end of the puzzle without doing the puzzle. This was probably an attempt at fixing it but it seems now there is now way to do it either way.

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: dangerousdave.6058

dangerousdave.6058

It’s possible to make the jump by hopping up onto a small ledge outlined here and jumping across, just did it today!

Attachments:

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

There is a missing ledge in this Jumping Puzzle, we are working to add it back in to allow you to complete it in the intended manner!

Swashbuckler's cove bug?

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

it’s back now, thanks for fixing this so quickly

Attachments:

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)