TD Chak Gerent Meta kicked everyone -

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Halfway during the Chak Gerent map meta, everybody in map got booted out.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s still a bug/design-flaw in megaserver in which people can join a map scheduled to be closed, without realizing it. That seems the most likely scenario.

I keep hoping ANet will be able to change this, so that

• Maps *never close within the period of 30 minutes before a meta begins to the last minute in which the meta might end.
  • Players are warned when entering a map scheduled to close.
  • There’s a map-wide announcement reminding folks of the closing, perhaps every 10 minutes and then every minutes for the last 5-10.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I don’t know about that. The map wasn’t full but it definitely wasn’t underpopulated. We had 4 tags up and were onto the second Gerent appearance when “Server lost connection” or something happened and we were all booted to the Order of Whispers Camp waypoint, including my squad’s lead.

Instead of map never closes before a meta begins, why not have a faster detection rate of the population within a map. I mean why go ahead to close when it has a sizeable population?

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It has nothing to do with “underpopulated” at the time of closure. The current mechanic is:

• Game identifies that there are multiple instances of the same map, with a total population well below the maximum if 2 or more were combined.
  • The map with the lowest population is scheduled to close within an hour.
  • People are able to volunteer to move from that instance (for a minor bonus).
  • New players entering the map are not warned, which makes it possible for a timed meta to start up and be partly completed.

I’m not against cancelling the closure of a map. I’m saying instead that regardless of any other mechanics, the map should never close while the meta is in progress.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”