Tequatl The Invisible

Tequatl The Invisible

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Hi ANet team, players,

I saw that there’s a thread about the bug with the laser (haven’t paid attention so I won’t comment on this), but I’m surprised there’s not thread about Tequatl becoming invisible after the defense phase.

Basically, what happens is this:

• Defense phase kicks in after his hp reaches 75%;
  • People successfully defend the batteries and laser and move back to double damage spot;
  • You pick your reason for the bug:
    # Some say it is caused by excessive damage dealt to Tequatl;
    # Or maybe just a wrong behaviour by the code;
  • When it’s time for Teq to come back to “life” and everyone to go to their positions, we instead get the animation where he takes off again while in fact, he, as an object, he is still on the same place (also shown there on the mini map)
  • Bone walls are spawned randomly afterwards, the usual rotation is DPS -> Destroy bone wall -> back to DPSing invisible Tequatl;
  • Defense phase kicks in again, upon successful defending the laser, Tequatl lands?! again and you just DPS him to death.

Bonus chest rewards usually get bugged too and you only get two chests as a reward.

My complaint here, and probably the complaint of many players who do Tequatl on daily basis just for the challenge, is not about the bug with the rewards that occurs, but with the fact that simply stacking under his head and bashing him to death takes away the fun of actually participating in the kill process of one of the hardest champions in-game. Not to mention that many of the achievements required for the “The Sunbringer” title are also nearly impossible to get facing the current problem.

I would be grateful if we get a response from the ANet team if they’re aware of this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Aurora/Winter

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Eye Two.1538

Eye Two.1538

I know bug Teq… Random chest hate

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I was actually surprised that Anet fixed the laser bug before the invisible bug. Due to the extra damage from the laser Tequatl is even more susceptible to become invisible now.

I am quite convinced that this bug is caused by exceeding the damage thresholds during the burn phase. The game doesn’t trigger “the battery phase” if the burn phase goes over the percentage (50% and 25%). Instead, the game thinks the next burn phase has started and puts Tequatl in limbo.

This is what I believe the developers need to do in order to fix this bug:

During burn phase, when Tequatl’s healthbar reaches 50% or 25%, Tequatl needs to become invulnerable so the game properly goes into battery phase.

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

This is what I believe the developers need to do in order to fix this bug:

During burn phase, when Tequatl’s healthbar reaches 50% or 25%, Tequatl needs to become invulnerable so the game properly goes into battery phase.

It can also work as Jormag, regens health which goes past the threshold (like, 45% back to 50%).

20 level 80s and counting.

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Foxgod.1038

Foxgod.1038

Actually it is possible to over-DPS Tequatl and prevent the bug, by going way over 25% to about 30-35%

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

Ran into this bug yet again last night while doing a Teq run. As we were told Anet considers this to be an exploit on our part (!) I asked everyone to stop the event and to leave the map. Of course, I was ignored and they got Teq down.

Anet, you’ve known about this rather large and annoying bug for months, now. Can we get an update as to how come it hasn’t yet been addressed? Especially since you will happily ban us if we happen to get the bug and take Teq down anyway? People don’t appreciate having 1 or 2 hours of their time wasted, if you expect them to leave the map for a bug that should have been addressed months ago.

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

As we were told Anet considers this to be an exploit on our part (!)

Who the heck told you that? There hasn’t been any official posts regarding the results from that bug. We only lose couple chests when this bug happens.

Tequatl The Invisible

winterchillz.2564

Yesterday me and the rest of the commanders that were are Tequatl agreed to try to go around the bug and it eventually worked. Trick is to get the whole zerg to spot DPSing on time no matter how hard this is.

However, this is a sloppy workaround and I still believe that a fix should be worked on.

On the other hand, ANet employees, I myself work for a big IT company and I know how long it could take to locate even the smallest problem sometimes; I’m fine with that, investigate, reproduce and work on a fix for as long as you want, we would just be happy to know that you’re aware of the issue and you’re looking into it.

Cheers!

Cloud of Sparrows

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Seems like to me he gained a perma-stelth mod
I never knew that dragons class was Thief – who would have guessed hey?

Okay on a serious side now (jokes put aside):
I would rather have this bug where too much DPS results in skipping phases (ANET can work on fixing it)- than lots of people don’t even bother with TEQ as the laser dmg (not firing after battery phase) meant it became too hard.

I would rather see pugs attempting this and working together achieving success with reasonable organisation (not necessarily optimal builds)- than be despondent as they feel they have very little chance of success.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Easy fix would be to put a DPS cap of 24% on all phases except the final one.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

I hope this gets fixed soon… we spend a lot of time setting up and coordinating. To have to abandon the event after working diligently to prepare is very unfortunate.

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

I would be grateful if we get a response from the ANet team if they’re aware of this issue.

Detailed repro steps like this go a long way towards helping us debug issues like this. We’re currently investigating the issue.

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

Members of TTS have posted video and included detailed steps several times on this topic. We have even offered to reproduce for developers if they care to come observe.

