The Lost Chieftain's Return bugged ?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dane.9480

Dane.9480

Seems I’m the lucky one allways to take a path that is buggered.

The Lost Chieftain’s Return
Defend Agrak Kraal from Uldeks branded horde:

Speak to Lagula (checked)
Check in with Builder Gorkan (checked)
Fend of branded horde so orgre villagers can escape (checked)
Defend the gates of Agrak Kraal (well …nobody is attacking waited for 10 min)

Tryed twice and gave up

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Did you check inside the Kraal? The Branded bombard the village itself, so you won’t see them running in from outside like in the first 2 waves.

Posted by: Dane.9480

Dane.9480

Thanks for the fast reply

Yes I did … but after I read you post I checked outside the green circle and found a bugger hiding

Thanks again …problem solved ..you can close this thread

Posted by: Sentry.3691

Sentry.3691

This quest is definitely bugged. I played through it three times and it bugged out the first two times, and on different steps. It needs to be looked at. The quest steps just randomly fail to complete and advance to the next, and you are forced to run out of the quest area in order to reset the instance. Really annoying.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Exactly which steps stalled? Did you search the area for enemies? The waves are staggered so that each one spawns (and the objective is activated) when you completely wipe out the wave before.

Posted by: Cancor.8196

Cancor.8196

it bugs after one defeats the second wave (minotaurs) at “defend the gates of agrak kraal”

The minotaurs acted strangely. looked like one of them spawned in the palisades.

Posted by: Bolongo.2043

Bolongo.2043

I had the same bug as Cancor (probably) the first time I did this mission.

After killing 3 minotaurs there were no more to be found and it all stalled out.

Second time around (after relogging), I noticed a 4th minotaur being killed by NPCs and I got a few hits in on it before it died. Then I could progress.

So my guess is: if you let a minotaur die without touching it, you’ll get stuck. Or maybe that 4th one was stuck in a wall the first time. :P

(edited by Bolongo.2043)

Posted by: Talon.8024

Talon.8024

Just gone through the same bug before checking for a fix, loving this game. But it would be nice if this could be ironed out. Thanks

Posted by: Gaurfang.3025

Gaurfang.3025

I had exactly the same problem with this instance (lost chieftain’s return). I tried 20 times, using different tactics, and discovered how to get through. Posters above are 100% correct- it’s all about the mobs hiding or being killed by npc’s. There are two major stall points- at the gates and inside the keep.

More specifically, to get all the way through the instance here are my tips:

1) Immediately tag ALL the mobs when protecting the settlers, defending the gates, and inside the keep. As a ranger, I ran around like made hitting tab and throwing axes and setting traps everywhere. Reset your buttons to all the traps you have for maximum effect. On my guardian I couldn’t do this, ended up re-rolling anyway and joined the Priory (Not because of this bug, but because I had 3 norn already and wanted an Asura to balance things out a bit)

You have to tag quickly, the ogres kill the mobs quickly and tend to focus fire on one.

2) RIGHT after defending the refugees who fell, go up the hill BEHIND the Ogre Queen (forgot her name, totally swamped by her hawtness and can’t recall). There is a minotaur behind her, stuck IN the gate. She kills this one really fast, if she does you are sunk. Go tag it first, then go tag every other beasty or you have to start over.

3) Inside the keep, you have to run around in circles and tag everything. There is a scorpion type creature in the very back half-stuck behind a wall, and a few other beasties in corners. You have to tag all of them! I ran to the back, setting traps on the way, and tagged the back creatures then ran back to the front spamming TAB and chucking axes like I had stock in Axe Inc.

4) Where do all those axes come from? If you are not a ranger, hopefully you have a good aoe or bouncy skill for this one.

I hope that helps people. Until they smooth this one out, you CAN get through it with some frantic use of TAB.

Good luck out there,
-Gaurfang

Posted by: blickquickly.4168

blickquickly.4168

Im having the EXACT same problem, except I cant find anything “hiding” or otherwise, it just…stops. Please FIX!

Edit: Finally got through it!

Look, I cant promise I’ll try….But I’ll try to try.

(edited by blickquickly.4168)

Posted by: Zanderoth.8632

Zanderoth.8632

At first I thought this was not working for me either, so I left the game running while I was looking for a solution, and after about ten minutes enemies started appearing in the kraal. To me it looks like a timer or trigger is set incorrectly. It would make a lot more sense if they showed up as soon as I entered after killing everything outside.

(edited by Zanderoth.8632)