Thaumanova Fractal causes game crash

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aldarn.4650

Aldarn.4650

We were doing fractal 40 and got Thaumanova. After leaving the starting room you have to go to the center of the room and kill 4 Skritt. As the last Skritt died my game crashed, as it did for everyone else in the party meaning we lost all progress.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

This just happend a 2nd time, and we found a workaround for it. I’ll just copy what i posted in the dungeon forum:
Quick update for the thaumanova bug, we got it again (gg) and it crashed again, but if at least 1 person doesn’t close the error message, this person is still in the fractal even if the client has crashed. This means, that the rest of the party can reenter the fractal after they restarted their game.

However, this is gamebreaking and if sb doesn’t know this workaround (Pug-Groups) the progress of 3 fractals is lost.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

It happened to us as well just now. We were in Fractal scale 50 and finished two other fractals. While we were doing the third fractal, Thaumanova fractal, all of our clients crashed to the desktop as we killed the skritts in the middle. Once logged in again nobody was in the fractal anymore and all of our progress got lost.

It must be something related to this week’s patch because I’ve never seen a full party crash back to desktop in Fractals before.

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

It happened to us as well just now. We were in Fractal scale 50 and finished two other fractals. While we were doing the third fractal, Thaumanova fractal, all of our clients crashed to the desktop as we killed the skritts in the middle. Once logged in again nobody was in the fractal anymore and all of our progress got lost.

It must be something related to this week’s patch because I’ve never seen a full party crash back to desktop in Fractals before.

Are you getting the crash dialogue to send to ArenaNet? There was an earlier fix this week for a server side crash in fractals but this looks different.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

This just happened to my group as well. Everyone crashed a few seconds after we’d killed the four skritt around the central console.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Are you getting the crash dialogue to send to ArenaNet? There was an earlier fix this week for a server side crash in fractals but this looks different.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, as soon as the game collapsed there was a pop up to send a crash report to ANet. This report was sent about 2 hours ago from this account if you need to look it up.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Mine froze completely and didn’t show an error (and neither made screenshots, so here’s a photo), had to Alt-Ctrl-Del and kill with Task Manager on Windows 7. The same happened yesterday, at the same place (+- 5 meters); today we used Blink and portalled up, but yesterday we didn’t portal but IIRC one person did blink up.

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

This just happened to my group as well. Everyone crashed a few seconds after we’d killed the four skritt around the central console.

It happened to us at lv 50 but not at 30 a day before that. Also considering Aldarn’s opening statement that it also happens at lv 40 it coincides with the levels in which the door to the console in the Prisoner’s Room is already open before rescuing any of them.
Could be related.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Although not likely related, Just right now, 3 of us couldn’t enter Fractals at all. Caused our games to give an error and close completely. Didn’t get the error wrote down sorry, happened to quick to see if it was the IP thing I saw mentioned elsewhere, even though I’ve had mapinfo on. had to all leave and re-enter. Besides a few seriously lagging, which can’t be blamed on GW2, seemed to be the only mishap.

edited for clarification and: I was secretly hoping to get thaumanova to see what might happen after the initial crashing upon trying to enter my party had brought me here. I’d think though that if this was consistent there would be far more posting about it by now, which could make it more difficult for Anet to debug and fix.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: Kaliki.3247

Kaliki.3247

My team and I all had a game crash in therma just now. We all sent our report in but I wanted you to know you were not alone. It was a level 29 and we were fighting the portal by the main console.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

My team and I all had a game crash in therma just now. We all sent our report in but I wanted you to know you were not alone. It was a level 29 and we were fighting the portal by the main console.

That’s odd. I’ve done fractals the day before yesterday (40 or 50) and we had no problems at this portal anymore. I figured it’s been fixed in one of the patches.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: jelenko.6018

jelenko.6018

This is still happening. Just lost progress on lvl 38 when entire party crashed while fighting the portal next to the main console.

Posted by: Crystallize.8603

Crystallize.8603

Oh Fractals isn’t working?
It’s not HoT related who cares. Might aswell scrap fractals cuz no one plays it. Too hard for casuals to do since they all complain about double daily fractal. Dw. Fractal rewards will soon be added to daily log in. Fractal tonic for all.

Can mods please stop locking threads that are constructive.
Just delete posts that are derailments.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Its still present – I had this yesterday.

Its a full client crash (not code 7) with send to ANET Logs – everyone in the instance crashs.
50% of the time this instance crash’s – it hit me on lvl 30. Our lvl 40 was fine – same strategy. I have had 2 crashs in two days doing FoTM – so I can safely say it is not fixed.

We had just cleared the skritt to activate the next dialog sequence and boom crash near the main console. Dont know if this helps – we all blinked to the top (shadow step / light flash / merc intervention).

Perhaps if this can be disabled from the sequence for more testing – pretty bad to get which then crashs an entire FoTM chain.

We also have found the only thing that helps:
- There is one player whos game doesnt full crash but the client interface goes fully nuts on them (cannot be easily closed even with CTRL+ALT+DEL).
- All other players get error codes to send back to ANET

If you are on teamspeak – the person with the game interface which goes nuts is still in the instance. The players with error codes can restart GW2 – and get back into the same instance. Once this has been completed the players whos game has gone nuts can then restart their PC and then get into the instance.

This is definitly a big bonus to being on teamspeak when doing this buggy FoTM.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

(edited by TPMN.1483)

Posted by: lochnessasaur.2169

lochnessasaur.2169

Still happening!

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Still happening. It crashed after we killed skritt just when door to ooze boss opened. Holding crash message until everyone relogged saved the instance.

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

Was anyone a guardian by chance?

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I wonder is it only on one FoTM level?
I ran a 50 today it was fine – but my last 30 it crashed.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Envy.1748

Envy.1748

Hey Lauren!
We had a crash last night in Thaumanova fractal after clearing the skritt @ the central console. Team was as follows – 1 guardian, 2 elementalists, 1 mesmer, 1 warrior.
We were able to resume our fractal run with me keeping the error message while the others relogged and reentered FotM, we had no trouble finishing after.

What happens in fractals, stays in fractals.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Yeah we had a guardian. 1 guard, 2 eles, 1 thief, 1 war. Aegis and stab were up to block random pulls.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Happen twice today with us, I was on a guardian both times. First time we all sent the error message immediately; Relogged back in and the instance was closed. Several hours later, it happen again on the Thumanova fractal. Except two of us delayed with sending the error report and we kept the instance open.

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Thanks! This was a weird one, now it’s time to get out my poking stick.

Posted by: ggliff.8903

ggliff.8903

Just happened to us, half way through killing skritt and some other stuff we managed to pull and we all crashed. My whole screen froze and had to restart PC. I was on Gaurd. ALl others also crashed but one quickly restarted and got back in while we all restarted.