"Swift Closer" achievement bugged?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: poebel.4780

poebel.4780

As far as I understand the description you have to close 5 portals within 15 minutes after the world event started.

Well … I’ve done this several times now … still no achievement or even a “1/5 portals”

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

same here i even tried to tag bronze reward in every spot
did it before 15 mins and no achiev

Denial Of Service.5732

I did it twice and still no achievement.

sad piranha is sad. T_T

(edited by Denial Of Service.5732)

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

We’re investigating, but it’s worth mentioning that closing pirate or molten events do not count as portals.

Edit: Also, after you close your first portal you will receive a buff for 15 minutes. All the portals need to be closed while the initial buff is active or you will not receive credit.

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

Denial Of Service.5732

We’re investigating, but it’s worth mentioning that closing pirate or molten events do not count as portals.

Edit: Also, after you close your first portal you will receive a buff for 15 minutes. All the portals need to be closed while the initial buff is active or you will not receive credit.

yup just closed watchworks but didnt got the buff.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

yup just closed watchworks but didnt got the buff.

same. I close them, but no buff appears.

Posted by: AlkalineLemon.3854

AlkalineLemon.3854

I’ve gone through two invasions now, and my count for portals closed is still at 0/5.

On my second invasion, I made sure that I was going to try to go for it. I managed to close 5, as my 5/5 portals closed daily got checked off. Additionally, we still had 32 minutes left out of the original 45, meaning I had done it in 13 minutes. However, upon further inspection, my counter for portals closed for Swift Closer was still at 0/5. Am I misunderstanding the achievement or is this bugged? (People in map chat said that they had gotten it when I asked about it, so is it an isolated incident?)

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Same thing is happening to me unless I also am not understanding the achievment

Denial Of Service.5732

Same thing is happening to me unless I also am not understanding the achievment

i did it under 11 mins and yes the achievement is bugged

did it again under 13 mins and still nothing.

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

failed on overflows but got it when I was on my home server

AlkalineLemon.3854

I’ve ‘completed’ the event on both overflow and on home server. Don’t know if that’s it, especially considering that even though I’ve participated on both types of servers, I’m still 0/5.

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

Also having issues, made sure iver participated, destroyed enemies and tagged the group, in less than 15 minutes and still at 0/1. Not even 1 portal counted.

already even participated in 9 areas sucesfully and no achievement

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve ‘completed’ the event on both overflow and on home server. Don’t know if that’s it, especially considering that even though I’ve participated on both types of servers, I’m still 0/5.

If your achievement says 0/5 then there is definitely a bug. It should be 0/1 only. The only 0/5 under Clockwork Chaos is Portal Closer which requires finishing 5 invasions.

Edit: Swift Closer requires closing 5 portals in 15 minutes not 1 portal in 15 minutes repeated 5 times.

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I had problems with it too. Got the achieve on the 7th portal closed, rather than the 5th.

Rasudido.6734

nope, tried again and made SURE that I got GOLD completion on the portal events, all within 15 minutes (31 minutes in countdown), 6 events all minions (no aether/molten) and still no completion.

Need to know what could be causing this.

Rasudido.6734

Have a problem no buff goes up when I close a portal.

Posted by: Minaly.8219

Minaly.8219

I also can not complete the swift closer event. And i only have 16 out of 17 achievements pressent in the tab so i never can get the meta.

Plus i’m gonne for 2 weeks so i miss everything

Posted by: Timber Wolf.4308

Timber Wolf.4308

Hi, just wanted to point that there has to be a bug because I was with my party on the event, and we rushed for this achievement. We went together to all the portals (with 2 swords). And 2 os uf (who didn’t have yet the achievement) got the daily achievement close 5 portals, but my friend also had the achievement of swift closer.

So he get’s daily achievement to close 5 portals and swift closer at the same time, but I do get credit only on the daily but not the swift closer bug :/. Ah, it still had 33 mins left.

please fix it

Posted by: Jarppa.7960

Jarppa.7960

I also had this problem, then I tried to do the events without using any waypoints. I instantly got the achievement after 5 portals. I think it’s possible that waypointing resets the portal count.

