TC Borderland bugged for BG players

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

We are looking into the issue right now. Until we know more, that’s all I can tell you at the moment.

As you’d be aware, this bug has already had a significant effect on this week’s matchup.

I’d be interested to know, apart from eventually fixing the bug, what – if anything, and I’d be happy with an open “nothing can be done” admission – compensatory action you’ll take.

You took our match up forums. Taking our PPT as well seems kind of mean spirited.

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

We are looking into the issue right now. Until we know more, that’s all I can tell you at the moment.

“nothing can be done”

It has been resolved, but there isn’t really anything we can do after a match has been running to provide recompense. However, we’ll at the very least look into what we can do to possibly have a system for that in the future. As well as try and sort out what exactly happened so it doesn’t happen again.

My apologies for the situation.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Well thanks for the 20 hours delayed fix.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

“nothing can be done”

It has been resolved, but there isn’t really anything we can do after a match has been running to provide recompense. However, we’ll at the very least look into what we can do to possibly have a system for that in the future. As well as try and sort out what exactly happened so it doesn’t happen again.

Thank you for the response though

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

“nothing can be done”

Devon, thanks for the quick reply. Can you check the queues again? It seems that TC cannot queue the same number of people into TC BL at the moment compare to BG.

Normally I wouldn’t raise alarm and assume its afk players, but since this map has known bug history I want to bring it up to you before the problem manifests into something more nasty/unpreditable etc..

http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

But, is this really a bug? With every single BG teamspeak server being taken down by DDOS attacks, my first thought was maybe that TC BL is being occupied by dozens of BG dummy accounts belonging to TC players?

Think Occam’s Razor. Why would this be caused by a game bug necessarily when such a simple answer explains it.

Has anyone at all been able to get inside TC BL to see if BG truly has no presence? Or is it really a dummy presence?

Occam’s Razor to you means that TC having literally a map queue’s worth of dummy accounts on BG that ALL managed to get in before ANY BG player is more likely than a server side bug.

Good job. Science is proud of you.

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

“nothing can be done”

Devon, thanks for the quick reply. Can you check the queues again? It seems that TC cannot queue the same number of people into TC BL at the moment compare to BG.

Normally I wouldn’t raise alarm and assume its afk players, but since this map has known bug history I want to bring it up to you before the problem manifests into something more nasty/unpreditable etc..

It’s their way of compensating BG for the 20 hour delay. Cap TC and JQ at 50% and let BG run over them for 20 hours capping everything.

Posted by: Iris.9704

Iris.9704

kitteng just fix this issue ?
Have to reset whole PPT or TC BL’s PPT.
this kitteng Anet’s take action will make people leave GW2 WvW to ESO
these days you know GW2 WvW population falling down.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

“nothing can be done”

dont provide compensation
just prevent it from happening again

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

It would be interesting to know what caused the issue? And knowing that it has happened before, why it took more than 20 hours to fix it?

Should have this thread stayed under the WvW section instead of being removed by the mods, maybe it would have got more attention, and fixed quicker?

As some people mentioned, a PvE bug in the living story gets patched within minutes, so how come this took almost a day, knowing that it was a critical bug to this weeks match up?

I am ashamed to see that WvW bugs are that the bottom of the barrel and get very little attention.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

(edited by Zylonite.5913)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Huh, so that’s what was happening. I thought it was weird that Blackgate was trailing TC in terms of score.