System Date Affects Daily Achievements [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mcduckism.3962

Mcduckism.3962

It sounds like your system clock is on the wrong day/time zone. The achivements you’re listing as not working today are not today’s achievements. There’s a bug where the achievement display looks at your system time, but the actual achievements are controlled by the server. (So you might SEE tomorrow’s achievements, but the server won’t let you do them yet.)

thanks for the quick reply, checked my system time and date and was set 2 days forward. changed it back and loaded the game and my dailies were the right ones.

Posted by: Teresa.5109

Teresa.5109

(day and yep still haveing trouble with the daily i did check the time date setting and thay are correct) ok so after reading the forum i kind of fixed the problem by turning the clock back 1 day lol at least i can see the daily now and yeah got them done

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Apologies if I may not word this response properly, though I hope my concern and request for the requirement to be removed is gleaned from its content.

Unfortunately for me there are currently 4 personal reasons for why I choose to not have my computer set to the actual current date/time/zone.
Players/paid customers should not be forced to alter their decisions for how they configure their computers not related to GW2 just for an aspect of the game to function properly again. I suppose in my mind I could liken it to being forced to not have an audio CD or MP3 player playing in the background while playing GW2, or to not have a specific manufacturer’s product installed on my PC in order for this game feature to work.
Due to this requirement that every player’s computer have its time/date/zone set how you want/need it to be, I guess I will be forced to no longer take part in the Daily Challenge and its rewards in GW2, at least until this requirement is changed .
Removing my personal choice to how I would like my clock on my PC configured so I can once again take part in a very enjoyable aspect of a game I’ve already paid for is unethical to me.
Oh well.
There’s plenty of other fun and challenging stuff to do in this fantastic game.
Enjoy your daily challenge everyone.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Azmarlio.7861

Azmarlio.7861

Any news about this? I have this same issue. I already tried to change my timezone and current time settings for my Windows 7 OS and set the game time to local but somehow it does not help and the achievements do not update. I have also tried to exit the game and restart the client but it does not seem to help.

Lucas Diamondshield
Philippine Heroes [Ph]

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

They should really change this to be determined by the server instead of client time. Not because it bothers me personally, but because threads like this will be popping out all the time because there will always be somebody messing around with the system clock in some way.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Black Viper.8427

Black Viper.8427

I’m sure that some players had problems with the DAILY VETERAN AND CRAFTING achievement since the last patch. I had the same problem yesterday and simply ignored it because I assume that Anet would surely take action since a lot of player experienced the same thing.

I logged it tonight to see that my daily is already changed; currently have healing, kills, events, gathering and talk to the new vendor for daily. I tried talking to the new npc, no response for daily; killed a few skelks, still no progress; healed a guildie, gathered ores and do a fractal for event but still daily didn’t respond.

Is my account bugged, or are there any other players experiencing the same problem? or at least, does anyone has any idea what to do or why am I experiencing such?

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

There are other players having the same problem. There’s an official post somewhere stating it’s probably your system clock indicating the wrong day, so the daily achievement UI shows the objectives of another day while you actually gotta do something else to get the daily done.

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

Check the following on your computer:

• System Time
  • System Date
  • System Time Zone

And what operating system are you using?

Posted by: Scourge.1563

Scourge.1563

This is the second day I have not been able to finish my dailies. I get to 60 % and the others wont move. I had 3 of the 5 done

Naz Gul-Necro/Witch King-Revenant
Watching you Bleed makes me smile…………
Titanium Horde (TANK)(Borlis Pass)

Posted by: AntiVenomm.8154

AntiVenomm.8154

Ok, so at first i wasn’t going to complain but its now been 3 days in a row of me not being able to complete my daily. First i could not complete the dodge challenge, then i couldnt complete the crafting challenge, now it says to visit a laurel vendor, which does absolutely nothing. You added a system that doesnt work and i am being penalized and held back because of this issue. a response would be appreciated because i know im not the only one i have seen several posts but no one from Anet responding. Are the people who are being affected going to be compensated?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Skiy.1640

Skiy.1640

I’ve seen a few people post about being unable to get credit for certain parts of the daily achievement (myself included). I have now found out that this is a display issue as I was able to complete yesterday’s daily achievement blind (doing revives, dodging, etc, when it was displaying underwater kills and combos needed).

It seems that the issue is still not yet resolved as today I am seeing the requirements for yesterday’s daily and once again I cannot get credit for them. So today I am going to complete today’s achievement blind (veteran kills, crafting etc.)

