Sylvari Racial and Elite Skills

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

This is more of a suggestion thread more than anything.

Elite Skills:

• Take Root
    • Awesome skill. Damage is mediocre – could be improved a bit….but the health…they die in 1-2 hits….for an elite skill that is pathetic. Please improve.
  • Summon Sylvan Hound
    • This elite is so-so. If it did as much damage as my Ranger pet and had somewhat the same amount of health I would be okay with that. But it dies in 1 – 2 hits…..waste of an elite.
  • Summon Druid Spirit
    • I like this elite. Cooldown seems a little long. Damage does not need to be increased – But it’s health does. Not as much as the other two racial elites. but just a little.

Racial Skills:

• Seed Turret
    • More damage and more health would make this a forefront for my skill bar.
  • Grasping Vines
    • Great for 1vs1 situations. Make it have a bit more health and no way to get out until it is destroyed.

Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

1.How is this a bug exactly?
2 You ever play a SoS Rit in GW1? They’re trying to avoid that, which is why Engineers and seed turrets suck.

ItIsFinished.9462

2 You ever play a SoS Rit in GW1? They’re trying to avoid that, which is why Engineers and seed turrets suck.

1: Well, if your pet dies in 1 -2 hits its either intended or a bug….

2: Nope.

Posted by: Karlos.2178

Karlos.2178

Racial skills, be them elite or not, have always been intended to be not as powerful as class skills. They can be situationally cool and/or fill in a blank in your setup, but they’re definitely intended to be underpowered overall, and not be a “forefront for your skill bar”.

So I guess that answers your question?

ItIsFinished.9462

Racial skills, be them elite or not, have always been intended to be not as powerful as class skills. They can be situationally cool and/or fill in a blank in your setup, but they’re definitely intended to be underpowered overall, and not be a “forefront for your skill bar”.

So I guess that answers your question?

Not really. Take my original post, then compare the racials to other classes. Asura PI, Norn transformation skills. HoB from humans…Sylvari are nothing compared to most of the others.

Now, keep in mind I’m referring to the lack of HP and skill descriptions being inaccurate. If they worked, then they would be on par with the others.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Not all pets excel in defense. You also got to watch out for those few areas where the level adjuster puts you lower than the current enemies.

I also recommend you do your research before making demands.

ItIsFinished.9462

Not all pets excel in defense. You also got to watch out for those few areas where the level adjuster puts you lower than the current enemies.

I also recommend you do your research before making demands.

Your suggesting I research another game? Why? When my 180 second/refresh Elite dies in two hits, before it even gets one of his hits off, it has to be a bug. Also, the humans Hounds of Balthazar have more HP and there’s two of them. Obviously a way better elite compared to Fern Hound. I suggest you do a little research yourself.

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

First of all… engineers don’t suck Zeivu…

And I find that all the racial elites are mediocre in comparison to the profession specific elites unless you make a build around it or make a use for it. And I think that is for a reason, intented. Some elites are more of a panic button rather than icing on the cake during combat.

Elites truly define the profession, or the race… But step away from the idea that an Elite makes your build like it did in GW1. In GW2 your traits and weapon of choice make the build.

no way this is a bug.