TP: Min. sell price overwrites price entry

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

(I tried to see if this had already been reported — it seems very strange to me that it wouldn’t have, since it’s such an annoying issue — but in 10 pages of browsing the bugs forum I didn’t see anything about it, and I can’t spend the whole day on here looking for a thread that might not exist. Once again, if the forum search were fixed … that would be wonderful.)

The issue I’m having is when I want to sell something at a price that is higher than the minimum sell price, but the first digit of my chosen sell price is lower than the minimum sell price.

Take the following as an example:

I have an item that I want to sell for 50 copper. The minimum sell price is 20 copper. I double-click in the number field for copper to select the value already there, and start typing in my preferred sell price of 50 copper to overwrite it. I manage to type “5” before the error system kicks in, tells me that the minimum sell price is 20 copper, and force-overwrites what I was typing with “20”.

The only way I’ve found to get around this is by using the arrow keys next to the number fields, and because you seemingly can’t just click and hold an arrow to increment things quickly, you actually have to click over and over until you get to the value you want. Between 20 and 50 there’s only (“only”) 30 clicks, but when the difference is more like 90 we’re talking about a rather obvious usability issue, especially for people who use the TP often.

Now … am I missing something, or is this intended behaviour? And if it’s intended behaviour, why? o_O Why not at least wait for the field to fill up to its maximum capacity of 2 digits before you instigate that check for the minimum sell price? It didn’t use to work this way and the fact that it happens all the time now drives me bonkers.

Please feel free to let me know if mine is the only TP dialog behaving this way, or if there’s some other workaround or fact I’m missing that explains why (apparently) nobody else has commented on this issue … I’m happy to be proven wrong, I just want to avoid the unnecessarily RSI-inducing way I’m forced to interact with the TP at present.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

In the listings window on the right, you can just click on the other listings of 50 copper and the price for your items will adjust. I usually use that workaround, if i want to sell at a higher price than around the lowest listing.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

kaede.4751

Thanks for the response, Wanze. I usually undercut because I just want things to sell, I’m not so concerned about high profit margins (as long as there’s SOME profit, else I don’t bother with the TP). So there’s never a listing that matches what I want to enter. It can get me closer to the right value though, you’re right.

So I take it I’m not the only one this happens to? I wasn’t sure if it was a weird UI bug on my end.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There have been several threads on this issue, especially around the time of the major TP changes.

I usually click on the sell price, and then I can use the cursor (instead of clicking) to change the price down (or up) to the amount I want bypassing that odd anomaly.

Good luck.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thanks for the report and the suggested work-arounds.

I’ll see if this is a known issue or if we can have someone review to see if it’s “working as intended.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I usually highlight the 2 and type in 5 manually.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Ok, talked to the devs and this is a known issue. They’re looking at several possible fixes, but in the meantime, here are a few work-arounds that may help you:

• Your your mouse wheel over numbers
  • Select only the tens field and type the number
  • Select the field and use your arrow keys
Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

kaede.4751

Many thanks for the response and workaround tips, Gaile and others.