The Battle of Claw Island bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sephirya.1830

Sephirya.1830

I tried doing the quest twice today and both times it gets stuck at the same part. After igniting the signal beacon and helping Lionguard defend the central courtyard the dragon comes, and then the part when your mentor sacrifices himself/herself is supposed to happen but it never does. The quest description is greyed out and there is no continue condition and no way to finish. I thought the condition to start the “sacrifice” part is that all NPCs must be out of combat, so my friend and I cleared the area entirely but the NPCs don’t do anything.
As I remember correctly after the dragon shows up, all you have to do is fall back behind your mentor and then he closes the doors and says he’ll sacrifice himself.

I tried it both as a Priory member and as Order of Whispers member, it still gets stuck at the same part.

Attachments:

Posted by: DutchMass.4971

DutchMass.4971

Had the same thing aswell, only after i cleared the entire courtyard, i walked up to the spot where the dragon was.
After hit by its roar the storyline kicked in again amd i was able to finish it

Posted by: Sephirya.1830

Sephirya.1830

Had the same thing aswell, only after i cleared the entire courtyard, i walked up to the spot where the dragon was.
After hit by its roar the storyline kicked in again amd i was able to finish it

I though of doing that, but the fun thing is, the dragon wasn’t there. After the cinematic was done there was only a hole in the wall and when I got close to it, there was no dragon :S

Posted by: SadWolf.7654

SadWolf.7654

I tried doing the quest twice today and both times it gets stuck at the same part. After igniting the signal beacon and helping Lionguard defend the central courtyard the dragon comes, and then the part when your mentor sacrifices himself/herself is supposed to happen but it never does. The quest description is greyed out and there is no continue condition and no way to finish. I thought the condition to start the “sacrifice” part is that all NPCs must be out of combat, so my friend and I cleared the area entirely but the NPCs don’t do anything.
As I remember correctly after the dragon shows up, all you have to do is fall back behind your mentor and then he closes the doors and says he’ll sacrifice himself.

I tried it both as a Priory member and as Order of Whispers member, it still gets stuck at the same part.

Happened to me aswell but as I walk passed the broken wall, the dragon appeared out of nowhere, roared pushing me back in fear and triggered the next quest step. Hope it helps

Posted by: Zydico.7958

Zydico.7958

Same thing happened. Dutchmass’s solution helped :]. The dragon also disappeared, but when you get closer to the broken part of the wall, it reappears.

Posted by: Deggial Demonaz.4016

Deggial Demonaz.4016

Bumping, this happened to me as well 2 times already can’t believe they haven’t fixed this thing yet. Definitely not trying it any more.

Attachments:

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Yup – hit this just now, so still a problem. Having found this thread, like others I ran over to the hole in the wall where the dragon supposedly was (but where it wasn’t visible, despite my high graphics settings), and it reappeared; after a few seconds of running around under it, it started roaring and the story moved on. (It then took me ages to get out the courtyard, thanks to the frequent, extended fears, but that’s a different issue.)

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

just had this happen to me as well, the dragon thing worked. but still bloody annoying

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

It breaks immersion for newer players.
It’s been like this for months already and it really needs to be fixed.

Posted by: Daetur.4863

Daetur.4863

Just ran into this today after getting the game for Christmas… can’t imagine how frustrating it would be for a new player without some gaming experience. Took me a little bit to figure out something was actually wrong, and then I had to know to tab out and search “Battle of Claw Island Bug” to try to find a fix. Running over to the wall did cause the dragon to reappear, but it’s certainly immersion-breaking, which is a shame since that’s such a major selling point of this game versus other MMOs.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Had this happen to me about six months ago or so, odd that it still isn’t fixed as it was reported by me and several others.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Yeap it happen to me too.
It is still bugged.
When will they ever fix that ?
Maybe we need to talk in thread more…
I was leveling my character and i went to do that story and that dragon disappear ….

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Woot! Its not just me! Yea, same exact thing to me on Dark Haven server playing on the Whispers story. Luckily though, I’ve played this story so much times over my many characters that the instant I ran to the spot that’s suppose to cue the “sacrifice” scene, I knew something was wrong… that and the dragon that looks like Tqu poofed out of thin air. I ran to where the dragon was and then everything kicked back into gear and I was able to finish. Very annoying stall bug, but easy to work around until it’s properly fixed.
So, for anyone that hasn’t gotten it to work for them, just run to the broken wall, get yelled at by a dragon, then the objective to fall back to the front gate will appear.

Oh and I should add that this was the first time it broke for me (did the story a couple days ago), but I hadn’t done it a suck a long time and hadn’t realized this bug was for months it seems.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

(edited by Aerin Dark Water.6283)

Posted by: iLLuMiNaToR.4062

iLLuMiNaToR.4062

yesterday i played this mission and i had this error
now i most played it al over again.
this problem they have a long time so i read

Attachments:

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

I encountered this a long time ago… I found my mentor’s corpse near the water and had to res him so that he could sacrifice himself properly.