The Battle of Claw Island Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ultio.8015

Ultio.8015

So I’m playing through the battle for Claw Island on my mesmer. I’ve reached the part where I’m supposed to attack the ship with the trebuchets. However, every time I fire them, the blast hits the wall literally right in front of the trebuchet, rather than firing out into the ocean or at the ship. I’ve tried leaving the vehicle and getting back in, changing the angle I’m firing at, etc. Nothing changes the fact that the ordinance hits the area directly in front of the trebuchet.

So… how do I continue with the storyline if I can’t sink the ship?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Are you holding the middle button long enough so it’ll actually fire far enough? You have to hold it down to make it fire farther away.

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

I just did this mission last night on my new character. You have to hold the 2 skill until the bar fills up completely and then you can one shot the ship. You can’t just hit 2 and release it, as there is a charge up for that skill.

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

Posted by: Ultio.8015

Ultio.8015

Yeah, I was holding and charging it. It’s like the shot was bouncing off something and hitting the ground. I tried it again tonight after work, and it worked. I guess not an issue that’s permanent.

Thanks guys.