Temples Melandru, Dwayna, & Lyssa bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

This is way past being acceptable on Tarnished Coast. The following temples are, and have been, bugged/broken/stuck for some time now. Each with its own special problem that has been blocking progress and severely hindering the ability to earn dragonite ore.

Do you suppose that anet might want to get up fix these, maybe someday? I didn’t even do a search to see if its been posted in this forum yet as many of us have been submitting bug reports via the ingame system.

Posted by: Lucky Shot.8740

Lucky Shot.8740

All 3 are bugged on Blackgate as well. Add on Ogre Wars and Commisar to the list on top of the 3 mentioned above.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

I believe ANet has what they need to fix Dwayna, and its just a matter of time for the fix to work through the process (I’d guesstimate 2-3 game updates before we see a fix) For now just make sure the historian stays out of the priestess fight and at full health, and it won’t glitch on you.

I’ve seen Melandru in a glitched state, but I’ve little idea what the mechanic is, other than the event to take it never kicks off despite the town being open. I’ll wager ANets job of fixing it will be a hundred times easier with details of how it enters a glitched state. (Are we missing some subtle dependency on other events? Doubtful…)

For that matter, I’ve only seen Lyssa stuck once or twice, and not all that recently. Would you care to elaborate on how Lyssa is stuck, and if possible, how it becomes stuck?

Seriously, folks. If you grumble “it borken, please fix!” about meta-events without saying how they are borken, the odds of them being fixed at all are very low. If you can explain in good detail not just how they are broken, but how these actually become broken, the odds of a lasting fix in a reasonable timeframe (probably 2-6 game updates) becomes very high.
//Portable Corpse

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Melandru and Dwayna are buggy on Drakkar-Lake as well. And since yesterday Balthazar, too.

Yamagawa.5941

Balth buggy?

The only reproducible bug @ Balth that I’ve seen, is where an NPC at south invasion dies, making the event unfailable until reset, while still allowing easy completion of the event chain. Add that there are 1,2,3 – 3 invasion paths, and any one is sufficient to open the temple (although if 2 become stuck, I believe the third may implicitly become stuck too).

Again people: Details! How are these temples getting stuck?
//Portable Corpse

Lucky Shot.8740

Again people: Details! How are these temples getting stuck?
//Portable Corpse

In game bug reports were sent on these which has included any observations that were available. I did not post my followup to entertain or educate you, merely to indicate that these issues noted in the initial post are happening on more than one server.

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

For that matter, I’ve only seen Lyssa stuck once or twice, and not all that recently. Would you care to elaborate on how Lyssa is stuck, and if possible, how it becomes stuck?

Seriously, folks. If you grumble “it borken, please fix!” about meta-events without saying how they are borken, the odds of them being fixed at all are very low. If you can explain in good detail not just how they are broken, but how these actually become broken, the odds of a lasting fix in a reasonable timeframe (probably 2-6 game updates) becomes very high.
//Portable Corpse

This has been done very elaborately via the in game bug report system multiple times especially when it comes to the temple of Lyssa.
The forums are being used, as far as I am concerned, as a last ditch frustrated as hell effort to bring this to anets attention.

In as such I also do not feel the need to educate, or be berated by, you in an effort to try and get multiple broken/bugged/stuck/kittened up meta events fixed by a company that just doesn’t seem to give a flying kitten that their product has been degrading right before our vey eyes.

But you can sure as hell bet the farm that if any of these meta events being broken had anything to do with the TP or buying gems it would have already been taken care of.

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

The most frustrating thing is that temples and a few other world events are the only practical way to get Dragonite Ore and 3/5 of bugged on TC/JQ/SOR/BG (the 4 biggest NA servers)

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

… their product has been degrading right before our vey eyes.

You know… I’m glad I’m not the only person that has been noticing this. It almost seems like it’s deliberate. As if Anet has a saboteur in their ranks breaking things faster than they can be fixed. And I’m being serious! Over the last couple of months, more and more areas of the game are having minor to game breaking/serious failings. WTH is going on behind Anet’s doors?

If needed, Anet, please push the Dec. 10th update ahead as to try to make sure it’s not going to be the “Mother” of all bug infested updates.

IMHO… forget new content; do bug fixes, because your product is heavily infested.

Moonlight [THRU]

Yamagawa.5941

@ Diabolus,

Part of what this forum does is let us players collaborate and corroborate. By omitting all detail from your posts here, you allow neither.

Some of the event chains are complex and have hidden dependencies (Balthazar is this way) In some instances, there’s a trick to clear a stuck state, or the event isn’t stuck at all, it’s merely waiting on an unclear dependency.

Diabolus, do you want help, or do you want to vent? I’ll help with the former, not the latter.
//Portable Corpse

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus, do you want help, or do you want to vent? I’ll help with the former, not the latter.
//Portable Corpse

Thank you for the offer but unless you work for anet I don’t want your help. You obviously didn’t read my whole post. The specifics have already been given to anet via the in game bug report system.

So now I am back to seeing why I have always thought the forums were/are a waste of time, replies like yours that just aggravate.

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend

r,

dak

Yamagawa.5941

The most frustrating thing is that temples and a few other world events are the only practical way to get Dragonite Ore and 3/5 of bugged on TC/JQ/SOR/BG (the 4 biggest NA servers)

Lies:
JQ: 4/5 working. Grenth: Open. Melandru: I’m in a large zerg busy opening it, Lyssa Open. Dwayna Bugged, and Balth was opened yesterday, only issue being a dispute over which players got it open.

