Tears of Itlaocol - torches won't lit

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

We copied the patterns from the stone face onto the ground, removed the extra tears away, but nothing happened. Again.
By the two torches already lit on the left side, i assume someone was there before us and messed something up – did something that bugged out the whole dungeon. No idea how it can be broken, intentionally or not, though.

~Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: DLoGaming.2419

DLoGaming.2419

Currently having this same issue on Devona’s Rest.

Posted by: Sunapollo.9152

Sunapollo.9152

It doesn’t work … bugged.. server Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Ebony.6720

Ebony.6720

Server – Stormbluff Isle – A guildie and I just tried to get this achievement done and came across the same issue for Tears of Itlaocol – the “face” has a pattern, and all of the stones are already in place upon the platforms. We tried removing them completly, placing them on other platforms, but nothing worked. Confirmed this is bugged.

(edited by Ebony.6720)

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

Once this bugs you have to wait for the next server reset. Its been a while since any update so this is bugged on every server.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Still bugged to this day, 1 pattern shows up but nothing happens when i put tears on platforms, guess ill have to wait for server restart to complete this, Quite a shame as this is fun enough, fix it pls.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Still bugged to this day, 1 pattern shows up but nothing happens when i put tears on platforms, guess ill have to wait for server restart to complete this, Quite a shame as this is fun enough, fix it pls.

Well there is definitely going to be a server reset today unless something really horrible happens. :P

Apparently there is an issue where the patterns do not change. You could try checking the wiki for all the patterns and trying all of them.

Posted by: zenekiel.3406

zenekiel.3406

You could try this solution.

After copying the pattern, pick up another tear then place it on an empty stone panel then pick it up again. If the torch still doesn’t light up, try it on another empty panel. Try it on all the empty panels until the torch lights up.

I hope this works for you too.

(edited by zenekiel.3406)

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Still bugged on many servers. Tried multiple suggestions from above & google.

Kaineng-home
Sea of Sorrows
Fort Aspenwood
Jade Quarry
Ferguson’s Crossing

Either torches wont light or the pattern isnt showing.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There’s two possible bugs here, so I’ll address them separately.

1. Putting the Tears in the right pattern does not cause the torches to light.

This may be an issue with detection. What I’ve done to get around this bug is put Tears onto ALL the stones, then remove the Tears one at a time to get back to the correct pattern. Note that it may take a couple seconds for the game to detect the right pattern and light the torch.

I do not know if the patterns must be done in a particular order. I’ve always done the left cheek first (from your perspective), followed by the right. It’s possible that the torches will not light up if you do them in the reverse order.

2. The patterns are not showing up on the statue’s face.

The patterns on the face tend to be identical each time. (There may be a small subset of workable patterns, but it’s been the same patterns each time on Tarnished Coast.) So what you can do is look up a solution for the puzzle on Youtube and follow the patterns shown on the face there. I managed to complete this mini dungeon twice even when it was bugged by this method.