Teleporting Hack in WvW? (w/ video)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Here’s a video I recorded fighting some people, and this ranger keeps teleporting out of combat… not only that, he’s blinking in and out as he does so.

Link here to video.

Here’s the link to the thread I made in the ranger’s forum on it. If you could delete that as well since it’s a duplicate thread, that’d be nice.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

It looked to me like he rather had DCd since he always returned from the spawnpoint, if he DCd he’d get booted from 3W and would come back from the spawnpoint once his connection is back it also took him around 45ish seconds to return wich would seem like a normal time to quickly log back and enter 3W again if he only lost connection for a short while.

Faux Sheaux.6179

If he DCd then he would have given me exp. When you quit out of combat while in WvW, it counts as a death.

Manekk.6981

If he DCd then he would have given me exp. When you quit out of combat while in WvW, it counts as a death.

Does it? ok then my guess is there is some bug preventing the xp from being distributed if someone DCs sometimes because he is clearly returning from the waypoint.

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

^ If you dc in combat, it kills you, and rewards exp, loot, etc to your killer. This was changed months ago to prevent people exploiting logging out to avoid dying.

Whatever the guy is doing is extremely shady and intentional on his end. Both times he only disappears when he is nearing death. Seems like he’s teleport hacking back into his spawn point and then coming back out when he’s healed back up.

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

Saw a mesmer doing this yesterday. It’s not limited to Rangers and yes, I personally think it’s a hack.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

Manekk.6981

I looked at the video again and changed my mind it defiently looks fishy because it happens at the exact same health for him could this be the infiltration runes maybe?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Infiltration

Anyone know how long the stealth lasts on it? it says the cd is 90s he does it again after just over a minute but it’s very possible that 90s is simply incorrect, if this cloak lasts long enough he could easily have ran down beside the cliff and ported back.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I say the cloak lasts no more than 10 sec and that it’s likely around 5 sec.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That couldn’t have worked Manekk, because then his pet wouldn’t have disappeared, because it wasn’t a Jaguar. Though if it’s the Ranger I’m thinking about Faux, then it’s the Ranger that we’ve been hearing about, the one that’s been hacking into keeps and whatnot.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

It can’t be any kind of cloaking skill because Faux gets put out of combat as soon as the guy disappears. A cloaking trait/skill would keep him in combat because the person he’s fighting is still nearby. If Faux got put out of combat the moment that guy disappeared it’s because he either A. D/Ced on the spot or B. traveled very far very quickly.

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

-suspicious on effect warp never see any class going cloaking like this it look freaking instant warp.(look carefuly at 0.50-1.00 did u see something like this b4?)
-rune of infiltration give cloaking at"lower90%HP" time2.05-2.11 enemy hp still have around20-30% and Faux Sheaux out of combat next 2sec after he out of screen and if enemy cloaking you and enemy still struck in combat untill one of them go far enough to out of combat.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Infiltration
-Ranger not have some kind of this 0.50-1.00 same at 2.05-2.11 that guy set something warp or hack or somewhat call suspicious out of combat when hp hit20%.
-Enemy DC? No if DC on combat = dead and Faux Sheaux must get exp and u see that ranger DC 2time in a row and he get nothing!! no it not DC.

Year can call haxx hack or somewhatever and let’s Anet check that guy fast.
If this program or somewhat on another class it hard to check.

(edited by Silverkung.9127)

Faux Sheaux.6179

I wish Devs would leave some sort of response. I’ve sent in report and haven’t gotten message back. I can’t report the player character because I don’t know who it is. I haven’t seen any responses to other similar complaints on this despite others with similar claims about other classes using this hack/exploit/bug/program/whatever you want to call it.

It’d be nice to know that they are at least aware of it.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Looks like a pretty clear case of using teleport hacks to me. Probably from that all-in-one cheat program. I really hope ANet implements some form of scan soon which can detect when an account is using third-party programs that hack into the game client.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

Bug subforum is being consistently ignored, try WvW one.

Posted by: ninro.2084

ninro.2084

A few days ago, I was fighting an ele with two friends on my side. We’re all almost absolutely sure he was hacking. One of my friends was a thief, he’s not full glass but he’s pretty high on damage, and although I can’t actually confirm this part, he claimed that one of his backstabs only did 200 damage.
When we did down him, he started using his mist form and then completely disappeared off the map, off the screen all around us. There’s absolutely no way you should even be able to stealth when you’re already downed and we’ve gotten pretty familiar with the game, we would’ve found him if it were that simple. To make things worse, this was in Yak’s Bend Borderland, and the ele was from Yak’s Bend. Less than a minute later, we found him at south-south camp which is way too far away from their citadel for him to have used any type of in-combat waypoint bug. We downed him quickly the second time and the exact same thing happened, downed mist-formed for one second and then disappeared Completely.

Posted by: noxx.1706

noxx.1706

Just fought a necro in WvW who was teleporting all over the place! Five of us were chasing him and unable to catch up to finish him off. Very frustrating -.-