SOR: 3/5 working Lyssa, Grenth, Balth: Working. Dwayna/Melandru: Bugged. Grenth: Either open or recently opened, Balth, looks like it may have been open this weekend.

Yes, it’s a problem.
Yes, it’s on their radar.
Yes (grumble) it’s the holiday season, so times needed to fix things necessarily go up. :S
//Portable Corpse

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Dwayna on Maguuma has been bugged for 226+ hours. That’s more than 9 days.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

@Diabolus: I read that all details has been sent through ingame report, but “also” posting details here helps a lot in case other people also experiences it. If they also know more about the issues you are getting they can also confirm or give more details or tell about workarounds or if it’s even an issue or not. Forums are a collaborative thing and no one can help another if they don’t know what others are experiencing.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Melandru and Dwayna are both ‘stuck’ on Sanctum of Rall and have been for hundreds of hours. This is an unacceptable length of time for no fix to be applied. Please fix them ASAP.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

No response from A-Net.

Ah glad to see it’s going to take me even longer to get ore for the upcoming ascended gear.

Anyone know servers the events are not bugged on?

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Yamagawa.5941

No response from A-Net.

Hum, topic started Saturday.
It is now Sunday.
I don’t expect replies on either of those days…. something about the bulk of the staff at most companies having normal work hours, incidentally not including 100% of the hours presently passed since the original message was posted.

While your statement makes for good drama, its not productive.

Ah glad to see it’s going to take me even longer to get ore for the upcoming ascended gear.

Anyone know servers the events are not bugged on?

Finding servers with working temples isn’t hard. I regularly run crawls on servers with 4 or more working temples. GW2Stuff.com has good info on most of the temples (I find detail on Grenth a bit lacking, but it doesn’t glitch so I don’t worry much about it).
//Portable Corpse

Posted by: posidenii.8279

posidenii.8279

Finding servers with working temples isn’t hard. I regularly run crawls on servers with 4 or more working temples. GW2Stuff.com has good info on most of the temples (I find detail on Grenth a bit lacking, but it doesn’t glitch so I don’t worry much about it).
//Portable Corpse

By your logic, most game bugs with workarounds will not be fixed. I don’t think that’s good philosophy to live because standards seems a bit low.

If an event is suppose to function a certain way by design. It should function that way.

swiftpaw.6397

No response from A-Net.

It is now Sunday.
I don’t expect replies on either of those days…. something about the bulk of the staff at most companies having normal work hours, incidentally not including 100% of the hours presently passed since the original message was posted.

Hum, since when was aggressively defending Arena Net in every post productive?

The actual temple issue has been around for a good amount of time regardless of how old this particular thread is.

Also, there is a function for putting in a forum signature without having to manually type it every time you post.

//Portable Corpse

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

No response from A-Net.

It is now Sunday.

Hum, since when was aggressively defending Arena Net in every post productive?

The actual temple issue has been around for a good amount of time regardless of how old this particular thread is.

//Portable Corpse

It is disturbing that no matter what goes wrong with the game there are fan boys/girls who will try and tell you that it’s either not as bad as you think it is or that you just don’t know what you’re talking about and often they will be very rude about it.

(edited by Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379)

Yamagawa.5941

Diabolus, I am trying to keep a constructive conversation going here.

Please allow me to be direct here:
Insulting the individuals who are responsible for fixing this is#^@%&* stupid.

I’ve worked in tech support myself, and its amazing how often words like these are spoken: “You are an incompetent high-school dropout with no ability to think and you have zero no justification for a job. Now help me fix my computer.” This coming from a complete stranger the moment I answer the phone.

Now tell me, why should I bother helping that person?

After all the insults and irrational complaints, why should Anet bother helping us? As players, we would just find that “gee, the squeaky wheel gets the grease” and become more irrational in the future. That kind of cycle must be nipped in the bud, and either we players do that ourselves, or ANet will do it for us. None of us want the latter.

Believe me, when ANet does does poorly, I tell them. But I do not do it in the forum where we go to them for help with the things that only they can fix.

Irrational complaints and broken logic have no place here, and serve nothing but discord. Take them elsewhere.

//Portable Corpse

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Wow…. It’s like clapping with one hand = pointless.

Portable Corpse you are the only person in this thread that has insulted anyone and been incredibly rude to other posters.

You can self police the forums all you want, but remember it’s not your place to tell anyone to take their “complaints and broken logic elsewhere” as you have absolutely no power or control over these forums. So have a good day and enjoy yourself.

Serenity Now, Serenity Now

(edited by Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379)

swiftpaw.6397

Hum. Errant Venture lied grossly about temple statuses.
Posidenii has quoted me out of context and drawn false conclusions (read: lies).
Diabolus is clearly as much a troll as the other two. He’s just better at it.

It is not ‘supporting Anet’ to point out lies or answer questions.
Good day to you sirs.
//Portable Corpse

How convenient that anyone who doesn’t agree with you is a ‘troll’.

Lucky Shot.8740

No one claimed that anet devs were…

“You are an incompetent high-school dropout with no ability to think and you have zero no justification for a job.

But someone did allege that posters here said…

If you grumble “it borken, please fix!”

…as if the posters in this thread were some kind of high school dropouts, incapable of spelling broken.

People are just trying to raise awareness of some issues that they are seeing in the hopes of a quicker resolution than 6 updates from now even if it’s just temporary, such as having the zone reset. Being passive aggressive towards people who are looking to get back to the game they enjoy really isn’t constructive.

(edited by Lucky Shot.8740)