Tequatl Achievement "Flawless Defense" bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Grandpa SaVa.5096

Grandpa SaVa.5096

Hi,

I finished the last achievement in the Tequatl list, “Flawless Defense”.

I received all the accomplishment reward chests, yet in the achievement panel the achievement is still incomplete, the “Flawless Defense” is still highlighted as incomplete…

Opened in-game bug and web ticket.

Posted by: Illumine Sparkler.6019

Illumine Sparkler.6019

without standing there and watching the count for how many turrets are up the entire fight its almost impossible to confirm this. one single turret goes down at any point and the achievement is failed even if they are rebuilt straight away.

Leader of GOLD (Guardians Of Lost Deities)
Whiteside Ridge server
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Grandpa SaVa.5096

I would usually agree with you on that one, but the game system itself confirmed that I completed the achievement.

This was the last achievement that I needed to complete, and as I wrote, upon the death of Teq I received all the achievements chests rewards.

Since it was the last one, and since I did not nothing other then defend the cannons during the run, I can say it was bugged.

The most any one cannon got was 50% before I got to it, even during the phases of protecting the three points I kept with the cannons – none of them was destroyed in this battle.

Illumine Sparkler.6019

there are 2 defence teams, can you 100% confirm that you covered the repairs on both sets of turrets and that none of them went down at any point, its a large area to cover.

the chests you get have nothing to do with achievements they are for successfully completing the defence stages, there is no item reward for completing the achievements only the sunbringer title for completing 10 achievements.

as I don’t know what class and build you are I tested the run with 0 swiftness and it takes 42 seconds (with no stopping to repair) to run from one end of the turrets through to the last turret on other defence and back, from my experience that is more than enough time to lose a turret and get it back.

Whiteside Ridge server

(edited by Illumine Sparkler.6019)

Grandpa SaVa.5096

Hi, thank for your reply mate.
I used a warrior with the warhorn and speed buff.
As to your questions:
1. The chests that you receive at the end of an achievement provide you with “Gifts” that you then open and receive what is inside the gifts.
2. Along with those, I also received the usual chest of the 1 item that indicated that Teq was dead.
3. Yes I can 100% confirm that no cannon was destroyed.
4. Been playing the game since the first week it was released my friend, I know which chest is provided when – and yes you receive gifts chests when you accomplish Teq achievements.

Grandpa SaVa.5096

Oh, and one more thing, along with me running like crazy through all cannons, the count never went down from 6.

Illumine Sparkler.6019

im afraid just because you played since the start doesn’t mean your info is correct, if there is a chest for any achievement then there is a small chest icon in the achievement panel which you can hover over to see what the item is, no teq achievements have this.

not saying that what your saying is wrong about what you were doing, but it must be difficult to perma watch the count, use your skills for speed boost and repair, could have missed one.

Whiteside Ridge server

Grandpa SaVa.5096

I am afraid it could be that I am using the wrong terms, maybe now it will be more correct:

• First I would not open a forum post if I thought that it was something that I missed.
    This achievement is tricky and I worked a while (with several failures) while trying to complete it.
  • When I mean an “achievement chest” I actually mean the little blue chest that is displayed above the mini map upon completing certain tasks – for example upon completing exploring a map.
  • When you complete an achievement (for example any achievement from Tequatl list) you receive such a chest (again, the blue chest above the mini map).
  • Now, upon completing the the “Flawless Defense” achievement, which again I say is the LAST achievement in the list – I received the "blue chest above the mini map – which indicate that indeed the achievement was completed.
  • I will say again, as to make sure mate, I do appreciate your feedback here but I would not again open a post if I thought that it was because of a mistake that I have done.
    As I wrote I tried many times to complete this achievement – this time I did.
  • And one more thing, there is a spot in which you can stand and overview both side, all six cannons and their health – leading to a quick run when all the speed buffs active, you can reach each cannon before it goes beyond 50% – you should try it.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

@Grandpa: Hm. It seems you are confusing Achievment chests with Daily boss chests.

There are no Achievment chests linked to Tequatl achievments. The final reward you get from Tequatl is “The Sunbringer” title.

With that said, you do get chests every time you kill Teq. If you were there the whole time, and helped in each Battery defense phase, you get a “Dragon chest” for each one (blue, green, yellow) + the actual kill (orange). These chest appear above your minimap, and you also get a huge chest lying on the ground near the shore (so 4 chests above minimap, 1 on the ground).

These chests are because you killed Teq, and not because you completed an Achievment. Even if you have all Achievments done, you can still get these chests daily if you kill Tequatl.