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: kantoku.5421

kantoku.5421

I think they have two actual Tacos present; one Taco is the regular one we kill slowly to get him to take off, and one is the taco during the burn phase, and they swap them out during each phase. I think the issue is that the burn phase Taco is the one that takes off and flies away if we burn him too fast, and the regular slow burn Taco remains and doesn’t get triggered, which bugs things out.

Edit: the reason I think there are two taco models, is that during the phase switches, if you target the slow burn taco he isn’t targeted during the fast burn phase, and when the slow burn phase comes back in you can press T and get the target again.

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

So, I see there’s a dev response on this, but not one on the stealth patch or bug about loosing stacks when one goes underwater. Brilliant.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

I’m a bit frustrated by this thread and the response to it. This has been a bug for some 3-4 months. It is certainly triggered when an overburn occurs, i.e. Tequatl is damaged past the next 25% threshold before burn phase ends. This is something that anyone who does Tequatl regularly has known about for a very long time. It is very easily reproducible, and I am absolutely certain that devs have known about it this whole time. (Not to name names, but I know one specific dev who have spoken to players about it and has attended Tequatl kills. He even asked us in Att about a month back whether or not we were still seeing the bug.)

The only new information about the bug that has been discovered recently is that it is possible to overburn so much that you can break the bug, and make things behave normally. This was reported in a Reddit thread yesterday.

I’m going to call BS on this being an exploit. Any group that is able to trigger this bug is obviously competent enough to complete Tequatl. All this bug does is: (a) make you lose out on rewards, since battery phases get skipped and you won’t be able to get credit for them, and (b) make it harder, since you don’t get the extra DPS from turrets and from double-cleaving during burn.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Hair Composts.7062

Hair Composts.7062

after this bug was reported for the first time klick they removed the laser damage (don’t know if on purpose or not). but yes its known for quite some time… about 3 months considering the first report in that thread.

Tequatl The Invisible

winterchillz.2564

Guys, please!

I don’t see why we have to go ahead and bring other topics and discussions here, this thread is obviously about a specific bug.

Crystal, thank you very much for your response on this one. I’m sure we have plenty of experienced members here who are willing to help as much as possible with the work on a possible fix.

Making a few assumptions blindly here, here’s what might be happening if the case is excessive damage dealt:

Assumption number 1: Defence phase events kick in only at an exact percentage of the champion’s health: 75%, 50% and 25%;
Assumption number 2: During defence phases, Tequatl is basically invulnerable which means that his health remains at that percentage and does not change.

Bug speculation:

• After the whole group of people gather to damage Tequatl after the laser has been fired, they’re dealing enough damage to reach the health percentage for the next defence phase (assuming one defence phase has passed, this means the next is at 50% health points).
  • Code detects Tequatl health has reached 50% but Tequatl is still stunned so he cannot fly off and the defence phase can’t kick in;
  • Tequatl health drops under 50%; Code decides that defence phase has ended since damage is dealt, however he didn’t move from his spot as he was still stunned;
  • Code initiates the take off animation that should have happened at the 50% hp mark, while at the same time keeps Tequatl at the same place as, on the other hand, defence phase must be over since players are able do deal damage;
  • Animation goes off but Tequatl as an object is still on the ground until the next defence phase starts at 25% health.

Of course this is just what would be logical to me but having no knowledge of the backend code, we can just go on and on with opinions on where the problem lies.

Some of you say it’s been around for a while but only a few days ago I got a group of people big enough to trigger the bug, so apologies for reporting something that has probably already been reported by other people.

Cheers!

Cloud of Sparrows

Tequatl The Invisible

Hair Composts.7062

right.. a specific bug, that was announced and reported 3 months ago. there is nothing new to your discription that was not already stated. therefore the removed the laser damage like 2 months ago.

just so you know
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/70/079Slowpoke.png[/img]

Tequatl The Invisible

winterchillz.2564

I wasn’t even playing Guild Wars 2 one month ago, just so you know

Cloud of Sparrows

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Recent thread of this in the support forum, now a few pages back with no response:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Tequatl-bug/first

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Reyo.4738

Reyo.4738

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Detailed repro steps like this go a long way towards helping us debug issues like this. We’re currently investigating the issue.

I see half-decent groups “reproducing” it almost every day (decent ones have too coordinate to stop dpsing him to avoid the bug).
Must be awfully hard and time consuming to do, yeah.

Tequatl The Invisible

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

Experienced this last night myself. Went straight from the 75% battery phase to the 50% battery phase after damaging him enough to trigger the latter phase, which went perfectly, but brought him under 25% after the 50% battery phase and he turned invisible. We had to stand there swinging at thin air for 2/3 minutes and had two bone walls to destroy as a result. It’s not a train smash but it’s pretty annoying.

Tequatl The Invisible

winterchillz.2564

Thank you for fixing this so quickly, ArenaNet! Gonna put it to test in 50 minutes =)

Cloud of Sparrows

Tequatl The Invisible

Hair Composts.7062

Thank you for fixing this so quickly, ArenaNet! Gonna put it to test in 50 minutes =)

very quickly. it only took 3 months.

Tequatl The Invisible

winterchillz.2564

very quickly. it only took 3 months.

Take a look at some other bug threads and how long it takes, please, kthxbai.

Cloud of Sparrows