Just wondering if Anet has noted this issue and if they are fixing it

Posted by: Ghost.6308

Ghost.6308

I have this same issue… It also keeps crashing me due to an error with achievements aswell. I think once I complete yesterday’s or today’s achievement I get crashed… Was fine pre-patch…

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Check the clock on your computer, which determines what displays for your dailies (and monthlies).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: annoyingkuriboh.8326

annoyingkuriboh.8326

So, ever since the dailies were changed, I’ve been having trouble completing them. It seems to always be the first daily on the list that is bugged. When it was Daily Kills, no matter how many enemies I killed, the progress bar or the percentage wouldn’t increase. Does anyone else have this problem?

Ghost.6308

Check the clock on your computer, which determines what displays for your dailies (and monthlies).

I think this really fixed it! Thanks a ton

Don’t know why dailies would use PC time but, okay.

Ghost.6308

Posted by: annoyingkuriboh.8326

annoyingkuriboh.8326

It helps a bit, but certain dailies give me credit and some don’t. But thank you.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Posted by: AntiVenomm.8154

AntiVenomm.8154

Thank you for the timely response, for anyone else looking at this having the same issue make sure you computer’s clock is set correctly, if not it will display the daily for the day ur computer clock is showing! This should help any until they fix this issue

thanks!

Posted by: scarface.1294

scarface.1294

since the update my daily has been messed up when it was first updated i got the daily revive and dodge. maybe an hour later a new update came and my daily changed again after the update and i was told by guild mates that my daily was not right. then later on in the day it changed back to daily revive and daily dodge . so i try to go and gt my daily today and it will not let me get daily revive or daily kill variety. so now this is day 2 i havent been able to complete my daily achievement to get my rewards if i could get some help from the devs or someone would be great. message me in game scarface.1294 or message me on here please help me asap thank you

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Make sure your computer is set to the correct date/time/time zone. There’s a bug where it will display the list of dailies based on your system time, even though it won’t let you complete dailies from other days.

scarface.1294

my daily has been messed up for 3 days as well having the same problems as most others here my daily revive and daily kill variety for today hasnt let me get them my message me on here or in game at scarface.1294

scarface.1294

my computer is set to the right date and time of my time zone and it isnt working still im loosing rewards because of this bug and its getting irritating

scarface.1294

i have check my date and time it didnt work and it is correct i tried to change it then change it back and that didnt work either

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

This may sound silly, but check your year as well. I’ve had this pop up before where the clock appeared correct, but it was set to 2053. Also check your Time Zone. It might display the correct time, but still be throwing the daily display off by several hours.

(edited by Jeffrey Vaughn.1793)

crouze.3078

Hope they read that the bugged daily achievement with combo kills still seems to be in the game.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Daily-Combo-Killer-still-in-the-Game/first#post1330211

Would be funny though to read the flame in 2 days

Posted by: ArleneZeng.8350

ArleneZeng.8350

So as soon as the patch started, I could not get my daily kills to be recorded one bit. But the next day it was perfectly fine and i received my laurel. Now today. I am not able to record my daily kills yet again.. Please help! I will miss 2 laurel now :[

And i also have a constant d/c issue in Fractals of the Mist. I don’t know what the problem is, but when i pve/wvw I am perfectly fine. I did report the error issue back to you guys. Hopefully you guys got it!

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

For the achievment issue, check this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/System-Date-Affects-Daily-Achievements-Merged/1315662

TL;DR is that you should check your system clock and make sure the date/time/timezone are all correct.

For the D/C issue, it’s being worked on, thanks!

Posted by: Virtuslumen.2541

Virtuslumen.2541

My system time, year, and time zone are all correct. For the past 2 days, i have not been able to complete the dailies. I’m not disgruntled, but I would like to know if those of us with these issues will be able to maybe get a laurel or 2 for the trouble. I’m glad that this doesn’t seem to be a widespread issue.

Besides this issue, I Love the new patch devs. Thank You Very Much.

crouze.3078

you could try to ask in guild or friends what you have to do for daily.

Dont know if it would work but it may work.

would just be a work around until its fixed.

Other then that you could ask what the dailys are and change your system date and check if it shows the correct achievements. It looks like youre dailys are off only 1 or 2 days.

This would show you the wrong date on your computer but then you could do the achievements :P

Posted by: panaku.7239

panaku.7239

Hey guys ever since the 28th January Patch i’ve been getting this bug that prevents my from doing my daily. I’ve had this event every day since the patch. What happens is that doing the required task does not contribute to the daily.

For Example. On the first day i had Daily Veteran Slayer. Yet i killed a couple of veterans and no progress was made towards the daily task.

is anybody else getting this problem?

Posted by: Flic.6938

Flic.6938

Yes, i cant complete dailys now, there is normally one or two of the achievements that I dont get credit for each day.

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

Are your date, time and timezone correct? For most of the people who complained, this was not the case. there are a lot of threads about this

Posted by: Flic.6938

Flic.6938

Thxs, this did the trick for me.

