Terrain tilting while walking, running

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

So I patched a small thing today and noticed that my character now runs like in older games, always 90 degrees to the terrain.
It corrects itself while standing after a second or a little more, but when in movement including gathering the proper angle is not there.
Does this happen only to me?
It’s ugly and after getting used to even run also disturbing.

Attached screenshot with more extreme angle to show it off.

Edit: It seems to be related to Frostgorge Sound map only. Will test others later when I have time (or someone help me).

Attachments:

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/

(edited by Um Abbas.5693)

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Your character runs/walks in 45 degree angle? This is just recent? This is in all maps?
Thank you!

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

His character (from head→toe) is always perpendicular to the ground he is walking on. That means if the ground is flat, he stands straight up as one would expect. If, however, he stands on an incline of 45 degrees, his character stands at a 45 degree angle to the ground. I’ve noticed this on my character only after taking part in the Shatterer event, but apparently it can be triggered by something in Frostgorge as well. In the example he provides, by standing on the corner of the bridge, he’s on some diagonal piece of geometry, and therefore is standing at that angle.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve had this happen several times over the past few months, but it has only ever really lasted while I continued to hold the forward movement key. Even after releasing the forward movement key I would remain angled to the terrain for about 2 seconds afterward and I would then suddenly ‘snap’ upright to a natural position. I think it may also be related to the issue of our characters initiating the forward movement but getting stuck in the first step of the animation (linked). Only way to get out of the stuck pose is to release the forward movement key and then attempt to move forward again. I also think these issues may be related to a form of lag.

“Character’s movement”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Character-s-movement

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

This has happened to me randomly since Guild Wars 2’s release. It also happens to other players and even npc’s and monsters out in the open world.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Did someone reset the axis with this last patch?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve had this happen to my character. It wasn’t in Frostgorge; I think it was in Sparkfly or somewhere around there. Same exact thing, but it cleared up after a day or so. Haven’t (thankfully) seen it since. The person I was partied with at the time did not experience this anomaly (we were in the same place).

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

This has happened to me in the past month or so. I can’t reliably reproduce it, but it has occurred twice a few minutes after completing shatterer for me as well. The other times it seems completely random. The times it occurred from shatterer the effect lingered until I exited the map- the other times it lasted until I triggered another animation (attack, jump).

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

I’ve had the happen in the past (~2months ago) and again since the last patch. The character always aligns to the surface normal of the terrain, on the terrain mesh as well as separate objects with collision like large rocks. The angle is not limited.
I have also seen it on other players, don’t know if it’s local or not.
Not been able to reproduce yet