"Temple of the Forgotten God" is unplayable!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Skystorm.8621

Skystorm.8621

Hello ArenaNet,

I tried the story quest “Temple of the Forgotten God” like 3 times now, and everytime something else didn’t work.

The first two times, I couldn’t proceed because the dialog option “activate the switch” was missing.

After the third time I stopped trying to play your buggy game. Now it wasn’t even possible to select the shrine.

Something is seriously broken with your game.

Posted by: Raigai.4218

Raigai.4218

Just to comfort you.. It still hasn’t been fixed. I’ve had that problem for half a year now. Not even interested to see the rest of the story anyway. I heard the Zhaitan fight was nothing short of a disappointment.

Posted by: Xander.3519

Xander.3519

I’m having the same issue right now too… Anet needs to fix this, a year and a half long issue… really Anet..?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Anet wont fix anything, look at the search on this forum, never ever worked so dont hold ur breath on this one!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I’ve done this story on about 5 of my chars, and helped several friends with it. Its never bugged out for me. I’m sorry you’re having these problems.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I just did this with my brother and originally, we met the same problem as described by the OP.

However, my bro went swimming around that first room just spamming ‘F’ and at some location he was able to get the obelisk activated and we cleared the instance without further issue.

I hope this will help some of you who are stuck.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

If the obelisk won’t let you interact with it, it means that there are some enemies that are still alive in the area.

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

I posted this a while back but I will copy it in here:

This issue appears to be random as some people complete the mission after their first try while others take multiple attempts.

Problem 1: Enemies in 1st Shrine Room
After the first cutscene and first fight, we go into the first Abaddon Shrine room. This room from what I gather has you kill 4 (3 and the rotmouth) enemies before the “Activate the switch” option appears on the shrine. However, after killing all 4, the text box does not pop up. The enemies in this room have a tendency of hiding in the walls, floor, and pillars of this room, but again, the issue appears to be random.

Problem 2: Dialogue
This is where everyone is getting stuck even after killing the enemies. An audio dialogue pops up for Sayeh after you take out the Orrian Crab group (first group of enemies you face in the mission outside of the Shrine). After you defeat those enemies, Sayeh should say the following:

• The Risen have reactivated the temple defenses. It may slow us down.
  • However, they did find the altar. We can do the same

She needs to say those 2 statements above before she says:

• A most interesting shrine. What is its purpose?

After scrolling through the main chat log, it only successfully worked when she said that which means something is stopping her progress in that dialogue for some reason or another

(edited by Outlaw.3421)

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Hi Jeffrey, I experienced it in a different order. The Obelisk became interact-able and then a Risen Sea Scorpion appeared out of an apparently clear room and attacked us.

I’m pretty sure of that order because I was beside the obelisk and saw it become interact-able. I swam toward my brother’s toon on the other side of the room asking him what he did to get it unlocked and halfway the sea-scorpion appeared and we fought it.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I had this problem about a year ago. One of the enemies was stuck inside the ceiling.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Yes it is possible to push enemies through walls with knockback skills underwater, especially if you pick up the weapons in the environment. I had that happen, and fortunately, the enemy from the obelisk reappeared to attack me after about 5-10 minutes (I waited to see if this would happen, or if the npc would kill it, as the npc also followed the enemy through the wall). It’s likely that the risen though would not reappear.

Underwater fighting, while I actually like it, is very prone to this issue.

Also, as Outlaw pointed out, those sequences must occur for it to continue. It is generally random, but many story missions can be ‘bugged’ by killing too fast before the script activates.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Occasionally enemies may spawn in the ceiling/walls. this may prevent progression.

Also, i know that several players get lost after the second obelisk since there is no cutscene showing where players need to go.

These are just some helpful hints….. i have experienced bugs with this mission and had to replay it a few times myself…. but as far as i can tell those issues have been resolved a long time ago.