Swiftness duration stacking

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Sometimes when attempting to stack swiftness, it may completely negate or replace the existing swiftness instead of being in addition to it. Been happening now for over a month across professions.

We are supposed to be able to stack duration. The level of suck in the game would dramatically rise by the snails pacing without swiftness. As it’s already being felt by not stacking.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That seems to be an issue with specific skills rather than just not stacking. Specifically 4 on focus for mesmer. Never heard of anything else not stacking swiftness.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

That seems to be an issue with specific skills rather than just not stacking. Specifically 4 on focus for mesmer. Never heard of anything else not stacking swiftness.

Guardian Staff 3 also does not stack swiftness correctly. If you already have swiftness, it won’t apply the correct duration from the skill.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Khisanth.2948

Hmm so basically ground targeted skills that provide swiftness. Someone else brought this up when talking about the mesmer skill but it was probably done to prevent people from just running on top of the thing over and over for long duration. Seems unnecessary since there is already a cap to how much duration any person can add and there is a cap on swiftness duration anyway.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

TY for the replies. I’ve noticed this on My Ele and Mesmer especially. My Staff Ele should be hit perma swiftness easily. Though it hiccups and has the same bugs Mesmers do.

I’ll try Ranger and Warrior with Warhorns tomorrow. After testing on ourselves, I’ll go into WvW and try on Dolyaks too. They better be resting well overnight because they’re in for some running tomorrow!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Khisanth.2948

Shouldn’t be an issue on warrior. A while ago I was using it with Signet of Rage to maintain permanent swiftness to see how long it would take one person to run Half Baked Komali’s path. I never dropped swiftness for the 17 minutes that it took to do the run.

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

To test this properly, you should look into crossprofession swiftness stacking:
Warrior warhorn and ranger warhorn
Warrior signet of rage with guardian staff
Mesmer focus and guardian Shout
etc.
And even runes and sigils that provide chances to swiftness

I’ve seen this bug so many times that I am not sure anymore what is intented not to stack and what is…if that even is the case…

Posted by: IrishGuinea.5086

IrishGuinea.5086

Just started playing Guardian in WvW and noticed this issue with swiftness staff 3 not working. Even resetting it to a quick 2 second swiftness sometimes or cancelling stacks altogether. So came here to check on it, found a post from 2012 complaining of the same thing as well as this post.

I can’t provide anything new other than whats already been stated.

About time they find the issue and fix this.

cough Anet?

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Its not really an issue. Or, at least, not technically a bug.

Ground targeted “fields” do a swiftness check. If you have swiftness, they won’t apply any more.
This prevents you from stacking swiftness from the same source.

They also apply on ‘pulse’ meaning once per second. Which is why you can sometimes run through guardian staff symbol without getting any swiftness.

They don’t have an internal limit, like some people think, of only applying to each person once. They just do the swiftness check as a backdoor prevention method.

That’s not to say there aren’t some bugs as well, but you have to narrow them down on a per skill basis. I have had swiftness fail to stack from sources that I know stack, but nothing repeatable that I could ever narrow down. Sometimes I wonder if its some kind of server latency issue.

But the not-stacking on ground targeted skills is a matter of design.

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

Ground targeted “fields” do a swiftness check. If you have swiftness, they won’t apply any more.

They also apply on ‘pulse’ meaning once per second. Which is why you can sometimes run through guardian staff symbol without getting any swiftness.

They don’t have an internal limit, like some people think, of only applying to each person once. They just do the swiftness check as a backdoor prevention method.

That’s not to say there aren’t some bugs as well, but you have to narrow them down on a per skill basis. I have had swiftness fail to stack from sources that I know stack, but nothing repeatable that I could ever narrow down. Sometimes I wonder if its some kind of server latency issue.

This is not true. If I recall correctly, mesmer staff #5 is ground targetted, yet it adds swiftness duration to your current boon if you had it.

Posted by: Johnson.3874

Johnson.3874

The swiftness stacking bug do happen on warrior, if you use signet of rage and warhorn, when you try to add swiftness with a banner, it either will not work or remove the duration you got from the warhorn.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

This is not true. If I recall correctly, mesmer staff #5 is ground targetted, yet it adds swiftness duration to your current boon if you had it.

Yep. It’s also ‘pulsed’ much like the gaurdian symbol. (You can run through it with swiftness, before it pulses and miss the additional swiftness).

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

When using warhorn #4 and running through the mesmer swiftness line, it doesn’t stack. Considering mesmers are almost everywhere in wvw, it is an issue for me to use warhorn at all untill I see and cross a mesmer swiftness buff (think its temporal curtain). When crossing a guardians mark that grants swiftness, I stack.

This seems to just be an issue with the mesmer skill not stacking correctly. From what I heard, this is bug fixing month so hopefully things like this will get changed soon.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”