AlkalineLemon.3854

I also had this problem, then I tried to do the events without using any waypoints. I instantly got the achievement after 5 portals. I think it’s possible that waypointing resets the portal count.

I didn’t WP either. Plus, even if WPing DID reset the counter, it doesn’t make sense for me to still have 0/5 (or 0/1, not sure which) on the achievement panel. I should AT LEAST have 1 if WPing resets the counter.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I didn’t WP either. Plus, even if WPing DID reset the counter, it doesn’t make sense for me to still have 0/5 (or 0/1, not sure which) on the achievement panel. I should AT LEAST have 1 if WPing resets the counter.

There is no “at least one” with this achievement. It is all or nothing. You either closed 5 portals in 15 minutes or you didn’t or you did but there is a bug but there is no partial completion.

Edit: and go make sure you are actually looking at the right achievement …

AlkalineLemon.3854

There is no “at least one” with this achievement. It is all or nothing. You either closed 5 portals in 15 minutes or you didn’t or you did but there is a bug but there is no partial completion.

I got into the main map with 44/45 minutes (so no aetherblade or molten alliance). I closed five portals, and I KNOW I did because I got the 5/5 portals closed daily (this was right after reset, so these portals weren’t carrying on from a previous instance). On top of this, after my 5/5 portals closed daily checked off, I still had 32 minutes on the timer, meaning it only took me 12 minutes to close all 5.

So even if there isn’t partial completion, which I’ll admit could be possible, from the scenario above I SHOULD have gotten it. I’m not too terribly worried about it, it’s only 5AP, but it is a bug that has happened to me on 3/3 invasions, where 2 of them I was specifically trying to get the swift closer achievement.

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I got into the main map with 44/45 minutes (so no aetherblade or molten alliance). I closed five portals, and I KNOW I did because I got the 5/5 portals closed daily (this was right after reset, so these portals weren’t carrying on from a previous instance). On top of this, after my 5/5 portals closed daily checked off, I still had 32 minutes on the timer, meaning it only took me 12 minutes to close all 5.

So even if there isn’t partial completion, which I’ll admit could be possible, from the scenario above I SHOULD have gotten it. I’m not too terribly worried about it, it’s only 5AP, but it is a bug that has happened to me on 3/3 invasions, where 2 of them I was specifically trying to get the swift closer achievement.

A similar thing happened to me, so I just kept going and got it on the seventh portal. Obviously bugged, but something to try in the meantime.

AlkalineLemon.3854

A similar thing happened to me, so I just kept going and got it on the seventh portal. Obviously bugged, but something to try in the meantime.

Haha, like I said I’m not too worried about it. I do plan on going for 13/13, so I figured I’d get it eventually. Just figured I’d report it and see if anything comes of it.

Posted by: Cowa.3421

Cowa.3421

Hello

I also have problems – cannot get this achievement.
Can someone explain what conditions must be met to get this buff, because i never got it. Do we need to talk someone, or should be appear automaticly after first close portal event completed?

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I was on a map with a guildmate and we did everything side by side, events, kills etc and he got the achie and I did not. Def bugged. Please fix.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: LaoriaOfLight.2706

LaoriaOfLight.2706

I’m having the same issue with this bug. Done 3 maps now, hitting all 5 portal closures and nothing. Not having a buff pop up after the first portal being completed either, which I think is what was said above as what was supposed to happen? Definitely would like some update about the situation.

poebel.4780

Got it now (without even aiming for it)
But their was no sign of any buff.

I just headed for portals and killed&destroyed the twisted.

Posted by: Mormegil.7514

Mormegil.7514

I have done this achievement easly.
My tips are:
1. focus “destroy Scarlet invading minions” events, don’t care about pirate or dredges or molten
2. you need to take the medal from the event (bronze is enough), so when you got the medal move from that place for another
3. focus just-started events, so you have more chances to get the medal

Regards,
M

Denial Of Service.5732

it is bugged guys i finally got it after so many tries

- NEVER go to another location but the “wacthwork portals”

(didnt got the supposed buff tho)

-had to do at least 6 -7 portals

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

it is bugged guys i finally got it after so many tries

- NEVER go to another location but the “wacthwork portals”

(didnt got the supposed buff tho)

-had to do at least 6 -7 portals

Will try this thanks, really annoying bug though =/ and the buff part seems to be misleading, I didn’t see it on myself nor ANYONE I clicked in the vicinity.