With all that said: Getting a chest above your minimap or on the ground does not confirm that you got an achievment – it just means you defeated Teq.

I’m not saying that the achie isn’t bugged or aything, but the chests have nothing to do with it.

(edited by Bubi.7942)

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

They’re right – you don’t get a chest for getting all the achievements.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tequatl

There was a chest back when it was Dragon week (the wings) when Tequatl was newly updated.

The event’s probably bugged in some way, try again tonight? Different parts of that entire event have been bugged and fixed over the last few months.

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

(edited by telliani.5902)

Grandpa SaVa.5096

Bubi and teliani, thanks for your reply mates.

Either it is something new from the latest feature pack, or something is very off.

Back over 6 months ago when I finished achievements on Teq I agree I received nothing except for seeing the achievements completed.

But since I came back after the new feature pack, for every achievement that I completed I receive a “Blue Chest” above my mini-map, it looks identical to the chest you receive after completing a map exploration task.
(The chest for killing a world boss/end of dungeon is a “Brown Chest”).

Maybe its new, I have no idea – if you m8s have a chance please try to finish these achievements yourselves and you will see that I am right.

Best example was when I finish the Achievement for jumping over the tidal wave 10 times.

I completed it and the moment that it was completed (during the battle) a “Blue Chest” was available for me above the mini-map.
(These “Blue Chests” hold a “gift box” that when opened provide a random item/s).

Same was for the achievement with the treasure chest underwater and the achievement for dodging Teq tail and shooting one of the cannons.

So probably its something new that Anet added.

I wish I could provide a screenshot, but I have completed these achievements…

If you m8s have an account that these achievements are not completed on, please try to complete one, you will see.

P.S. before replying I tried to find in the new feature pack something about these “blue chests” but found nothing… You need to try it to see it…

telliani.5902

I already have all the achievements – the blue one is just odd for sure (I was rather confused by you saying you were getting chests like that). I know we were getting new chests with finishing story achievements when redoing the missions in Dry Top.

Maybe that’s the bug in of itself right there?

I just finished, this weekend, the achievement for killing all of those floating spawns of Cthulhu (the wind riders) and got no blue chest, just the points for finishing the category. Only time I do get blue chests is map completions.

Grandpa SaVa.5096

Hi, I think I got it now – my mistake about 1 thing – the color of the chests is brown not blue…

But I took screenshots of what happens.

In screenshot one you will see the chests that I received upon finishing the achievement yet again (this time got the title and all) – as you can see 3 chests, each with a gift package inside.

In screenshot two you will see the usual chest that we receive when killing a world boss (screenshot from the “Frozen Maw” boss).

Bottom line, this time (again alone) I got the title – so all is good, but first time there was a bug – it was conducted in the exact same manner.

Thank you for all the feedback, I really appreciate the help

Attachments:

telliani.5902

Yes, those chests are what you get when defeating Tequatl, has nothing to do with the achievement There are usually 4, 3 for the defend the mega lazor events where you run back to kill undead, then 1 more for beating the dragon itself, then the large one on the ground.

Those you get once a day for doing the big event.

Bubi.7942

Yes, those chests are what you get when defeating Tequatl, has nothing to do with the achievement There are usually 4, 3 for the defend the mega lazor events where you run back to kill undead, then 1 more for beating the dragon itself, then the large one on the ground.

Those you get once a day for doing the big event.

Exactly.

Now that you got all achies try to do Teq again. You’ll still recieve these chest upon killing (or even failing but reaching and doing battery phases) him.

Congrats on completing the achie

Grandpa SaVa.5096

Hi m8s,

Wanted to say again thanks for all the feedback

1 question remains, why did I receive these chests upon completing basic Teq achievements – like shooting from the turret or jumping over the tidal wave?

(those chests were displayed during the battle – so definitely not related to completing the kill…)

But no matter what, finally done with this achievement, time to complete the others

Bubi.7942

My best guess would be that it might have been the Daily achievment chest, that you happened to got on completing one of the Teq achies (with Daily events being 5/5 or Daily leveler/dodger,condie applier). That chest looks like exactly the ones you get from Teq.

But it’s just a guess.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Hi m8s,

Wanted to say again thanks for all the feedback

1 question remains, why did I receive these chests upon completing basic Teq achievements – like shooting from the turret or jumping over the tidal wave?

(those chests were displayed during the battle – so definitely not related to completing the kill…)

But no matter what, finally done with this achievement, time to complete the others

There weren’t any chests for completing those achievements; you simply got a pop up notice in the lower right corner saying you got the achievement. Any chest that popped up was probably just a coincidence (either an AP chest or daily/monthly completion chest).