Temple of Melandru

Temple of Melandru

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

The event timer lags dunno if has to do with all the players there, each time I do the event I always crash each time just before I can get to the rewards chest.

8GB ram
1GB on ATI 6870
Win 64bit
onboard sound
2 ssd’s in raid

Attachments:

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

Temple of Melandru

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Yup happened on Tarnished Coast tonight and a few guys with Anet tags were doing the event as well. Naturally I don’t expect more than a “Sorry about your experience. There’s nothing we can do but trust us, we’ll get right on top of fixing that.” Another disappointment with the game.

No chests after doing a lot of damage to roughly 5 champ spiders, no credit when the event finished nor a grand chest. The timer was even stuck at 0:00 for 5 minutes. Ridiculous Anet.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Temple of Melandru

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

What do you want them to say?

“We’re going to start fixing it tonight, so expect it to be perfect by morning”?
Judging by the number of things on their plate that seems a little unrealistic.

Granted, they should’ve released a bug-free version of the game from day one so they wouldn’t have had to juggle dozens of bug fixes, events, and new bugs at once, but there’s no going back now.

It is what it is, I suppose.

(edited by Theundersigned.4761)

Temple of Melandru

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

You’re not missing much. A lot of us who are doing the event, getting plenty of credit for kills, aren’t getting the reward and bonus chest, anyway.

Temple of Melandru

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well at least these are straight forward crashes. Just out of memory. You might find that surprising since you have 8gb but GW2 is still a 32bit program so it will run into that long before it gets anywhere near 8gb.

The possible workarounds are …
1) lower your settings
2) do the event on a less populated world
3) leave in the middle of the event and go back for the loot afterwards

As for people not getting credit I’ve noticed a possible issue the other day when using my engineer but any AoE heavy class is going to run into this. I noticed that despite a bajillion damage numbers showing up I didn’t get any credit for either of the champ spiders(I still got credit for the event and the chests). I am guessing all the useless adds ate all my damage so that while I was dealing a lot of damage it was all to things that didn’t give any credit.

Temple of Melandru

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

I’m thinking it may have to do more with the all the skill flash effects since culling is removed, maybe anet toning down on all the skill effects. Would help the players see what we are targeting in the big groups and cause less lag/skill lag.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Temple of Melandru

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’m thinking it may have to do more with the all the skill flash effects since culling is removed, maybe anet toning down on all the skill effects. Would help the players see what we are targeting in the big groups and cause less lag/skill lag.

Yes, your crashes would be related to culling be removed. With culling gone and depending on your Character Limit and Character Quality settings more people are showing up on screen so more memory is needed to store the armor texture, meshes for the character model, weapon model, weapon meshes and whatever else might be needed to render a character. Depending on how the engine handles things the additional spiderlings and summons might contribute to the problem as well.