Posted by: LaoriaOfLight.2706

LaoriaOfLight.2706

I finally got it. You have to be absolutely sure you get the medal from each. It took me a couple, because there were some I didn’t get a medal for even though I was there for a majority of the portal’s existence, but I did get it. I also did what was mentioned above about only doing twisted minions and not any Molten or Aetherblades. Hope this helps!

Edit: also, I had no visible buff appear either.

poebel.4780

One more hint: It seems like you have to “Destroy” at least a couple of them to get a medal for the event.

AlkalineLemon.3854

I still can’t get this achievement. I did three invasions today, focusing exclusively on closing watchwork portals. Didn’t get a buff, and still don’t have the achievement. No clue what’s bugging out with this.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think he was talking about an internal buff. The game triggers it and watches your progress with a 15 minute timer. If you don’t beat the timer, it simply doesn’t credit you.

So as a helpful tip, as soon as your close the portal, rush/WP to the next one. I suggest one that has a Commander tag on it, to maximize the amount of players helping.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Bugged, doesn’t work for some. Fix please. I’ve done it about 8 different times now under 15 minutes (Closing only her portals) Aka the “Swords” Getting a “Medal”. And I’m still not receiving the achievement. Haven’t noticed a buff either, but that’s just from me not paying attention to that section.

Also someone pointed out to me… “You can’t use waypoints”.

Is this true?

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

having the same issue and done it carefully like glowsticks mentioned , so far done this 5 times already in under 15 min gett 5 to 6 golden succeded event medals of just the closing portals events (no aetherblades , molten ,etc…) and yeah still no achievement…

the only thing i can thinkoff haven’t done already is having 5 gold medals succeded events , so far its been 3 to 2 golden and 3 to 2 silver…

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

(edited by Nor.2057)

Posted by: Kipni.4136

Kipni.4136

Same issue here, did several times 6-7 closed portals, not getting achieved.
I only take closing portal events. Please fix this.

Posted by: tapsyhapsy.7342

tapsyhapsy.7342

7 portals closed with gold withing 15 minutes is my best on home server. No achi in sight. sad kitty

Posted by: uridel.5396

uridel.5396

I also completed the Achievements requirements, 7 portals closed within the 1st 15 minutes of the event. All gold medal, But no completion

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

I still haven’t been able to complete the achievements because I never even get the buff >.>

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Same no buff no achievement ..

Posted by: gescean.4279

gescean.4279

Just got the achievement but just want to add in I never saw a buff and I closed way more than 5 Watchwork portals.

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Since it didn’t specify if it was close 5 in 15min or close 5 in the 1st 15min i went with the later.
Just do enough in each event to grant bronze/silver and move to the next, you should get it that way easily.

I did it on an overflow on my 1st time without any trouble.

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

Also have been unable to complete this achievement. I have tried 6 times now every which way I can think – in overflow, in my home map, first 15 minutes, not waypointing, only participating in Twisted events, different characters, doing more than 5, nothing works. I’m getting medals, but never this achievement.

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Since it didn’t specify if it was close 5 in 15min or close 5 in the 1st 15min i went with the later.
Just do enough in each event to grant bronze/silver and move to the next, you should get it that way easily.

I did it on an overflow on my 1st time without any trouble.

I’ve done this several times and no achievement

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Mistina.7394

Mistina.7394

Josh – is there any further info on this? been trying to get this achievement too.

Posted by: Mangoes.5163

Mangoes.5163

I didn’t see hide nor hair of a buff on the run where I got the achievement, if that helps.

Posted by: Trabia.3650

Trabia.3650

Just now I closed 7 portals within the first 10 minutes. 6 gold, 1 bronze. No achievement. This is my 5th try, and it still didn’t trigger.
Edit: I can’t recall ever having the buff.

(edited by Trabia.3650)

Posted by: Kim Of Sin.4178

Kim Of Sin.4178

I ve done this at least 7 times now. I get portals closed 5x time or more in the 1st 15 min still no reward. I t must be bugged and it frustrating please fix.