Text Encoding - Interface Size bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Selsenay.6892

Selsenay.6892

When interface size is set to Large, dashes and bullets and possibly other characters become strange looking Es and As. Like the bullet between listed abilities on enemy nameplates and the -Name at the end of letters in the mail.

I’ve seen reports that go as far back as a year ago that this has been a consistent problem. I’ve found no fixes or solutions aside from “don’t use Large”. My eyes are kind of bad and picky (really weird astigmatism) and Large is really the perfect size for me, but the text issue just makes everything weird.

Reinstalls and repairs don’t fix it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dreamsong.2896

Dreamsong.2896

I want to thank you for pointing out how this is happening. I’ve noticed this for the last week or so and had no idea what was doing it. Almost every merchant and creature had the “E” letter mixed in. Changing the “Interface Size” away from Large fixed this right up. Anything other than Large seems to work fine and I’m glad it’s back to normal for me. Let’s hope they fix the Large setting for you.

Thank you again.

Posted by: BourbonDingo.6187

BourbonDingo.6187

I’m also experiencing this bug (8 months later), so I assumed that this would be worthwhile to bump up.

I second the idea that ‘just don’t use large’ isn’t an acceptable fix.