Posted by: Hachiccos.5697

Hachiccos.5697

yes mine too.. i cant complete my daily… plss fix this… i cant have my laurels….

IGN: Hachiccosbee
anvilrock

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

hellow,
my friend has different dailies from me. more specifically, she has the dailies that i had yesterday for every day since the update. her dailies do not update when she completes the tasks, but when she tries and does my tasks, sometimes her computer crashes, or she gets the popup, daily achievements +20%.
so basically the her achievement list shows the achievements of yesterday, but since those are past she can not update them. when she does the real daily achievements her game crashes, or she gets the pop up, but the list of daily achievements in the hero tab remains the same.

suggestions?

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

Are your date, time and timezone correct? For most of the people who complained, this was not the case. there are a lot of threads about this

Posted by: Silvery Shadow.5036

Silvery Shadow.5036

Actually yes…there is already a thread on that…but to make it short…check her computer clock/Time/region … it might be the cause

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

One of our guildmates lives in Australia (we are a EU server located guild) and he gets the dailies for tomorrow, and has the same issue.
When he killed veterans yesterday, while having today’s daily achievement, he kept crashing.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

I noticed that event veterans not count (ice elementals on Claw of Jormag, for example), but others do.

Posted by: JonatanAnabel.6170

JonatanAnabel.6170

so you wanna say that i must change properties thats are correct for my time zone to play this game without problems?!

Posted by: RoboSox.1769

RoboSox.1769

I’ve done all four daily quests, but the event that says “Daily Events” still read as 0%. In the “Achievement” tab, it shows that I have indeed finished the four daily quests, but it Daily Events is displaying 0/5 completion. This is very daunting and kind of makes me unmotivated to do anymore dailies. This is the second time it has happened, and I am just tired of daily events if this is what I get for doing them.

Please respond quickly.

Posted by: Pandem.7283

Pandem.7283

It doesn’t sound like the usual issue, but it could be the same problem: Check your computer clock, and make sure that the date, time, AND timezone are all correctly set and then try again.

It seems that some people have their timezone incorrect set, and because of the wrong timezone offset, GW might be detecting the wrong day and showing you yesterdays or tomorrows achievements. The correct achievements for today should be showing as: http://i.imgur.com/1HLVFJa.png

Posted by: RoboSox.1769

RoboSox.1769

It doesn’t sound like the usual issue, but it could be the same problem: Check your computer clock, and make sure that the date, time, AND timezone are all correctly set and then try again.

It seems that some people have their timezone incorrect set, and because of the wrong timezone offset, GW might be detecting the wrong day and showing you yesterdays or tomorrows achievements. The correct achievements for today should be showing as: http://i.imgur.com/1HLVFJa.png

Those are the ones that I’m doing. They’re all completed, but the Daily Events one is still showing 0/5.

Pandem.7283

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure.

Again, I’m only asking to make sure you understand what is required by that particular title, and don’t mean any offence:

Note that completion towards that title will only be given when you do Dynamic Events (events in the world that are typically marked in orange). Hearts, the other dailies, personal story and so on, do not count.

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

Also if you fail the Dynamic Event it does not count.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Posted by: BoCsa.7180

BoCsa.7180

Hi, i have a huge problem with my character. Today my daily is events gathering crafting kill variety and healer. Gathering, healing, events works no problem. But crafting and kill doesnt. I tried everywhere: dungeon, different maps… but kill variety is still at 0. As for crafting, i leveled up cooking and started armorsmith and crafting is still at 0.
What is the problem is dont understand, please help me somehow.
Thank you.

Pandem.7283

Crafting/Variety kills is not part of todays daily. Todays daily is the following: http://i.imgur.com/DraXzi2.png

The bug you’re encountering will be most likely because your computer clock is not set to the correct date, time, and timezone. All three must be set correctly, otherwise the game may show you yesterdays or tomorrows achievements.

It’s worth noting that this is only a display bug, so if for some reason you can’t change those settings, you can simply do the achievements in the screenshot and it will reward you with the daily once you complete it.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Crafting and kill variety are not part of today’s dailies. Check your computer clock and make sure the date/time/timezone are all correct. There’s currently a bug where the game is using your computer time to determine which dailies to display, but the correct (server) time is used to actually track them. So if your clock is off, it will display dailies from a different day. Some of them might be the same as the actual dailies, so you can advance them, but you won’t be able to complete the others.

Posted by: Virtuslumen.2541

Virtuslumen.2541

My issue has been solved. I was so focused on setting up the correct time of my pc, i thought that my pc would have automatically set the date. I feel sheepish…

Thanks for the help Arenanet. Keep up the good work.