Texture seam visible on Whispers Leggings

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kirika.7136

Kirika.7136

Following the instructions from the the previous topics:

Screenshot of the issue and equipment on the Hero Panel are attached to this post

Race – Human
Sex – Female
Class – Engineer

I have tried multiple combinations of equipment, and verified that this visual issue was indeed caused by the Whispers Leggings (Medium Armor), which can be purchased from Armor Requisitioner Betje at the Chantry of Secrets

As can be seen in both screenshots, this piece of armor has a problem with its texture, which leaves one’s character with an texture-less line right below the bellybutton

I am not sure whether this is race-specific or not, nor whether there are other pieces of armor which have texture problems like this

Thank you in advance for your time

Attachments:

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Unfortunately, this has been an issue for over 9 months with female abdomens across several races. This visible seam was “fixed” in the front on some of the bodies/races simply by them moving the seam to the lower back of the models. Other cases, it simply looks like the torso is tucked into the lower half like a shirt into pants. It’s disgusting. The texture of the torso doesn’t match up with the texture below the belly button, and when it is tucked in, the lighting actually causes the lower half to cast a shadow onto the tucked in upper half. Even Sylvari glow lines on females do not match up at all around the waist and it looks horrendous. However, the state where the huge seam is open to where the torso is floating above the waist with an empty space there is the most common that I still see.

I’m very, very sorry to have to say that you should not anticipate it being properly fixed any time soon.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Shadowborn.3529

Shadowborn.3529

Not a problem compared to the fact the majority of players that have whisper’s gear on at the moment have dye locks on color red and dye slots actually missing from their dye charts. This does need to be addressed more than a small line break thats months old and not been dealt with.

Posted by: Kirika.7136

Kirika.7136

Yes, it is a problem. The existence of other, greater problems does not erase the existence of small ones. And I certainly won’t refrain from reporting any problems I come across simply because there are other ones to be dealt with

Edit: I’m very sorry StinVec, I completely forgot to thank you for letting me know about the current state of this bug. All we can do is hope for the best then

(edited by Kirika.7136)

Posted by: anigel.5438

anigel.5438

Not a problem compared to the fact the majority of players that have whisper’s gear on at the moment have dye locks on color red and dye slots actually missing from their dye charts. This does need to be addressed more than a small line break thats months old and not been dealt with.

Just because something is not as big an issue in your opinion, does not mean it is not a bug. Heck if that applied then your unable to dye one part of your OOW armor would never get resolved as people have been unable to reliably join parties for months!

(edited by anigel.5438)