Tequatl jump pads now require Gliding Mastery

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Boo.5743

Boo.5743

Since the April 1st patch, I can’t use the jump pads during the Tequatl event anymore. A message pops up telling me I need Gliding Mastery but I don’t have HoT so that’s not an option.
This wasn’t a problem before the patch dropped today.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

The pads are now functioning like the newer ones at the Shatterer event and others that are spread around several other zones. While they do allow for glider deployment mid-flight, the glider use is not actually needed to reach the destination. The requirement for glider mastery to launch from the pads is completely unnecessary.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The pads are now functioning like the newer ones at the Shatterer event and others that are spread around several other zones. While they do allow for glider deployment mid-flight, the glider use is not actually needed to reach the destination. The requirement for glider mastery to launch from the pads is completely unnecessary.

When they first added jump pads around central Tyria, there would be a message when trying to use some of them with it saying that you needed to have basic gliding unlocked. The jump pads wouldn’t work for me even though I had, i think, up to stealth gliding unlocked at that time. (There was a jump pad somewhere in Mount Maelstrom I came across with that issue) Some players were able to use the jump pads just fine while others got the message that basic gliding had to be unlocked (even if you did have it unlocked).

The problem was fixed, but from what the OP describes, it sounds like the bug is back.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Aristide de Beaumont.8623

Aristide de Beaumont.8623

Don’t have any mastery and since yesterday can’t use Tequalt jump pads no more and have the standard “buy HOT if you want to use me”.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Testing with my second account that doesn’t have HoT, I’m unable to use the pads scattered around Central Tyria. Result is the same as trying to use the Tequatl pads. The launch animation starts (sound effect and ‘tornado’ spin), but is interrupted and a help tooltip shows telling me to train glider mastery. However, the pads at the Shatterer event do successfully launch, but still show the help tooltip on every use of the pad.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra