Tequatl Bug

Tequatl Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Marco.8209

Marco.8209

The last 25% he just disappeared, we where still able to hit him…

Attachments:

Irelia The Frozen || Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks [AOD] ~ [DKB]
http://www.twitch.tv/marcovd226

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Darkringsvk.2740

Darkringsvk.2740

The same on Desolation

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

happened on JQ also
he never activated the 3rd turret/battery defence so when we killed him we got the blue green and exotic chest (kinda funny that i got my teq hoard on the time he glitches)

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: IYIFlame.2971

IYIFlame.2971

Will devs not care enough to even post a reply..it’s been half a week now with this bug seriously why is it still ingame

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

We had that bug happen to us like two month ago as well. Did the timer stop as well? Did he stop attacking? When it occurred to us, he also quickly reappeared after we got him down to 25%, just to smash the megalaser and get invisible again. After that we could attack him on the previous spot. But at least we got him down and got the reward.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Dexlmentia.7391

Dexlmentia.7391

A very pressing question is whether or not Anet considers killing Teq when this bug occurs to be an exploit. One major Teq killing guild has temporarily suspended Teq runs over that concern.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Some additional details about the state the event was in when the bug occurred will greatly help us track and narrow down exactly what’s happening. Some things to consider:

• What state was the event in when the bug concurred?
    • Did you push TQ to 25% while he was still in his weakened state?
  • Did the timer remained paused as though to kick off the Battery events, but nothing happened?
  • Does this only occur at 25%? Has anyone seen the same issue at 50%?

Any additional details you can think of go a long way in tracking down bugs reported on the forums!

Tequatl Bug

Dexlmentia.7391

Crystal, thank you for the response, but we really need to know if people should be concerned about potential bans in the short term. If large Teq killing guilds suspend Teq runs over fear of bans, then the best opportunity for credible information about what exactly is happening is lost.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Starsicle.2895

Starsicle.2895

Some additional details about the state the event was in when the bug occurred will greatly help us track and narrow down exactly what’s happening. Some things to consider:

• Did the timer remained paused as though to kick off the Battery events, but nothing happened?

Any additional details you can think of go a long way in tracking down bugs reported on the forums!

Saw this the other day on an overflow with him bugging at 50% (burned from 75 to 50 with weakness, I believe)
Everyone ran to batteries and timer stopped as normal, but then restarted again without the defense phase happening and teq was invisible but hittable.
Went to 25 and had a normal defense phase, then invisible teq came back and was killed. Loot was as normal, except for the absence of the green dragon chest, presumably because the 2nd defense event was nonexistent.

The part that I believe would/does concern most people was that after the 25% defense phase, the timer stopped visibly moving. No idea if there was an internal timer still working or not cause I didn’t time how long the final phase took, but people might see this as an unintentional exploit if there wasn’t.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

From yesterday’s kill on Jade Quarry [reset +1 hr] .
An ANET person saw the final stages of the bug and Teq was being killed whilst invisible – big TY that this person popped in whilst the bug was occurring.

What state was the event in when the bug happened?

The sequence was as follows:
Teq DPS/burn phase first 25% as usual.
First battery phase as normal.
Teq now is in the “stun” phase (visible)

The Zerg pushes a massive burn/stun phase (they complete a 26% of health loss before Teq exits his stun phase- he had not moved his tail or lifted his foot).
Tequatl flies off as If the 2nd battery phase was going to start.

The battery phase does not startup (the timer does not stop and keeps going).
Tequatl is invisible and in position as he usually would be after a battery phase.

Q: Did you push TQ to 25% while he was still in his weakened state?
- We pushed him from 50% to 0% in a state where Tequatl was invisible and could not be directly targeted. There are no Shockwaves being produced as Teq is invisible and not moving on the map. The Zerg is kept fully buffed on a DPS spot doing damage.
Bone walls form as turret operators cannot target Teq – the DPS Zerg has to clear these then restack to kill Teq (in a special spot).

Did the timer remained paused as though to kick off the Battery events, but nothing happened?
- No. The timer continues as normal. Scales continue to build up on Teq (invisible).
Teq fails to produce any meaniful damage outputs (fears, Shockwaves, foot stomps).
The final kill time was a lot slower than it would have normally been.

Does this only occur at 25%? Has anyone seen the same issue at 50%?
- We have seen the issue occur after the 75-50% hp (first stun phase) [JQ Server]

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

That should not be a concern because we lose a chest if the battery phase is unable to start.

Anyway, more information is found here: Game Bugs > Tequatl bugged

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: IYIFlame.2971

IYIFlame.2971

Thank you for the reply, it has bugged for me multiple times so here is the info I can share – he bugged after playing the animation for kicking off the battery phase but sometimes doesn’t even finish the animation but instead just goes invisible.
The battery event never actually starts and the timer of the event continues counting down. During this time Tequatl is actually where he was before but doesn’t do any of his attacks and cannot be targeted as he is invisible. He can be hit with aoe attacks tho if you stand at the right place( next to his feet ). His armored scales do go up and every now and again the wall spawns.
Bug has happened when he was at 50% hp as well although less frequently.
If we manage to still kill him we do get the daily chest as well as additional chests but only for the phases that triggered, so even if we kill him if he bugs at 50% hp we only get blue and exotic present.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

As noted above Teq bugs in the following scenario.

We start as normal, burning tequatl down to 75% with the zerg, and turrets firing to disperse his skills.

First Battery defence runs as normal, we complete it successfully and run back to beach to burn tequatl while stunned. We do enough damage to burn all the way through his health to drop him to 50%, before he wakes up from stun (if we do not burn him down before he wakes up, the event doesn’t bug). He flies off as to start a battery phase, and vanishes, the defence event does NOT come up, time keeps ticking.

While time is continuing to tick we stand on the spot where tequatl usually is on the ground and damage, the timer continues to tick, this is a slow and akward process, and bone walls go up periodically as turrets cannot reduce scales.

When Tequatl hits 25% health, he appears briefly, flies off and vanishes, the turrets defence flash up, then back off, and time remains stopped. The animation appears to be the failure animation. Tequatl is no where to be seen. We can continue to hit tequatl on his spot on the beach and kill him, and successfully get the rewards for killing tequatl, but losing out on a small chest for successfully defeating a battery phase (I think it was the rare one I didn’t get).

PS apologies for the mess of text, I cannot seem to get the formatting to continue to number correctly

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

(edited by Calvinthesneak.5839)

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

On our side, we have the feeling that the bug appears when there are too many DPS once Tequatl is stunned (after going back to the beach once the battery defense is ended).

It happened after the first battery defense yesterday (on fort ranik).

(edited by SRG.3607)

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: naia.4601

naia.4601

I can also vouch for the things people are saying above. I also second that I think it’s specifically too much DPS during the burn phase. If he’s given the chance to get out of his stun and can do his shockwave attack, the event goes as normal. I’ve been able to fight him without him bugging out and him bugging out and that seems to be the difference.

Aside from the invisible Teq, the voice overs that normally warn the players of his actions i.e. breathing/shockwave etc do not say anything other than warning “the Target is in the air” when the battery phase SHOULD begin. This may be obvious, but this may help in finding where in the code things are freaking out.

I should also point out that when he does reappear after the 25% battery phase he appears where the zerg is, not necessarily where he’s supposed to land. whatever battery phase that gets missed the player does not get a dragon chest for, but will get the others.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: ratche.6204

ratche.6204

so is doing Teq during this time something that could get one banned?

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Hair Composts.7062

Hair Composts.7062

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Tequatl-bug/page/2 Many details and discriptions, even a video….. but here we go again:

- This bug occurs when tequatl get too much damage after the battery phase and he gets to the next battery phase without getting in his “normal” status again.

-The next 25% Tequatl remains invisible. He gets vunerable after the first bonwall spawnes and gets destroyed but not targetable. Timer still runing and we do low dps like in “normal” stage.

-when he hits the next 25% tequatl reapears and the timer stucks at the time where the 25% mark hit. this stage can only be there when he did not bug after the 75%-50% stage. Again low dps like in “normal” stage.

If you want us to we can reproduce the bug and record it again. (we got a second video that is not postet in the other thread jet. I am gonna do it tonight.)

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

can we get an update on this? this will be fixed anytime soon?

Tequatl Bug

Dexlmentia.7391

A fix is obviously ideal, but, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it would be very nice to know if this might be considered an exploit in the meantime. I don’t understand Anet’s reticence to comment on at least that aspect of the problem.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

TTS is running this again, very carefully. Just don’t burn so much that he hits 75% before flying off.

We are currently unaware of any incoming fix, though we can hope that on Tuesday something might be included.

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

A fix is obviously ideal, but, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it would be very nice to know if this might be considered an exploit in the meantime. I don’t understand Anet’s reticence to comment on at least that aspect of the problem.

Logically speaking, since Teq doesnt start the fight bugged at all, there’s no issue of exploitation when you start. The issue of possible exploitation is if you burn Teq from the 75% or 50% battery phase to the 50% or 25% battery phase so fast he has no chance to “shake off” the stun and send out the shockwaves again. When that happens, Teq BECOMES bugged, it’s at this point you can now be considered exploiting the bug. As a result you’ve got a player’s responsibility (wont use ‘obligation’ since some players take offense to the idea behind it) to consider the run a failure and leave the event radius.
Now, people that dont leave and continue hitting Teq, it’s a crapshoot for them because of several things. It’s really is hard to tell if teq was bugged to avoid battery phases, or just burned that hard at once. Additionally, anet may consider you exploiting if you simply stay in the area, keep hitting Teq (even if the event ultimately fails), or successfully beat Teq while he’s bugged.

Avoiding the bug is fairly simple though, dont drop conjured weapons (eles) until the last burn, and dont use consumables (ogre whistle, mortar kit, etc), until the last phase.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

A fix is obviously ideal, but, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it would be very nice to know if this might be considered an exploit in the meantime.

Calling it an exploit is not precise, since there is no advantage to the outcome. You either lose one of the chest, and the group will struggle to quickly DPS the bugged Tequatl against a short running time, potentially losing the Dragon Chest as well.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: shawnyckz.2479

shawnyckz.2479

Was this fixed in the most recent patch? Had a few failed runs due to people being afraid to do too much DPS in case they bug it…

Mous̩y РGuardian & Mouse Was Taken/Magnanimouse РEle
Guild Leader of Tyrian Elite Unit [TEU] & Team Leader @ gw2community.com

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

Can we please get an update on this? We’re completely screwed on doing this event when we’re having to be worried about doing too much damage and getting in trouble for a bug that’s your all’s fault.

Tequatl Bug

Posted by: whenfirecomes.7963

whenfirecomes.7963

Bug happened again on Desolation.

Some word on this would indeed be nice.